ACS assessments

Dedrei

Thanks guys. Yes, it is a huge relief.

The_Cramers hang in there. Maybe you have another 2 weeks to go since you applied around 2 weeks after me.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cramer

• JacquesV

• Stranded

• PieterK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys. Yes, it is a huge relief.

The_Cramers hang in there. Maybe you have another 2 weeks to go since you applied around 2 weeks after me.

Thanks Every Morning I check.

As some of you guys might know, I applied in March 2008, only to be notified 12 weeks en 21 days later that my application was unsuccessful.

I then had to re-apply in another category, which I did on 25 August 2008 (according to ACS). This only happened after 2 weeks and upon a phone query about my documents which was delivered inside their building (via DHL and R960 later)!

A week later my application disappeared from the online tracking system. Another phone call and some promises, it was back online. Last week the 12 weeks expired and I sent an e-mail. Dear Vanessa is on leave until december. So, this time I got on the phone again with another woman. Promised me by today will have answer, guess what - nothing.

So I found the email of the likes of the CEO etc and send them all an email with a demand for an inquest on my application. As a paying customer I have every right to get some answers now. I am beyond P...-off at this stage and getting up at 05:00 in the morning to phone Sydney just for a fight is not exactly contributing to good start for the day.

I have now zero tolerance or respect for ACS. I'll be gunning them like a WWII Shcuzstruppe.

Ah no man - this is just terrible!

Best of luck with it Biker - you really have had a rough ride ('scuse the pun on your name...)

Leigh

Ah no man - this is just terrible!

Best of luck with it Biker - you really have had a rough ride ('scuse the pun on your name...)

Leigh

Hi Leigh

Sorry to Hijack his post (It's what South Africans do) trying to get in touch with you... check out 'Calling Cape Town' post

Joefromsa

Vat so Flaffie!

Response from the CEO of the ACS after my uitkak emails and phone calls. Anyone else having problems, please use the below.

"Dear Mr

I have investigated your complaint and the situation is that your file, which includes your original application and your RPL application, was taken home by the ICDL Skills Assessment Manager, who works from home one day per week, but is currently on leave. We have retrieved the file and your result letter is being processed now.

The reason that your access to the tracking site was lost was because an inexperienced staff member entered you as a new applicant on receiving your RPL application. You were sent a reference number and password based on that ID but when the mistake was recognised and rectified your reference number reverted back to your original number and you were not advised of this.

I am very disturbed that your application has been mishandled. I realise this has caused you considerable expense and personal anguish and I will be refunding your RPL application fee.

The organisation you should lay any official complaint with is Dept of Immigration & Citizenship, Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre

GPO Box 1638

Adelaide SA 5001

Again, I apologise for the manner in which the ACS has dealt with your application.

Regards

Kim Denham MACS PCP

Chief Executive Officer

Australian Computer Society Inc., National Office

ACS Level 3, 160 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW 2000

PO Box Q534 QVB, Sydney NSW 1230

ph: +61 2 9299 3666 direct: +61 2 8296 4402 fax: +61 2 9299 3997 email: kim.denham@acs.org.au "

Fan-frikking-tastic Biker!!!

AND a refund nogal - brilliant!

Pity he doesn't say whether your result was positive or not... (but I'm sure it is)...

Looking forward to hearing your result,

Leigh

No damnit! I was hoping to get away from this "you only get results once you strip your moer and demand om met die baas te praat" way of thinking! Now it's already followed Biker! I hope it's just a one-off. Anyway, congrats Biker, you must be chuffed that it's finally all been sorted out.

Yippee. Got my positive reply yesterday. Now we can apply for PR but will probably hold on for another 2 weeks.

Hoping to convince the company to sponsor us on ENS.

Our timeline

15 August - posted docs

1 September - docs received in Aus

29 September - changed to "With assessor"

5 November - changed to "Case finalised"

11 November - result letter reached SA Post office.

Ours changed to "in process" on 17 October (they received on 1 September) and on 27 October they required more info. Our agent sent this to them on 11 November but it STILL says awaiting documents!!!! Driving me up the wall!!! We want to lodge our 175 application on 19 December - hopefully the status will change by Friday......

