• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cramer

• JacquesV

• Stranded

• PieterK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Patience is a virtue, but she isn't working for me yet.

I think I've been sent back to earth with the sole purpose of having my patience tested. Maybe some heavenly creature is doing a PhD on Patience and the Human Race - a sure path to hell.

Hi all, I have been browsing more than positing but I received a positive assessment from ACS!

ACS received the docs on the 20th June, but on the 25th July I received an e-mail indicating that they required further information, which they listed. However this was incorrect as they did receive everything. :ilikeit:

Received feedback from them that it was the wrong requestand confirmed that no further documentation was provided. Then came the next interesting response, I had to provdie proof of my Microsoft certs by using the following link: https://mcp.microsoft.com/authenticate/login.aspx. No worries I thought as I had already given them my original certs. When I checked on the MS website, my certs were not updated going back a number of years. Contacted MS in Europe to resolve who initailly told me I was not certified. :blink: Sent them my certs and they came back a few days later apologising and told me they had updated my details.. Received a response back from ACS on the 1 August to say my skills assessment has been APPROVED!! :ilikeit:

Now for the VISA app which is being lodged this week!!

Patience is a virtue, but she isn't working for me yet.

I think I've been sent back to earth with the sole purpose of having my patience tested. Maybe some heavenly creature is doing a PhD on Patience and the Human Race - a sure path to hell.

a PhD in Patience would probally get a quicker assessment LOL

After more fighting I can now see this at least:

Date Received 25-August-2008

Event Type Skills Assessment

Status In process

Managed By Rhiannon Burkett

Registered Post No

Bazza, interesting that they can use MS site to check certifications, but they are oblivious to the same for SAP, which also is international.

I hate to ask about Novell and Cisco etc....

Maybe they have not heard of it (MODL or not)

Billabong, when was the documents received? Mine was received 1 September and the status is still : to be allocated.

Hi all, I have been browsing more than positing but I received a positive assessment from ACS!

ACS received the docs on the 20th June, but on the 25th July I received an e-mail indicating that they required further information, which they listed. However this was incorrect as they did receive everything. :holy:

Received feedback from them that it was the wrong requestand confirmed that no further documentation was provided. Then came the next interesting response, I had to provdie proof of my Microsoft certs by using the following link: https://mcp.microsoft.com/authenticate/login.aspx. No worries I thought as I had already given them my original certs. When I checked on the MS website, my certs were not updated going back a number of years. Contacted MS in Europe to resolve who initailly told me I was not certified. :blink: Sent them my certs and they came back a few days later apologising and told me they had updated my details.. Received a response back from ACS on the 1 August to say my skills assessment has been APPROVED!! :ilikeit:

Now for the VISA app which is being lodged this week!!

Hi Bazza,

Could you possibly forward me the MS contact you dealt with? I can get to my MCSD.Net details with the link you provided but my MSCE (completed 1998) details are non existant...login details don't work.

In saying that I'm not that stressed about the MCSE as I'm applying for C# accreditation but would still like the MCSE to reflect online.

Thanks

Jacques

Hi Bazza

I know we have discussed this already - but I can't remember - did you do the regular skills assessment or the RPL through ACS?

Thanks,

Leigh

PS _ congratulations!! :holy:

Hi Jacques

I don't know if it matters but I e-mailed ACS to find out what vendor certs are recognized as Group B, & they stated MCSE only obtained after 1999. I don't know it that means that MS only started publishing transcripts online after 1999.

Biker, I don't know about Novell, but they don't mention Cisco at all (absoluetely pathetic if you ask me), which is why I'm now doing my MCSE just to go Group B rather than RPL.

From what I've heard ACS doesn't pick certs to recognize, it's up to the vendor to contact them & prove their certs' worth.

Hi Jacques

I don't know if it matters but I e-mailed ACS to find out what vendor certs are recognized as Group B, & they stated MCSE only obtained after 1999. I don't know it that means that MS only started publishing transcripts online after 1999.

Biker, I don't know about Novell, but they don't mention Cisco at all (absoluetely pathetic if you ask me), which is why I'm now doing my MCSE just to go Group B rather than RPL.

From what I've heard ACS doesn't pick certs to recognize, it's up to the vendor to contact them & prove their certs' worth.

Thanks Pieter,

I'm not too stressed about the MSCE as I have an IT Dipl + MSCD.Net. Would just have been nice for it to be recognized as well. I'll add it to the application as an after thought...maybe it counts for something.

For those who have done MCSE, MCSD's did you have to copy the content pages of your books and add that to the application? I'm not sure if I should do that as well. I have the transcripts plus the online link to transcripts and diploma's.

After more fighting I can now see this at least:

Date Received 25-August-2008

Event Type Skills Assessment

Status In process

Managed By Rhiannon Burkett

Registered Post No

Bazza, interesting that they can use MS site to check certifications, but they are oblivious to the same for SAP, which also is international.

I hate to ask about Novell and Cisco etc....

Maybe they have not heard of it (MODL or not)

Biker. I am also Novell & Cisco certified, but there was no request to be directed to a vendors URL to check authenticity of the Certifications. Possibly vendors such as Novell & Cisco do not have these sites [i did try to make enquiries with Cisco but to no avail]. Also all copies of the certifications given to them were certified colour copies as well.. The same person managed my ACS assessment!

Hi Bazza,

Could you possibly forward me the MS contact you dealt with? I can get to my MCSD.Net details with the link you provided but my MSCE (completed 1998) details are non existant...login details don't work.

In saying that I'm not that stressed about the MCSE as I'm applying for C# accreditation but would still like the MCSE to reflect online.

Thanks

Jacques

Jacque, I am currently giving training at present but when I get a chance will have a look for it. I did find the number from the MS website, which was either a toll-free or sharecall number, that is redirected to MS Europe. My MCSE was also completed in 1998, but those were the details that were missing from my transcript..

Cheers ...Bazza

Edited by Bazza

Hi Bazza

I know we have discussed this already - but I can't remember - did you do the regular skills assessment or the RPL through ACS?

Thanks,

Leigh

PS _ congratulations!! ;)

Howzit Leigh, thaks for the congrats, a huge weight off my shoulders for my family and myself!!!

Had to go the RPL route the ACS. Took a fair bit of time, reason being my agent sent back my completed docs indicating there was not enough detail. Once I gave the 2nd draft, had no queries from ACS at all! Tried to use a few technical diagrams in the RPL's as well and especially for the CBOK component..

Hope you are keeping well!

Cheers ...Bazza

Thanks Bazza.

I remember asking you about it before (at Kerry's) - and I thought it odd that although you had a Microsoft cert, they still wanted more info from you.

So - I assume my boyfriend could go under group B, with his Microsoft cert? Then if they ask for more info, it would then land up going under the RPL banner? Or should he just go straight for the RPL route?

Leigh

Thanks Bazza.

I remember asking you about it before (at Kerry's) - and I thought it odd that although you had a Microsoft cert, they still wanted more info from you.

So - I assume my boyfriend could go under group B, with his Microsoft cert? Then if they ask for more info, it would then land up going under the RPL banner? Or should he just go straight for the RPL route?

Leigh

Hi Leigh, one of the reasons i went the RPL route is that i wasnt dead sure whether they would allow my Microsoft certifications, as it was completed in 1996. I decided to start the RPL process, due to the length of time it takes one to complete. I also heard about the Group B option, but could not really obtain proof that it would be allowed. Your bf could always just go with the Group B option, just bear in mind that if they do want more info, it can take a wee while to complete, especially if you dont have all the info at your fingertips..

Cheers ...Bazza

Thanks Pieter,

I'm not too stressed about the MSCE as I have an IT Dipl + MSCD.Net. Would just have been nice for it to be recognized as well. I'll add it to the application as an after thought...maybe it counts for something.

For those who have done MCSE, MCSD's did you have to copy the content pages of your books and add that to the application? I'm not sure if I should do that as well. I have the transcripts plus the online link to transcripts and diploma's.

HI Jacque, sorry for the delay it just been a bit hectic at work...

I sent an e-mail to the following address: emeamcp@msdirectservices.com explaining the problem I was faced with. I sent them a colour copy of my original MCSE certficates. In the e-mail I also explained that i was applying for a Permament Visa in Australia and that the Australian Computer Society was currently evaluating my application and that i only had so many days to respond, before they disregarded my apparent certs.

I received a retrun e-mail on the same day, indicating that contact number to use 0800995641 as well as a reference ID. It took a few days to resolve, but they personally contacted me on my cell phone from Europe to inform me they had rectified the mistake.

I hope you receive similar assistance...

Cheers ...Bazza

Hi Bazza,

Thanks for the reply. I've managed to find the email address you listed above and contacted them 2 days ago. They're sent me a mail requesting more info which I replied to. Hopefully they can sort this out for me as well.

Thanks once again.

Ciao ciao

J

Hi Bazza,

Thanks for the reply. I've managed to find the email address you listed above and contacted them 2 days ago. They're sent me a mail requesting more info which I replied to. Hopefully they can sort this out for me as well.

Thanks once again.

Ciao ciao

J

They seem to be quite jacked up, so quite sure they will be able to sort you out fairly soon! At least when you submit to ACS you already have the info they want..

Cheers..

I my mind 6 weeks has now passed since my application acknowledged (25 Aug: 2 Weeks after delivered inside their office).

SO now I'm getting really irritated. Time for a phone call (02 9299 3666) to Dear Vanessa again :lol:

I my mind 6 weeks has now passed since my application acknowledged (25 Aug: 2 Weeks after delivered inside their office).

SO now I'm getting really irritated. Time for a phone call (02 9299 3666) to Dear Vanessa again :lol:

There's not a lot of point in chasing Vanessa. She does not assess your case and have no influence in speeding up your application's processing.

Average time is about 10 weeks. The ACS have just come out of a peak period, so if your application was prepared properly, you can hope to get a result in about 8 to 10 weeks excluding transit time for the result to be posted to you.

Regards

Peter

Registered Migration Agent, Sydney NSW

Guest Clickmonkey

We applied on 21 Jun 2008 and got an answer on 18 Aug 2008. 2 months. So yours should be about 25 October.

I read somewhere that you should try not to cantact them, as it may delay the process. Did you get the login for the ACS website. It has the status of the application on there.

Edited by Clickmonkey