• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cramer

• JacquesV

• Stranded

• PieterK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What are the statuses that it goes through?

We sent my application on 15 August. They sent an acknowledgement on 8 September. From Monday the status is "To be allocated" What does that mean? Is it waiting an officer or is awaiting approval?

Sorry for the stupid question.

Hi Arleneg75,

That normally means that it needs to be given to someone to "review".

Bank on 12 weeks, if it is earlier, Bonus.

What are the statuses that it goes through?

Hi Arleneg,

Change to "In Process" after about 2 weeks, then "with assessor" after about 4 weeks, then Case finilised with a registered post number a week later.

Good luck wiht your application.

Hope you are lucky.

My previous application went straight from "with processor" to "case closed".

They also state clearly that one should strictly not bother them with emails, but I couldn't be bothered. As long as I'm paying, I pay for that right to be a pain in the (*&^.

They also told me no one receive preference, however some people's applications went faster than mine. So what did I do, I complain!

Generally - give them six weeks, after that ........ yip, you got it. Complain!

Hi All,

Got confirmation today that my ACS skills assessment has come back POSITIVE!! It took 5 weeks from confirmation.

Now it's onto our 176 application.

sp4rkman

Biker - I am really hoping my assessment timelines go the way of sp4rkman and not you!! :unsure:

Am finally starting to make headway - I want the skills assessment to try and persaude any sponsoring company to go PR & not temp.

Congrats sp4rkman! How did you do that?

Biker, what went wrong?

Please give us some tips to make it easier for us.

Congrats on the guys who passed.

In short, if you have any degree and not 100% related to your work experience, chances are you cannot use that for your skills assessment application at the ACS. I'm a SAP Financials consultant and my Finance degree does not count towards my application.

I now had to do an RPL application.

If...uuhmm... when I eventually get to OZ, I'm planning on doing contract work again. I still fancy the idea of people paying me (per hour) for services rendered :blink:

Goden,

I don't have a degree and went purely on the certifications i have (MCSE, PRINCE2 and a few others) plus my 10 years working experience, 6 of which in the same company.

I supplied all my certificates, a glowing reference (written by me, but signed by my boss) and also my CV. It was then submitted and i left them to it. Our agent stated it would take up to 12 weeks so i kept looking at the worst scenario instead of trying to pressurise them.

It's PR application waiting time i'm not looking forward to!

Hang in there and the positive repsonse will come through shortly - of that i'm sure!

sp4rkman

You all make me jealous...

My hubby's was RECEIVED: 28 July and then.... somewhere in August it was: IN PROCESS... where it got stuck and is still sticking!!!!

Now I read that it still has to go to another 'station' (something like: with evaluator) BEFORE it is approved...

My hubby not in a hurry.

So we'll just wait... But on Monday it will be EIGHT weeks! It is a pretty-much-straight-forward application: BSC Computer Science degree @ Tuks with 11 years of SAP experience... no issues... but it looks like it is sitting on a desk somewhere...

Do you think it goes quicker if you go through an agent? Maybe they have "contacts" and push it thru? Or is there just a heck of a lot of IT guys leaving?

Ing

I got a reply from ACS on Sept 10 - quoting my reference with login and password.

Went in and status said - received.

Today I logged in and ...low and behold status = No details found for application xxxxxx - please recheck your logon and password and try again

I got a reply from ACS on Sept 10 - quoting my reference with login and password.

Went in and status said - received.

Today I logged in and ...low and behold status = No details found for application xxxxxx - please recheck your logon and password and try again

Did you try again? I had the same messge the other day and clearly made a mistake with one of the numbers - second time I went in...

I don't think my PC make mistake when copy & pasting from the e-mail...

I don't think my PC make mistake when copy & pasting from the e-mail...

Ja, just try again and type it in yourself...

I have a plan. How about I forward you the email from ACS and you can try yourself.

..........I would love to grow my vegetable pad.

So, my RPL has a new status: "Case Finalised".

This apparently means I will receive the answer by registered post in 21 days. By the looks of it, I won't know if I have passed till I get the letter, so am cautiously optimistic ;)

I've had enough of them. Monday morning it is me on the phone.

It took them 2 weeks to acknowledge the receipts of my application which was delivered IN their building. nd only after I asked what happened to it. Then they have the audacity to deduct the money off my account and now my application disappeared alltogether. E-mails also get ignored.

Time to speak to the boss there.

Ok, so Monday morning I phoned the ACS. They tell me, sorry, Vanessa only receive calls up to 13:00 their time.

I went into deep sarcasm mode and with the most apologetic voice and deepest regret I dare ask how I should go about when phoning from SA.

It worked, as I got put through to Vanessa immediately. She told me my application is now due for finalizing this week.

At this point she offered to re-activate my login. I pretended to feel like scum and that I'm so sorry that I even bothered her and it she really doesn't have to go through the trouble of doing all this for me as she has soooooo little precious time.

She went from Frau Rottemeier to lirrel miss sunshine in NO time.