Ours changed to "in process" on 17 October (they received on 1 September) and on 27 October they required more info. Our agent sent this to them on 11 November but it STILL says awaiting documents!!!! Driving me up the wall!!! We want to lodge our 175 application on 19 December - hopefully the status will change by Friday......

Mine was received on the 4th November and still says 'To be allocated'....waiting.....waiting....waiting.................

I think Bikers case was a abnomally for the most of us the process is normal and I also think that ACS are swamped at the moment with applications, you just have to look to this forum to see that there has been an increase in the number of applicants.

Also - they do say upfront that it will take 3 months - and they tend to stick to it...

Good luck with the wait everyone!

I have passed the 3 month mark, so I contacted ACS. The feedback was prompt and polite to say that all is ok and they are expecting a result 'soon' :ilikeit:

I suppose it could be worse, but if i knew 2 weeks to go instead of 'soon' it would make me feel better

Allow me to add my case here as well.

Applied in August 2008, ACS received application on 7 August (according to website) and sent confirmation email on 12 August. Went from "To be allocated" to "With Assessor" etc. Only in the 12th week did it go to "Case finalised". 30 days and 4 emails later I still have no letter. Asked them for the registered post number countless times only to be met with the following reply: "Please wait 21 days"

After 30 days, they now want me to confirm my address so that they can send a copy of the result letter. So I have to wait yet another 21 days and still I don't know if my application is successful or not. Of course the irony is that this is the AUSTRALIAN COMPUTER SOCIETY and they don't even have an online system for you to check your results!!! Damn, I can write a web app for them and have it up and running in a week. I'll even do it for free ;>)

So guys, when you start getting impatient after 6 or 8 weeks, just calm down and wait your 12 weeks as that is how long they know they can take.

Of course the irony is that this is the AUSTRALIAN COMPUTER SOCIETY and they don't even have an online system for you to check your results!!! Damn, I can write a web app for them and have it up and running in a week. I'll even do it for free ;>)

It took 2 days short of 3 months for our letter back in hand. But I also want to know. ACS??????? You can apply online for your visa, but the wonderfull ACS is a paper based system. Would anyone apply to the ACS and not have access to a computer? (My husband wanted to do the same thing for them. Also for free.)

And what would the reason be for not posting your result where you check your status? Even if you still had to wait for the original letter. Do they have some shares in stress relieve medicines?

Only 2 months into waiting for PR, but stressing about the ACS result was worse. Without a positive there, we would not have been able to do PR.

Good luck to all still waiting.

Submitted ACS RPL 1 Sept 08, Received successful assessment on 20 Nov 08. All the while there was no registered PO tracking number quoted in the online status facility. Contacted (phoned) the ACS and they advised that they are experiencing huge delays with SA postal deliveries. Good luck to all those waiting.

Christo

Edited by ChristoJ

Jipeeeee

my status changed to 'case finalised' at last i have some movement. Now stressing that the result is positive :)

lets hope for the best

Submitted ACS RPL 1 Sept 08, Received successful assessment on 20 Nov 08. All the while there was no registered PO tracking number quoted in the online status facility. Contacted (phoned) the ACS and they advised that they are experiencing huge delays with SA postal deliveries. Good luck to all those waiting.

Christo

I also have no tracking number, I suppose just wait for the post man every day from now on....

Jipeeeee

my status changed to 'case finalised' at last i have some movement. Now stressing that the result is positive :o

lets hope for the best

I'm holding thumbs for you bessie!!!! All the best!! :ilikeit:

My status is still in 'To be allocated' since the 4th November :thumbdown:

I also have no tracking number, I suppose just wait for the post man every day from now on....

Hi ,

Our tracking number only appeared 3 days after case finilised. By then I e-mailed ACS and they also replied about same time with tracking number. If it does not appear in a few days, e-mail them for that info. We phoned SA tracking every day until we had letter in hand. I even phoned them 2 times a day when it reached SA , just to make sure they are on track :ilikeit:

Good luck , and holding thums for a positive.

Jacques and Natalie & Maggel

Thanks for the info and the tumb holding ;)

Good idea to phone the local tracking when it is in SA, will do that ;)

ACS received our application on 1 September - three months today. They requested further docs and we sent immediately - they received on 20 November (or the status changed to in process again on 20 November) and stil says in process!! Should we start bugging them? They just wanted two extra letters?.....Not like it is a big document they need to go through etc?.....