ACS assessments

Dedrei

Are u sure that your agent handed it in? It also takes a few days after ACS received it before they acknowledge it. wait... wait... wait some more

It was apparently only sent off on the 28th October after they (the agent) had it for more than a week :) I'm checking my credit card daily to see when the money comes off. If I don't hear something by Wednesday I'm going to be all over the agent like stink on poo!!!

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cramer

• JacquesV

• Stranded

• PieterK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can anyone of you please tell me how long does it take from the date you got the email from ACS stating: "Please be advised that your result letter is about to be posted to you by registered post and the tracking number is .." until your letter arrived? I am trying to track it on the Australia Post website but I get "no details being found for this item". Should I email ACS and ask them?

Can I assume that it is a positive outcome because ACS did not ask me for more info?

a friend of mine received his assessment (positive) a few days after the status was changed on the ACS website to 'with assessor', no email only the registered post number on the ACS website. He to could not track it on the Australian Post website, so I assume that is normal.

I am still waiting for any feedback, my status has been 'in progress' for ever (ok 13 weeks) so now I am stressed !

Also seems to me that the tracking on Aus Post does not work. Hope Aus Post will reply my enquiry.

I don't want to email ACS, but i might change my mind tomorrow.

i have just sent an email enquiry re my case (via the ACS website), so hopefully i will have a response by end of week.

This whole experience is a true test of patience...

Timeline:

25 Aug: received by ACS

2 Sep: email from ACS with application reference nr

22 Oct: date on letter from ACS

24 Oct: letter posted by ACS

27 Oct: email from ACS with tracking nr.

29 Oct: Case finalised

31 Oct: registered letter arrived in Pretoria at Post Office

4 Nov: notice from Post Office

The online enquiry on Aus post website did not give me any info!

If you know that ACS have send your letter, go to the Post Office with your tracking number and ask them.

Ok, my status is now case finalised. Yippee. But I have a problem. We will be leaving to Aus in 2 weeks time. I'm scared that my letter won't arrive in time.

I didn't get an email with a tracking number and i don't see anything on the site. Where did you guys see a tracking number?

Ok, my status is now case finalised. Yippee. But I have a problem. We will be leaving to Aus in 2 weeks time. I'm scared that my letter won't arrive in time.

I didn't get an email with a tracking number and i don't see anything on the site. Where did you guys see a tracking number?

ACS send me an email with the tracking number.

Maybe you will have to give someone permission to collect your registered letter from the Post office or ask ACS to send you another letter to your new address.

How long did it take the ACS to deduct the monies off your account and acknowledge they have received your application? My application was sent off 2 weeks ago tomorrow, via my agent, and still no word to date :ilikeit:

I paid the money in at my local bank, did not trust it to send my credit card numer per post and did not have enough time to open another credit card with a limit on it.

Guys, what courier did you use to send your applications off, how long did it take, and what was the costs involved? If all goes according to plan, I'll be ready to send mine off on 27 November, and I'm anxious to get it there asap and get the wheels rolling.

I paid the money in at my local bank, did not trust it to send my credit card numer per post and did not have enough time to open another credit card with a limit on it.

Ok so my agent FINALLY decides to inform me that it indeed arrived at ACS on the 4th November. I guess it's now just a waiting game as to when they'll deduct the monies and notify me with the details.

Hi Pieter

Courier cost (e.g. DHL) will be around R3000 and will reach the ACS within (+-) 7 days. Registered post through the Post Office will cost you around R300 and will reach the ACS (+-) 14 days after sending it.

Regards

A

Hi Pieter

Courier cost (e.g. DHL) will be around R3000 and will reach the ACS within (+-) 7 days. Registered post through the Post Office will cost you around R300 and will reach the ACS (+-) 14 days after sending it.

Regards

A

Really?! R 3,000-00 to courier a large A4 envelope? That's a bit steeper than I was expecting, but thanks for the info.

Really?! R 3,000-00 to courier a large A4 envelope? That's a bit steeper than I was expecting, but thanks for the info.

Haven't used them, so that is hearsay. Don't keep me to it. I posted mine through good old Post Office.....

Just asked a friend who posted his in Feb 2008, cost him R480 through DHL. So - seems the R3000 is (luckily) not that accurate .....

Edited by Avida

I posted my ACS application from Cape Town via DHL on 1 September 2008. It cost R480.00 and took 3 days door (they did a pickup from my work) to door - arrived 4 September. DHL has an excellent and detailed tracking site - I was able to track each step of the way.

That's great news, thanks guys. Much-o relieved-o, this whole thing is expensive enough without forking out R 3000 for couriers.

Hi guys and gals,

How long after your application was delivered did ACS send you your acknowledgement email with your online details? My application was received by them on the 4th November (according to my agent) and to date no monies has been deducted or email received.

You could also try the kuier koerier section of the forum to see if someone will take it with them when they go, and mailing it on the other side

I sent Mine with the Post Office Registered mail Cost R43.00

3 September 2008 Posted

19 September 2008 In Process

25 Debited Credit Card

It is a lot of money to courier via DHL etc and I dont think it speeds things up. There have been forumites on this thread who have had theirs in 7 weeks and others like Biker who have major hassles and delays, so I think it is different for every applicant.

Currently....Still in process but considering they have been taking about 8 weeks, I should hear something soon.

;) I just got an email from the ACS, via the agent, stating that they acknowledge receipt of my application together with all my login details... :D MAN am I nervous yet excited now!!!

Hello everyone,

I think this topic should get pinned...any ideas how to go about it so someone can do that?

Hubby's sending in ACS in Jan...so is currently busy working on his application.

Hello everyone,

I think this topic should get pinned...any ideas how to go about it so someone can do that?

Hubby's sending in ACS in Jan...so is currently busy working on his application.

It is already 'pinned' via this pinned thread in the Application thread.

All the best with your application!

Edited by Jacques and Natalie

Yippee. Got my positive reply yesterday. Now we can apply for PR but will probably hold on for another 2 weeks.

Hoping to convince the company to sponsor us on ENS.

Our timeline

15 August - posted docs

1 September - docs received in Aus

29 September - changed to "With assessor"

5 November - changed to "Case finalised"

11 November - result letter reached SA Post office.

Edited by Arleneg75

Yippee. Got my positive reply yesterday. Now we can apply for PR but will probably hold on for another 2 weeks.

CONGRATS!!! :ilikeit: You must be relieved!!

Well done Arlene

Mine is still In Process

Edited by The_Cramers