Apparently it is now!

Eyebrow

8 minutes ago, BrendanH said:

live with one foot in Melbourne and one in Armpitsville, QLD. 

What's with the "Armpitsville"?  #NotHelping

Well done Eyebrow. Such a relief to be out of there. Your new circumstances will unfold and who knows how/what that will look like except to say that you are now on the sure path to PR. Well done for finding a new path. I don't know if it has sunk in for you just how amazing you are to have pulled this off. 

Looking forward to hearing about your new adventures :D

Edited by RYLC
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, RYLC said:

What's with the "Armpitsville"?  #NotHelping

A combination of me not remembering the name of the town and adding a bit of humour. Point still stands that you can make a home anywhere you try if you have family.

Splitting the family is an awful idea.

• Like 1

Haha. I like Armpitsville! Sounds like a place where you need a lot of deoderant though... :P 

RYLC I dont know how this path will be and if it will lead to a visa.... I will only find out in 2 y time. Application date for PR is now Feb  2018. But it is, at the moment, the best way that I can see. (Does not mean that it is the best way there is, but it is what I could find, given my limited set of availabilities). Thank you RYLC for your unwavering support! You have really gone above and beyond.

This forum has been a helpline to me in my need. And, i think, to a lot of people. Thanks guys for taking your valuable time and answer and encouraging people.

• Like 4

Eyebrow,  I sincerely hope that we will hear from you again, once you are sorted out in Queensland! You just cannot disappear from the scene, we would all miss RYLC's encouragement posts! We can start a new one for 730 days to PR!

• Like 3

Nah, we will all get stuck In.... believe me the day we hear that you have PR Eyebrow, there is going to be a lot of us rejoicing on your behalf!

• Like 1

Yes Eyebrow don't go disappearing now. Keep in touch. We'll still be here. 

It's been my pleasure to post a little something for you a few times a week. My late mother was the BEST encourager /cheer leader (so I've learnt from her) and I've realised that a little boost can really help when you are feeling down.  I think the sunshine and laid back nature of Queensland will work its magic in helping you relax a bit from now on...  One last thing I'll do for you this time around is press the fast forward button to get you to 2018 :jester:

Keep us posted and take care 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mara said:

Nah, we will all get stuck In.... believe me the day we hear that you have PR Eyebrow, there is going to be a lot of us rejoicing on your behalf!

AMEN!!!  Looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mara said:

Eyebrow,  I sincerely hope that we will hear from you again...

Yes Eyebrow. I want to hear some positive stuff. You've had your challenges, taken them on and beaten them and I hope the next time we hear from you that you have a good story to tell. Make the most of your second chance :)

• Like 2

You guys are almost talking as if I am going to drop off the ends of the earth! :o

Not to worry, I use this journal as almost a therapeutic tool. To share my frustrations! So unlikely to disappear.  A lot of water still has to run into the sea before we get to 2018 and PR application.

The removal company is coming tomorrow. Things suddenly happening fast!

Drove round Melbourne today. Super sad that we have to leave. The city has crawled deep into my heart. (Obviously more so during summer, rather than the endless winters :P)

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Eyebrow said:

going to drop off the ends of the earth

Me as a strong support of the flat earth society I guess you where pretty close to it - is that the proverbial "living on the edge".......

Good luck with the move, settling in and we all wait for the new chapter in your journal called - ....and Eyebrow lived happily everafter

• Like 2

So... Last day in Melbourne before we leave, on a jet plane...

3 days ago we took our car to second hand dealer. He drove it and offered us 30% of what we paid for it one year ago. I cried, I fought, I advertised on carsales.com and went to other dealers. But that was the going rate! Second hand car market in Australia is non-egg-bloody-sisting. We eventually agreed. Happy to get some money. Every cent counts!  But would only be bringing it in today, as we still needed it to get around. As flight is leaving tomorrow.

So today we get into car to drive it to dealer, but it wont start. We keep trying until battery started to complain. We are not RACV members, so have to phone random mobile mechanic. He comes, but call out fee $75 and then $190/hr. Then one has to add parts on top.  He did oil and water. Battery and spark plugs had to be replaced. Catalytic converter not blocked. Compression good. Fuel pump working. But car still not starting after 3 hours. $650 in labour. But valves not good. To replace engine $3000. More than what car is worth. Therefore it has to be towed and scrapped. We are in hotel at moment as our house keys has been given back to agents. And we have a dead car in the parking lot... And its Friday evening... And we are leaving Melbourne 9 am tomorrow.

