Top Posters In This Topic

• Cramer

• JacquesV

• Stranded

• PieterK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stranded,

If you get your number they allocated when you submitted your application, that should be fine. I have noticed in my online 175 application where you have to attach your documents, you can supply that number from ACS, without having the results.

It says "Receipt of skills assessment application" right at the bottom.

If I knew this, I'd already applied in August and not waited this long. The same DOES NOT apply for IELTS though.

So, go on, get the number and join the queue ;-)

Stranded,

when I lodged my 175, I also had the message Biker refers to.

However, having a look at http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-ski...-assessment.htm it mentions that "You must obtain a positive skills assessment before you lodge your application for this visa."

This link is also available through the 175 paper-based checklist. So I would not play with my money if I were you, and first make 100% sure before taking any chances ....

A

I've had it in writing from ACS and also this is in writing from DIAC that you can apply with the proof that you applied for your skills assessment.

It is after all everyone's own choice how they want to do this, but me, I'd go for it as I have the proof in writing that it is allowed.

More so why I'm pitching this specifically towards Stranded, as per previous post, they need to have this done before end of January due to age/cut-off date.

Thank you to all of you for all the advice!

Cramer, so glad you got your Christmas wish, Congrats a million times! :ilikeit:

We did our IELTS in May'08, even did the Police clearance now in middle Dec, so just awaiting ACS ..... in order to lodge.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Just thought I would give you an update.

ACS status still says Received 29 Sep'08 and "In Process"

At least our agent is back from leave, so now we can track it on the web.(for those of you that haven’t followed this post. Our agent went on leave and never gave us the log on for us to follow the progress on the application via the web)

We now have 10 calendar days left to lodge (Age restriction, deadline 30 Jan)

Our Agent apparently contacted ACS

and they apparently understand our crisis,

and apparently they will e-mail us the feedback,

apparently still in this week.

(Really need a Emoticon that Pray, I have needed it at least 4 times up to now...)

So please if you have a spare space in your prayers, remember us please.

Will keep you up to speed.

Stranded

So please if you have a spare space in your prayers, remember us please.

All the best!! We're thinking of you!

We now have 10 calendar days left to lodge (Age restriction, deadline 30 Jan)

Holding Double Thumbs for you!

Be Aware that Oz are a day ahead of us so when I lodged on 1 Jan 2009, my app status indicates that I lodged 2 Jan 2009.

Edited by Cramer

Hi Stranded,

Hope it all works out...

NB: your visa lodgement will be done in Aust time (+9hrs) so make sure you do it within the correct time frame.

meaning if you have to lodge by 31 Jan, do it a few hours before 15h00 31 Jan SA time, as it will 1 Feb in Aust.

Holy .... Smoly

Thanks for the heads up Cramer, completely missed that one...

Great now down to 9 days.... :)

Stranded (Still need the prayer Emoticon!)

Sorry stranded I dont mean to be the bearer of bad news but I am still holding double thumbs for you. I know in the online application you need to have the Assessment.

It takes a while to go through the online application so I would say start the application and save it. Complete all the sections you can and save just dont complete the final submission step, it will save you a lot of rushing at the end When your assessment comes through.

YEEEEEEEHAAAAAA!!!!!!!

My status has changed to 'With assessor' today!!! :)

I just hope it's a positive result!!! :)

Jacques and Natalie

We will be thinking of you, keep us up to speed.

Can just imagine how excited you must be :unsure:

Stranded

Thanks Stranded,

Any word on your assessment yet?

Hi All

Still on "In Process" status

7 Calendar days till deadline (Age cut off)

OR

5 Working days till deadline (Age cut off)

We are completely stressed beyond stressed. Currently sleeping between 17h00-22h00 daily, in order to stay logged onto ACS site from 24h00 checking hourly.

Did not stress this much on my Matric results, Varsity results, Wedding day or even for the IELTS. :rolleyes: (And I thought waiting for the IELTS was the most stressful!!)

Jacques and Natalie send some of thoses positive vibes :unsure:

Will keep you all up to date on the count down...

Stranded

Hi All

Still on "In Process" status

7 Calendar days till deadline (Age cut off)

OR

5 Working days till deadline (Age cut off)

We are completely stressed beyond stressed. Currently sleeping between 17h00-22h00 daily, in order to stay logged onto ACS site from 24h00 checking hourly.

Did not stress this much on my Matric results, Varsity results, Wedding day or even for the IELTS. :ilikeit: (And I thought waiting for the IELTS was the most stressful!!)

Jacques and Natalie send some of thoses positive vibes :ilikeit:

Will keep you all up to date on the count down...

Stranded

Can you not contact them and let them know of your predicament, because even once the case is finalised it is a 10 day wait for the letter as the results are not released online. If I was in your shoes I would be on the phone begging.

Wade

Stranded

Is it too late to sign up with an agent at this point? At least that way the results get posted to the agent in Australia, and the agent can scan the letter for you and e-mail it to you. You only need the scan to apply online.

Stranded

Is it too late to sign up with an agent at this point? At least that way the results get posted to the agent in Australia, and the agent can scan the letter for you and e-mail it to you. You only need the scan to apply online.

It's to late for that as the ACS application form needs to contain the postal details of where you want the letter to be sent. If I remember correctly I also had to sign an additional page stating that I give my agent permission to handle all correspondence, with ACS, on my behalf.

If I was you I'd put some serious pressure on your agent to contact them and make your concerns and timelines known! Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Hi Stranded,

Am holding thumbs!!! Please let us know if you hear anything!!

Ok, now for a stupid question, when you apply online for ACS, do you need to submit a paper application form when you courier your certified documents? Just want to make 100% sure...don't want to send application form and then they get confused as we already applied online.

Oooh this is stressful...and haven't even sent it away yet!! :blink:

Thanks guys! :)

The online ACS application is very new, it didn't even exist beginning December when I applied, but I have heard rumours that a lot of the online features still have quite a few bugs in them.

Hi Stranded,

Am holding thumbs!!! Please let us know if you hear anything!!

Ok, now for a stupid question, when you apply online for ACS, do you need to submit a paper application form when you courier your certified documents? Just want to make 100% sure...don't want to send application form and then they get confused as we already applied online.

Oooh this is stressful...and haven't even sent it away yet!! :)

Thanks guys! :)

Hello Michele,

If you make an online ACS application then you do not need to complete and send a paperbased application with your certified documents.

Hello Stranded,

I'm unclear from your posts whether you are with an agent or not? If you are using an agent then I would be on the phone to them ASAP and asking them to contact the ACS.

If you are not using an agent then I suggest you get on the phone to the ACS on Tuesday morning Aus time (Monday is a public holiday - Australia day!) I'm sure you have the number but here it is anyway: +61 2 9299 3666

If you get really stuck after Tuesday call my Cape Town office (on my website www.migrateaus.com.au and leave your landline number - I'll give you a call and we can make a plan.

Thanks for the info!

PeterK, seems like the bugs have been sorted out (yay!), the application process went fine and we got the ref number immediately...so appears to be working on our side...just hope it's working on theirs!!!! :ilikeit: