Apparently it is now!

Eyebrow

I agree with RYLC.  Pour a glass of wine and give yourself a break!  

He is only a human being.  What can he really do to you?  Nothing.  After this week, you do not ever have to see or talk to him again.

You did it Eyebrow!  With tremendous perseverance and determination, you got another job and sponsor.  Give yourself the credit you deserve! 

Edited by TacticJourney
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, TacticJourney said:

You did it Eyebrow!  With tremendous preserverance and determination, you got another job and sponsor.  Give yourself the credit you deserve! 

AMEN AMEN AMEN!!

• Like 1

Eyebrow this week will rush by and before you realise it will be over!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, TacticJourney said:

I agree with RYLC.  Pour a glass of wine and give yourself a break!  

He is only a human being.  What can he really do to you?  Nothing.  After this week, you do not ever have to see or talk to him again.

You did it Eyebrow!  With tremendous perseverance and determination, you got another job and sponsor.  Give yourself the credit you deserve! 

Thanks!

At this rate there will be an "whole lotta pouring goin on"  :P

Anyway, the unfortunate thing is, I WILL have to see him again. We woke in such a small field, that everyone meets annually at the National meeting. So there I will see  him again, as he is an important kingpin in the Australian game...

Well that's if you attend...  You can cross that bridge at a later stage.

Right now we can support you through the next 5 days. This time next week you'll have had that weight off your shoulders for more than 24 hours. Woohoo!

tell us how you plan to celebrate. A bottle of something, a long bubble bath, movie night at home. Definitely plan something no matter how small as it's important to celebrate the wins along the way.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eyebrow said:

Anyway, the unfortunate thing is, I WILL have to see him again.

You never mentioned this before. This is a game changer!

You do the right thing - leave with a clean slate, clear conscious and good reputation!! 

Hi there,

I've just read this whole thread from start to finish. All I can say is WOW! 

Eyebrow, I wish you all the best for your last week at the mad house. I promised myself I would not give any energy to the negative things that has crossed your path during your time in Aus. 

I wish you strength, clarity of mind and resilience. May the rest of journey be filled with people who are kind and seek to add value to your life and the life of others. 

Hang in there lady.:boxing:

• Like 1

That is unfortunate.  Hopefully when you see him at the next meeting, you can tell him how much you are enjoying Queensland.

Best of luck with the home stretch!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TacticJourney said:

Yeah, Eyebrow, you have to celebrate the victories. Getting a new sponsorship is a huge one. You have battled out and won the opportunity for a second chance. A lot of people can't say that.

• Like 1

2 days to go before I finish my job.

It has been hard and easy. 

Easy because, turns out my boss is still on holiday until next week.

Hard because of the amount of work to be done still. I am super exhausted. Want to just sleep and wake up when this is all over.

And it reached 43 degrees today. It is hot hot hot. Melbourne has such a funny climate. Tomorrow has a high of 19 degrees!

Am unable to sleep well now. Lots of stuff in my mind...

Edited by Eyebrow
  • Like 1

Oh, and I am beyond the point of no return. My new employer's nomination has been confirmed and my 457 has been transfered. Took 4 days...

• Like 12

That is awesome news. May it be onwards and upwards. 

6 hours ago, Eyebrow said:

Oh, and I am beyond the point of no return. My new employer's nomination has been confirmed and my 457 has been transfered. Took 4 days...

Sometimes it is all about HOW we say things to ourselves. To me your phrasing sounds terrified (which you might be) but you don't have to let your brain know.

So how about I'm so relieved that transfer only took 4 days. I'm so lucky and resourceful to have found myself a new sponsor.  I'm excited about this new opportunity. You don't have to feel it. You just have to say it to yourself. Words are POWERFUL so try not to keep repeating any negative phrases over and over to yourself (I speak from experience ?)

Your greatest blessing this week is that @/%#<|* is still on leave.  All will be well.   You are a STAR to have made this plan for yourself and your family. Your migration story will fuel the resourcefulness of your kids into the future so well done. 

Edited by RYLC
  • Like 4

Eyebrow, with all the complications you had to change sponsors, rather look at this as an absolute blessing.... for your whole family.  We are all proud of you for the tenacity that you have shown and I for one, just wish that we could throw a huge party for you on Saturday....

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Eyebrow said:

YESSSS!!!!!!!

That must be such a relief. I know that every time something happened with us visa-wise it felt like a weight being removed (literally, and I know what literally means).

• Like 1

Just think.....after all this......I almost cannot believe that tomorrow is Eyebrows last day!  

I do think it is time for us all to toi, toi, and shout out loud "finally the day has come"!

• Like 4

Well done Eyebrow, you must be feeling very relieved (and of course slightly nervous - as we all know is your natural state) right now.  Hope you guys have taken time out of the big pack to go and celebrate.

It will be a change and it will be new, but take it from one who has moved Melbourne to Queensland, even though the take-out is not as good and the coffee sucks, the lifestyle up north is much easier than Melbourne and you and your family will be happy (yes, slightly sweaty, but happy).  At least this time you are only moving states and not countries - as I told my children who were worried it would be as massive as the one from Jo'burg to Melbourne, they still have all the same shops, banks and generally the same laws, its just a different city in the same country.

When you visit Brissie let us know, and I look forward to seeing you without a worried frown on your face!

• Like 1

Well done!! Your nightmare is over, now you can look forward and put all of this behind you.  Good luck with the new job, the move and the settling in into your new home.

• Like 1

On 14/1/2016 at 10:41 PM, Mara said:

Just think.....after all this......I almost cannot believe that tomorrow is Eyebrows last day!  

I do think it is time for us all to toi, toi, and shout out loud "finally the day has come"!

Yes, yes, let's all go to our local shopping centre's tomorrow and do the "industrial cha-cha" and then some "affirmative shopping" in honour of Eyebrow ....  ;)

After all, it's "owah kulchah" - so you Aussie police - don't you dare show insensitivity.  :angry:

• Like 1

So I have finished my job.

Sjoe. 

It feels unreal.

I am at home packing up our stuff. It feels unreal and sad. It feels like we are leaving everything we moved here for. It feels like we are leaving Australia... Sounds weird I know. But ever since we first decided to move here, it has always been Melbourne. Therefore Melbourne = Australia. Yeah, I know it is BIG country. But that is just my feeling.

When we moved here I had such a good feeling about the school and my son. And that turned out to be validated. He is a new child. I, unfortunately, dont have the same feeling now. The school where we are going now is underfunded and struggles to deal with its special needs kids.... And home school is not an option for us.

I suggested that my OH stays in Melbourne with the kids, and I go and work away in QLD. But that means I will see them one weekend a month at best and probably less realistically. He disagrees with that as option, saying we should stay together and work on visa first and education later. 

PS. Thanks Sunnyskies. I know you found the move away from Melbourne hard as well, but I take comfort that you eventually acclimatised! 

• Like 2

I know moving is a difficult process, and ideally one that is done as little as possible. But keep it at the back of your mind that once you have PR you can move back to Melbourne if you like. I'm sure finding a new job at that stage will suddenly be much easier than what you have had to deal with up to now. Because then you will have PR, without any of the additional strings attached for prospective employers, and you will have 4 years? of Aussie experience. And your financial burdens should also suddenly be much lighter.

Well done on surviving that toxic environment for so long. I hope your new workplace is one where you are appreciated.

• Like 1

Eyebrow, congrats. Good luck with the new adventure. I am not a huge fan of advice but I think the worst thing you can do is live with one foot in Melbourne and one in Armpitsville, QLD. Take the whole family and make the new place home.

• Like 1