Does it get any better than this?

I do think my life is something out of a TV drama. Although I mean script writers wouldnt even be able to come up with this amount of plot twists, even if they were taking hallucinogenic drugs... :huh:

I Just want a plain boring predictable life.

I must have done something awful in a previous life to deserve this... :ph34r:

Why does bad :censored: keep on happening to good people?

Seems like your ex-boss has mental powers.

Scriptwriters might get those twists, Eyebrow, but people would start saying it's unrealistic that ghost hunters with psychic powers who were able to teleport from place to place would have such bad luck and accuse the writers of overdoing it.   :)

• Like 2

Wowzers! You win. 

Eyebrow, I wish you and your family a fresh new start, away from the bad luck that is following you at the moment.  

• Like 1

.........never a dull moment - bet you are going to miss that. A plain boring predictable life is way to dull for some.

mmm...think about it this way - one day on your head stone the inscription "here lays someone with a plain boring predictable life" OR rather " here lays someone that everyone is reading, praying and talking about - never had one bored moment in life" :D

• Like 2

Ai, I really! really! hope your luck turns around once you arrive in Queensland. "Hugs"

Edited by TacticJourney
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Eyebrow said:

So... Last day in Melbourne before we leave, on a jet plane...

3 days ago we took our car to second hand dealer. He drove it and offered us 30% of what we paid for it one year ago. I cried, I fought, I advertised on carsales.com and went to other dealers. But that was the going rate! Second hand car market in Australia is non-egg-bloody-sisting. We eventually agreed. Happy to get some money. Every cent counts!  But would only be bringing it in today, as we still needed it to get around. As flight is leaving tomorrow.

So today we get into car to drive it to dealer, but it wont start. We keep trying until battery started to complain. We are not RACV members, so have to phone random mobile mechanic. He comes, but call out fee $75 and then $190/hr. Then one has to add parts on top.  He did oil and water. Battery and spark plugs had to be replaced. Catalytic converter not blocked. Compression good. Fuel pump working. But car still not starting after 3 hours. $650 in labour. But valves not good. To replace engine $3000. More than what car is worth. Therefore it has to be towed and scrapped. We are in hotel at moment as our house keys has been given back to agents. And we have a dead car in the parking lot... And its Friday evening... And we are leaving Melbourne 9 am tomorrow.

Does it get any better than this?

I do think my life is something out of a TV drama. Although I mean script writers wouldnt even be able to come up with this amount of plot twists, even if they were taking hallucinogenic drugs... :huh:

I Just want a plain boring predictable life.

I must have done something awful in a previous life to deserve this... :ph34r:

Hi Eyebrow

I've been following this post for a while...where in Central Queensland will you be going?

We are in Mackay...will you be close?

Liefste Eyebrow ? you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers.  You are being refined into the purest gold ?  It probably feels like wave after wave but I do believe that you and your family will be rewarded with peace, tranquility and contentment - this is my prayer for you.  May this stronghold be broken and replaced with abundant blessings ?

❤️

I am sorry, but it really feels like everybody wants a piece of you in this country.

The car now needs towing and mechanic wants another $200 for that, or he washes his hands of our car in the hotel parking lot.

The estate agent tells us we are not getting our bond back. Why? "Weeds in front garden, porch not swept, smudge on bathroom mirror, soap scum in corner of en suite shower, toilet roll left behind in one toilet, edge of dishwasher needs additional cleaning"

Bond will have to be used for garden services and full house cleaning.

We cleaned and cleaned that house! But they are not happy.

We have lost sooo much money as result of this move.

I am at my wits end.

So now that you've gone through the spin cycle (sorry about that), you should be safely out the other side in sunny Queensland.

Perhaps it's time to leave that yucky past behind once and for all and start a new thread with a new focus?

Looking forward to hearing about your move and settling in.

• Like 1

We have arrived and am going through the usual things to get settled. At the moment we are staying in nice temp accomodation and renting a car. It is hot.

House, car, schools. All needs to be done. 

I start new job in 2 weeks. Am enjoying the free time! It is a novelty, which I could get used to too easily!

My little boy's speech has suddenly worsened. And I am struggling to understand him. Before I could always make out what he wanted to say. This is concerning me.

The thing is, wherever you go, you take yourself with you...

• Like 1