ACS assessments

Dedrei

Hi Maggel,

Our status also changed to with assessor middle last week and we have also chewed our nails down to the bone. Please let me know if you have recieved your letter yet?

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cramer

• JacquesV

• Stranded

• PieterK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi ,

No letter yet, but on Monday it showed a registered post number, and today the status changed to Case finalised.

I phoned SA Tracking and our letter is not yet in SA. Will keep phoning every day, until we have the letter in hand :ilikeit:

Will let you know progress.

Maggel

Thank You,

It seems as though there is no specific rule as to how it works, as it looks like some people received their letters without the status changing again like yours did.

Good luck and let us know what happens please!

Under which ACS classification did you apply for recognition?

How long do they take to acknowledge your application?

I posted my application on 15/8/2008 via registered mail. I phoned the post office with the tracking number and they said that it left SA on 20/8/2008 but further than that they can't give me any info.

So far no acknowledgement from them and the money is not taken from my credit card yet.

So, how long do I wait before I assume that its lost?

Hi Arleneg75,

It took quite a while before we got aknowledgement - approximetly 3-4 weeks. I wouldn't worry yet, give them another week or two. I recieved my positive skills assessment today in the post and it took the full 3 months for the assessment to be complete.

Good Luck!!

Lady Roux

Congratulations, Lady Roux!! :ilikeit:

And hang in there Arleneg75. Sure you'll get confirmation soon ..... :holy:

A

I did not go the RPL route which I was very nervous about as I don't have a degree but I have a diploma in Information Technology from Pretoria Technikon which they have accepted.

Which route have you taken?

Congrats , Lady Roux.

We are so frustrated. Our status changed the same time as yours, but our letter is still in costums at JHB airport when I phoned this morning.

It went through Australia customs last week and Wednesday already.

We hoped to get it before the weekend, we write IELTS this Saturday, and a positive assessment would really have made us positive. Now it does not look possible.

My husband has a MCSE , but we also did RPL as well, as his experience is in Databases, and has nothing to do with MCSE anymore.

But you never know until you have that letter confirming positive.

Glad your one stress is over.

Good luck with the rest of the process.

Maggel

My husband has a MCSE , but we also did RPL as well, as his experience is in Databases, and has nothing to do with MCSE anymore.

Did you go via an agent?

As I didn't do an RPL, have an MCSE and applied as an Oracle DBA.

Which I got a postive result on.

All the best,

Cheers

Thanks to all for the good wishes.

Btisbitis : 2231-11 - Systems Manager.

Maggel : My letter didn't go via registered post, just the normal post. Maybe it's a good sign if they are more worried about your letter getting lost than they were with mine... :-) Good luck, please let us know when you get it eventually.

Did you go via an agent?

No, we did it on our own, but with the help of rplhelp website. We just wanted to be as sure as we could be. We did not mind if they just chucked the RPL and worked on the MCSE, as long as we can get a + .

Most people with MCSE need not do a RPL, but I have once read about a guy that had to do a RPL afterwards, and we were not willing to take that chance.

But hearing about others with MCSE getting the + is always encouraging.

And if we just dissapear, we did not get the + :)

JOke, we will then just try for sponsorship. But will let you all know.

I have a B.Sc Honours degree with Computer Science so I just applied with reference letters for the last 4-5 years.

I included all the transcipts, certificates and translations. Hope they approve it soon.

It would be great to apply for PR before we leave on our 457.

Yes, we went through an agent. As I had a diploma and not a degree we were to scared to waist time and money doing it on our own. Using an agent gave us a sense of security in knowing that we had someone helping us who knew more than us. We have no regrets in using an agent, ours is extremely helpful and approachable.

Arleneg75 : Do you already have your 457? If so, where did you advertise yourself and send your cv to? I want to start advertising myself asap but not sure of anywhere else other than careerone.com.au and seek.com.au

We have a possitive :D:):ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

Suitable for migration under 2231-79 .

Thanks for all the support everyone.

Maggel,

Firstly - Congrats on a positive result from the ACS!

Do you mind if i ask how long it took for the ACS to come back with a positive result? Mine has been in for 6 weeks (since confirmation) and we're still waiting. Our agent advised it can take up to 12 weeks though. I'm off on a LSD trip in 2 weeks time and was hoping to have the result before i left - guess it's out of my hands though.

sp4rkman

Timeline for ACS

Posted 6/6/2008

Confirm Received 27/6/2008

In Process 16/7/2008

With Assessor 19/8/2008

Case Finilised 26/8/2008

Recieved Letter 4/9/2008

From Recieved to with assessor about 7 weeks, I know people say that when it says With assessor, they are finished, but we only got our Registered post number when it changed to Case Finilised.

Good luck , and I am sure it should be any day now.

Maggel

Lady Roux, I also applied to jobs on seek and careerone. But in the end I got a job through a company that someone advertised on the forum. I sent my cv directly to them and followed it up by a phone call.

Other people tried with them recently and apparently were told there are no more positions available.

I don't have the 457 yet, still waiting.

When I sent in my first ACS - I send it via normal mail and within 2 weeks had it received and money deducted.

Second time round I send it via DHL, was delivered to their door in 3 days, and 2 weeks later I have yet to receive a notification that they even received it.

I'm getting really (*&^%$ off. Time for a few phone calls, for my $450 I demand some service now!

ACS emailed me a week after they received mine, i also send it via Postnet DHL. That was about 2 weeks ago. Did you send it to Clarence str Sydney.

i got confirmation that my application was received exactly 6 weeks ago and i'm still waiting. My agent said it can take up to 12 weeks though.

Okay - so we shouldn't feel bad.

Can't remember WHEN we sent my hubbies away. Did it via POSKANTOOR - registered mail. It was received 28 July and feels like forever: IN PROCESS.... so we should just sit & wait - I guess.... it is the beginning of the process; but hey: guess there is still a lot of waiting ahead of us!

xx

Ing

Well, 2 weeks and 2 days after delivering it INSIDE their offices, I finally got the 'received' status.

I don't give a $%^&* any more, I'm going to complain every single step of the way. I'm going to time them now. I am after all the paying customer.