ACS assessments

Dedrei

Stranded that is FANTASTIC news! i am so happy for you... I've been wondering about you all weekend, but we've been away, so jus logged on now to check...

HURRAH FOR YOU!!!!!! ;):ilikeit: :ilikeit: :whome:

The relief must be enormous!

Well done,

Leigh

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cramer

• JacquesV

• Stranded

• PieterK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Leigh

It is 4 days later and we are still in disbelieve and celebrating ;):ilikeit:

We are defnitly on a high in THIS house :ilikeit:

Would never have made it without you guys and ladies support, as other people just don't get the big issue...

Thanks

Stranded

Hi Leigh

It is 4 days later and we are still in disbelieve and celebrating :):ilikeit:

We are defnitly on a high in THIS house :blush:

Would never have made it without you guys and ladies support, as other people just don't get the big issue...

Thanks

Stranded

I know how you feel Stranded, We have two families, the real family who dont want us to go and dont really understand and the "Forum Family" who know exactly what we are going through and offer nothing but good advice and support. So I have to agree with you there, there have been times when the guys and girls on this forum have pulled me through rough and down times.

Yip Cramer

Me being the social creature in the house,(Hubby IT Nerd) he always says that if it wasn't for the forum, we would never leave. It is the place where I come to feel normal and to get re-energised for the next challenge. :)

Stranded

I agree - and reading other people's success stories gives all the rest a boost to continue, even when you feel you can't anymore!

I submitted my ACS Skills Assessment 3 weeks and 1 day ago! Status is still "To be allocated" How long before my status changes to the next level? ;)

I submitted my ACS Skills Assessment 3 weeks and 1 day ago! Status is still "To be allocated" How long before my status changes to the next level? ;)

Mine took 4 weeks, to the day, before it changed. This was from the date they sent the agent an email stating they received the application.

Edited by Jacques and Natalie

Cool stuff, hopefully today or tomorrow then :)

Sorry Frank. I put the wrong timelines down and edited my post. The correct timeline was 4 weeks.

Edit: My agent told me to start counting the weeks from the 'acknowledgement email' and not from when the status changed. So you're already 3 weeks into the 12 week cycle ;)

Mine took exactly 12 weeks from acknowledgement email to 'Case Finalised' status.....just waiting on the stupid snail mail letter now to find out the results!! ;) I'm sitting on 16/21 days now...that's hoping our wonderful SA Postal Service doesn't lose it for me!!

Edited by Jacques and Natalie

Does anyone know if ACS Actually calls your previous employers to make sure if all Employee References letters are Legit?

Does anyone know if ACS Actually calls your previous employers to make sure if all Employee References letters are Legit?

I'm on good terms with all my past employers and called them 2 weeks ago to find out if they've been contacted...short answer : No. None were called.

But in saying that I've heard of other applicants references being followed up on. Just make sure everything is legit and you have nothing to worry about ;)

I'm still working at the same company, and now working side-by-side with my previous managers / references used for ACS.

They would definitely have told me the minute that somebody contacted them.

Thus, in my case, no one contacted them either.

14 weeks? That's out of the ordanary. Their processing time is usually between 8 - 12 weeks. I would follow up if I was you.

Thanks for that advice.

I am using an agent - he claims to be waiting for feedback - claims that is the process.

Any ideas who do I contact is I dont have a direct line to ACS?

Please help for I had little patience and all this time is pushing me too far. My idea was to apply for the 175 before Feb 2009.

How long should it take after the process moves from "To be allocated"?

What other statusses must I wait through?

Please help.

Regards

Ja-nee, 14 weeks in "to be allocated" is ridiculous! Mine said "to be allocated" for about 5 weeks, and for the last 2-3 weeks it says "in process".

Why do I get the impression that these agents are useless, last week Stranded's agent did not seem to care that they might miss the cut off and was not willing to go the extra mile considering the circumstances, now Dawid seems to have the same sort of "I dont care as long as I get my money" attitude.

I might be wrong but to me these agents are a bunch of palookas

14 weeks? That's out of the ordanary. Their processing time is usually between 8 - 12 weeks. I would follow up if I was you.

It's normally 12 working weeks.

Sometimes if the paperwork is prepared properly, it may be less. However, if the paperwork isn't quite right, or irrelevant material was included this may slow down the process.

The ACS are at full capacity now, and if your agent deals with the ACS on a regular basis as I do, he/she should be able to track the overall progress of all his/her ACS clients and see which client has fallen through the cracks in terms of processing speed.

Regards

Peter

Registered Migration Agent, Sydney NSW

http://ptlabs.com.au/

This thread is dedicated to all your questions & queries you might have regarding getting your skills assessed if you are in IT and also just a 'support group' for them.

Ajay, PTlabs anyone in 'the know' ... this is slightly off the track, but not sure who to turn to ...

At the end of February, my daughter's partner completes his MSc in Information Systems in Brisbane. He is in Australia on an Occupational Trainee Visa and would desperately like to stay on permanently, but is having difficulty finding a sponsor before his visa expires in April. Does anyone know of a sponsor that would employ him (anywhere) as he has already used up his Work Visa on a previous visit to Australia. He has around 5 years' experience in his field and has glowing testimonials from the banking group he worked for in Germany. With his solid work ethic, lovely personality, fine character and brilliant mind he would be a valuable asset to any company willing to employ him, however I fear that the present recession could undermine his efforts to find a position. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

:angry: Hi All

Kimberley Kate - Unfortunately still on this side so unable to assist.

David - As Cramer said, I ohhh sooo know what you feeling.

Cramer - Do agree, If it was not for the complicated RPL process and paperwork, there would be NO WAY I would sign up an Agent again. I do believe that it is a complete money making scheme. If you could sign up and pay afterwards if all services rendered. That I would consider. (Not that it would make business sence for them..)

But this endless ass licking :ilikeit: to get some attention for R15 000, is just unacceptable and I feel like a complete idiot.

Look at SD_MOA, he is not even my agent, I paid him nothing, he ows me nothing. And yet he gave me more advise and made me feel less idiotic!! :whome:

According to me, one pays your agent so that:

- He/she can ignore you for atleast 11 months

- You can leave them messages/mails to get back to you

- You can ask them what about now? How far are we? How long still? What next? :ilikeit:

Why can't they just contact you to say, listen this is happening, this will be the next step, if nothing by .. date , I will ....

What about, free Expo tickets for the family, to say, hey, lets see how much we can help. Or even just and e-mail to inform you the expo's are coming up.

No, mine just wait for me to harrass him, to do something for his R15000. Wow what a life!!! :angry::ilikeit:

So yes Cramer, I am p.... off at myself more than him, for wasting my money. That money is someones airline ticket in the family, the Visa money, the Assessment money, the many bottle of wines one need for this process. :blush:

Yes, as you can see I can think of a few ways to spend that money wiser.

David - If I didn't phone ACS like SD_MOA suggested, I would have gone MAD. :ph34r:

Shout if you need any support!!

Sorry for the bitching,,,,,but it's all Cramers fault for opening the can of worms :wacko:

Stranded

Thanks Stranded and all others for the response.

I am going to demand an complete update from the agent - who is in Australia. A week after I have submitted ACS mentioned to the agent that my Employer reference is not dated, four days later they informed me, only for me to point out that the date is below their telephone numbers.

I am also aproaching the bif Four Five and my time therefore running out fast.

Which number should I contact ACS at?

Regards