ACS assessments

Dedrei

ACS debited my Credit Card on 25 September 2008, to date I have no communiction from them that, I know its only 2 weeks and I am being impatient. But what is the norm before they notify you that they have started?

Wade

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cramer

• JacquesV

• Stranded

• PieterK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got notification the day that they debited my CC.

I have a question for those who applied to ACS with a B.Sc degree.

I noticed that my degree certificate doesn't actually mention my major subjects and even the academic transcripts just have a list of all the courses and marks but nowhere does it say that I majored in Computer Science.

The courses are things like 'Formal Language', 'Artificial Intelligence' etc.

Do you think I should have asked for the major subjects to be mentioned or do the people at ACS know enough to figure out what the major subjects are?

I am 10 Modules away from my Bsc with Unisa, I sent them a transcript with my completed modules but I was informed by a third party consultant that without those last 10 modules my Bsc is worthless.

I got notification the day that they debited my CC.

I have a question for those who applied to ACS with a B.Sc degree.

I noticed that my degree certificate doesn't actually mention my major subjects and even the academic transcripts just have a list of all the courses and marks but nowhere does it say that I majored in Computer Science.

The courses are things like 'Formal Language', 'Artificial Intelligence' etc.

Do you think I should have asked for the major subjects to be mentioned or do the people at ACS know enough to figure out what the major subjects are?

I have not had a single email from them, I only know they received my application because they debited my CC. Lets see what tommorrow brings. Maybe a positive asessment.

ACS Assessment In process, Now we are getting somewhere

All the best. Holding thumbs for you!!! I lodge on Monday (the nerves ;) )

My husband's RPL was received on 1 Septembe and they are still in process......

All the best in that regard! I'm sure glad I didn't have to go that route! I can only imagine how tough it must have been to collate all the documentation!

HI there.

My application also received 1 September 08. Status in progress till this morning. Now "Case finalised"! No registered PO tracking number provided but the status say that I could wait up to 21 days to receive the letter. "THE NERVES SHE IS NOW BROKEN -EISH JA!!!".

Anybody with a similar experience please let me know what the process is from here regarding atracking number etc.

Much appreciated.

Christo J.

Hi Christo,

My application also never had a tracking number when it moved to case finalised. My agent received my letter in the post, here in SA, about 10 days after the case was finalised. It was the longest 10 days of my life! Good Luck!! Keep us posted...

Lady Roux

HI there.

My application also received 1 September 08. Status in progress till this morning. Now "Case finalised"! No registered PO tracking number provided but the status say that I could wait up to 21 days to receive the letter. "THE NERVES SHE IS NOW BROKEN -EISH JA!!!".

Anybody with a similar experience please let me know what the process is from here regarding atracking number etc.

Much appreciated.

Christo J.

No such luck here! Still in progress this morning..... Who was your case officer?

How long does it take to get your letter from ACS after the status changed to: "With assessor" Please allow up to 10 days if living in Australia or 21 days for overseas for your result letter to arrive?

Does ACS send it with regestered post?

Received feedback today - the assesor at ACS wants additional info - one of which we did lodge with our application? The other is an amended letter from my husband's previous employer as he was on contract only and they don't have full records of his working history with them! Did anyone go the affidavit route and was is successfull??

Christo J.

Question:

So does that mean they dont advise you of the outcome via e-mail just in their letter?

I think so. They just say the letter is nearly on its way in the email.

And if they did not ask for additional info - can i take it that all is ok?

How long does it take for the letter to arrive?

My status also now says 'With assessor' but there is a note that the letter could take up to 21 days if living overseas.

Does that mean the letter is on its way? I thought it must say 'Case finalised' before that could happen.

I'm confused.

The other problem is that we are leaving SA on 20 November which is roughly around that 21 day mark. So, I was thinking that I should change the address that the letter should be posted. Now, if they posted it already it might be too late. Can someone else pick up a registered letter for me?

Can someone tell us how long we have to wait for the letter to arrive?

Might be difficult to persuade the postoffice that someone else may pick up your registered letter ..(?)

Can anyone of you please tell me how long does it take from the date you got the email from ACS stating: "Please be advised that your result letter is about to be posted to you by registered post and the tracking number is .." until your letter arrived? I am trying to track it on the Australia Post website but I get "no details being found for this item". Should I email ACS and ask them?

Can I assume that it is a positive outcome because ACS did not ask me for more info?

Godan,

My timeline :

16 June - Assessment Acknowledged

30 June - Request more information

21 August - With Assesor

28 August - Case Finalised

31 August - Letter Recieved date 21 August

Lady Roux

P.S - My opinion: don't assume anything.

Aaa thanks for the answer Lady Roux, so there is someone out there, im not alone.

3 months for the assessment and the letter takes more than 21 days to arrive ... ah no!

I'm still waiting for confirmation that they received all the docs.

Are u sure that your agent handed it in? It also takes a few days after ACS received it before they acknowledge it. wait... wait... wait some more