• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cramer

• JacquesV

• Stranded

• PieterK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How Long does the Application sit in 'With Assessor' status. A registered mail no has been allocated.

I e-mailed a them on Friday to ask why it's 15 weeks today and still nothing. They replied by saying that because they requested extra docs it will take longer. So, I have now made peace with the fact that they will just go on leave now, leave the application and maybe start working on it again beginning of Jan. So IF we're lucky we'll get it by end Jan.......and it BETTER be positive. I honestly don't know what I'll do if it's not. But it really should be, my husband has everything he should have.....I hope.... This waiting is killing me!!!!!!!!!! What am I going to do with the actual application????!!!! I can't even handle this. I now just want my application lodged that's all. Still waiting for the IELTS also.....waiting waiting waiting.....

Hi All

Hubbies RPL was received in Sydney 26 Sep'08, NOTHING as yet :lol: , all they say is that they have a BIG backlog!!

Due to age restriction we need to lodge for our visa before 31 Jan'09, MY NERVES!!! (Sorry, no emoticon that bites it's nails!)

So sympathy to all of you out there aswell! :lol:

STRANDED

Oh shoot!! Good luck. I'm sure you will get it in time. Can't you lodge with you assesment number so long? And then just send the assesment once you receive it?.....not sure....

Hi All

Hubbies RPL was received in Sydney 26 Sep'08, NOTHING as yet :lol: , all they say is that they have a BIG backlog!!

Due to age restriction we need to lodge for our visa before 31 Jan'09, MY NERVES!!! (Sorry, no emoticon that bites it's nails!)

So sympathy to all of you out there aswell! :hug:

STRANDED

I am sure you will get it before then, Mine was received 19 September and Changed status last week so I am holding thumbs for you.

Edited by Cramer

Hi All

Hubbies RPL was received in Sydney 26 Sep'08, NOTHING as yet :cry: , all they say is that they have a BIG backlog!!

So sympathy to all of you out there aswell! :huh:

STRANDED

Oh heck!!! Holding thumbs that they sort themselves out this month - hopefully they will have some people working over the Christmas period if they have a backlog??

No holding thumbs emoticon either........so I'll send you a hug ;)

Thank you all, will let you know (In BIG Bold letters) if we get any news! :ph34r:

Billabong, any news from your side!

I think we should start our own AAA Support group, we will call it ACS Support Group. :ph34r:

Who can bring the Whisky/Mampoer/Anything REAL strong? :blush:

Stranded :ph34r:

Hi Cramer

You sooooo fortunate :blush: , does it say status-wise if accepted or not?

Where do you check? We made use of our agent to send it away.... Can just image how dumb this reply sound!!!

Congrats again!!! :ph34r:

Stranded

Hi Stranded

You can check your application here but you need your application no and password, your agent will probally have those or maybe you got an e-mail from them.

http://www.acs.org.au/skillsapp/index.asp

They dont tell you on the site or in any email what the result of your application is they keep you waiting until you get the letter via standard mail. So maybe I will get a nice Christmas present from ACS or maybe I wont.

Thanks Cramer, will ask Hubby.

Let's put out all the positive vibes we can into the Universe. :ilikeit:

I know you will receive your reply from Santa in the mail, before Christmas day! :ilikeit:

Keep believing, keep believing!! :ilikeit:

Stranded,

According to ACS you can proceed with your visa application if you have the number given by them in the mean time. I am not sure if it is also the view from the immigration dept. I did read elsewhere from someone who lodged and only later got their IELTS. They were then declined and had to start all over again as dept says you have to have the IELTS at the time of application.

I'd say, wait till 25 Jan and if you not have it by then, get the number and proceed with application.

Checked gain this morning -status changed to "with assesor" again??? Not sure what this means.....Not in process anymore, but hopefully it's the beginning of the end?....

Mine took 13 weeks to the day.

Here's my timeline:

5 September 2008 - Submitted Skills Assessment (RPL) to ACS

18 September 2008 - Received by ACS (13 days / 13 days later)

24 September 2008 - Money deducted from Credit Card (19 days / 6 days later)

24 September 2008 - Received confirmation email (19 days / same day)

17 October 2008 - "In Process" - Rhiannon Burkett (42 days / 23 days later)

26 November 2008 - "With Assessor" - Pepa Tasi (82 days / 40 days later)

3 December 2008 - "Case Finalised" - Pepa Tasi (89 days / 7 days later)

5 December 2008 - Received registered letter in the post, stamped 3 December 2008 at Post Office (91 days / 2 days later)

Letter dated 26 November 2008 (The same date as the status change to "With Assessor")

To date no Tracking Number appeared on my online status page.

Oh goodie, so it seems we'll have some news soon - hopefully good news!!

"with assesor" is good billabong

Hi All,

Firtsly this thread rocks :ilikeit:

Secondly, good luck to all....the waiting is not fun but I am sure it will be worth it !

Lastly, Got my POSITIVE assesment last week !!!! What a feeling :ilikeit:

PS. ACS requested more information and that does cause a delay

Good luck to all !!!

Hi Bessie

Thanks for the support, did you apply in June and only got approval in Dec?

When did they ask for supporting info in this Long process?

Sjoe! :)

Stranded

Hi Stranded,

Actually applied in June already :) and the result posted from ACS in November :lol:

From the date that ACS received the docs up to "In Progress" only took about 2 weeks. Then about 4 weeks in the process I received the request for another reference from my first employer. This is the one page doc that delayed the whole process by about 10 weeks ! It took AST forever to put my typed letter on their letter head. Then I made the mistake to trust the post office via registered mail which got lost, so i had to resend via DHL (R430 for 1 page :lol: ) It eventually arrived with ACS a few days late so I guess that is why my application was placed at the bottom of the pile.

All worked out ok in the end, so I am smilling !

Ya, like the English say:"All's well that ends well"

Our "Lovely agent" sent Hubbies RPL away, so we do not have a log on and password to track it! And ofcourse he went on his annual leave until 12 Jan'08.

Now, seeing that we do not have the tracking ability, how would we know if they need anything extra?

So much if's!

Ya, like the English say:"All's well that ends well"

Our "Lovely agent" sent Hubbies RPL away, so we do not have a log on and password to track it! And ofcourse he went on his annual leave until 12 Jan'08.

Now, seeing that we do not have the tracking ability, how would we know if they need anything extra?

So much if's!

I would guess only the agent will be notified and then they'd request you send them (agent) the info to be passed on. That's how I understand it from dealing with our agent.

Trust me there's nothing much to be seen on the ACS logon page! Pretty much just your name (which they spelled wrong in my case), the received date, the assessor's name and then the status (In Process...ect...). No other info so I doubt you'd know you need to send them more info based on the website.

I must admit I'm a little shocked at how basic (and backward) the ACS's website is in regards to the skills assessment! They're an IT institute. You might be fooled into believing that they could write a MUCH richer site with better online tracking facilities. Maybe even be able to interact directly with the assessor, via PM's ect on your profile..... <_<

My Hubby said the same thing, he recons he will offer to redo their website for free for them, if they just mark his RPL.... <_<

I'm just scared that they request some extra info, then we will only find out about it on the Agents return from holiday..12 Jan!!

But, Immigration is all about the hurry up and wait game, so let me be patient :whome:

Letter received today from ACS Positive for 2231-15 Whoo Hoo. The people at the post office must have thought I was nuts when I read the letter and shouted out big yahoos.