ACS assessments

Dedrei

Allow me to add my case here as well.

Applied in August 2008, ACS received application on 7 August (according to website) and sent confirmation email on 12 August. Went from "To be allocated" to "With Assessor" etc. Only in the 12th week did it go to "Case finalised". 30 days and 4 emails later I still have no letter. Asked them for the registered post number countless times only to be met with the following reply: "Please wait 21 days"

After 30 days, they now want me to confirm my address so that they can send a copy of the result letter. So I have to wait yet another 21 days and still I don't know if my application is successful or not. Of course the irony is that this is the AUSTRALIAN COMPUTER SOCIETY and they don't even have an online system for you to check your results!!! Damn, I can write a web app for them and have it up and running in a week. I'll even do it for free ;>)

So guys, when you start getting impatient after 6 or 8 weeks, just calm down and wait your 12 weeks as that is how long they know they can take.

Followup: I received my letter today and my assessment is positive :rolleyes: This is now after I had to resend my physical address to ACS. They must have seriously messed up with the previous post as this time it only took a week for the letter to arrive.

Anyway, I'm just happy this part is over. At least now I can apply for the 175. Funny though that I should receive this today as we are flying out to Melbourne (doing Sydney, Brisbane and Gold Coast as well) tomorrow for 3 weeks. So, best I get to it tonight else I'll loose another month :lol:

Cheers

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cramer

• JacquesV

• Stranded

• PieterK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PAAAAAATY time :boxing: :boxing: congrats Triple-S!!!!!!!! :unsure::whome:

Fantastic :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

I have given up I'm afraid - banking on the 457's to get us over there. I just can't gather the strength for an RPL......

Fantastic :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

I have given up I'm afraid - banking on the 457's to get us over there. I just can't gather the strength for an RPL......

Handed mine in at the beginning of September. Hoping for my positive result soon.

Don't give up. Have a friend who finished the whole RPL saga in 2 weeks, and submitted. Also waiting for the results now .....

It can be done!!!!

CT Family - don't give up!!! many people have to do the RPL route and passed.

I know it's easier said than done - but it can be done. Just ask for advice here.

Maybe start a new RPL advice/help thread where people can post advice and tips or share info with you. The forumites will see you through it!!!!!!!

Am I wrong guys???? :ilikeit:

Edited by Leigh MC

The forumites will see you through it!!!!!!!

Am I wrong guys???? :blink:

Nope Leigh, not wrong at all!

A lot of us have been trough this. And with the help of fellow-forumites, examples from the Internet, colleagues & the library, we all got through! That's why I am saying - it can be done. And it's not necessarily that much work. I'm a firm believer that we complicate our lives unnecessarily.

My RPL was 120 pages long. And I'm pretty sure Rhiannon & Pepa got bored after page 3. So was it worth it??????? For my nerves, maybe yes! But I don't think in the long run mine did any better than anyoe submitting a 50 pager, with all the info included.

Give it a shot! We're all here for you. We'll assist wherever we can!

A

My RPL was 120 pages long. And I'm pretty sure Rhiannon & Pepa got bored after page 3. So was it worth it??????? For my nerves, maybe yes! But I don't think in the long run mine did any better than anyoe submitting a 50 pager, with all the info included.

Wow, that's longer than the two longest RPLs any of my clients have done put together :-)

A bit of trivia for you - the case managers aren't the assessors. I do note from my experience is that an overly long RPL form may cause delays with processing; it's about quality rather than quantity. However, if your RPL form followed the guidelines, then you should have no issues.

Good luck!

Regards

Peter

Registered Migration Agent, Sydney NSW

http://ptlabs.com.au/

Mine just changed to 'In Process' today :ilikeit:

Followup: I received my letter today and my assessment is positive :ilikeit: This is now after I had to resend my physical address to ACS. They must have seriously messed up with the previous post as this time it only took a week for the letter to arrive.

Anyway, I'm just happy this part is over. At least now I can apply for the 175. Funny though that I should receive this today as we are flying out to Melbourne (doing Sydney, Brisbane and Gold Coast as well) tomorrow for 3 weeks. So, best I get to it tonight else I'll loose another month :ilikeit:

Cheers

Another update, guys (and girls):

=====================

First, thanks for all the congrats - really means a lot. The assessor only replied to my relentless attempts on getting a tracking number for the second post on 4 December stating that the letter will be mailed the following day! (got a tracking number this time...)

So, the letter I received on 1 December must have been the original - right address and all. The letter states that the positive assessment was issued on 22 October 2008. I guess there must be huge delays in getting the mail to S.A. either on the Aussies' side or ours. Go figure.

Did anyone here also experience such a huge delay?

PS: I'm chatting to you guys from sunny Melbourne at the moment (I'm on a holiday/LSD trip) and I'm absolutely loving it - 32 degrees today. WOW! This place and it's people are incredible. Guys, believe me when I say: IT IS ALL WORTH IT!

Mine just changed to 'In Process' today :ilikeit:

Dont Hold your breath in anticipation, mine has been 'In Process' For the last 10 weeks. My morning ritual is to check for a change.

Wow, that's longer than the two longest RPLs any of my clients have done put together :-)

Hey Peter - Dunno if that's a good thing, or bad!

It contained info on my 3 year Computer Systems Diploma, my Business Certificate, all (mostly MS) courses done afterward, a copy of each of the courses/certificates mentioned, lots of reference letters (two pages each, because of the extensive company letterhead), CV, other ID info and about 3 pages on each of the 14 CBOKs and 2 Project Reports.

Maybe I could've applied on the grounds of my Diploma alone, but I didn't want to take the chance. I mapped all CBOK topics to my Diploma, as it was relevant and covered almost everything. Wherever I felt additional training would be worth mentioning, I added what I could. I concentrated a lot on relevant work experience, as that seemed more important ...

Will add my timeline as soon as I have full info.

A

Status Changed Today to "With Assessor" and they gave me a registered mail number. 11 Weeks.

Status Changed Today to "With Assessor" and they gave me a registered mail number. 11 Weeks.

WooooooooHoooooooo :blink::oops: Min dae!!! I'm excited for you!!

WooooooooHoooooooo :blink::oops: Min dae!!! I'm excited for you!!

Thanks I'm Excited for me and Nervous

No man!!! Why is my husband's taking so long?????!!!!!

Have you tried to contact them?

Have you tried to contact them?

I would say if its been more than 12 weeks then contact them. Look back in the posts here Biker had a similar problem and got it sorted out quickly.

Our agents contacted them - they replied by saying they are still considering his application and will have an outcome soon....I don't know. Maybe we should phone them ourselves. Monday its 15 weeks!!

We are still waiting for our Ielts results but I would like everything to come in together! Didn't think we would wait for the assesment?....

Thanks for the support guys, I'll haul it out again this evening and take another look :)

I think I just need to put in a concerted effort and get it OVER with.

T