ACS assessments

Dedrei

Hi David

Thanks for the update, as I stated earlier, we have received our positive assessment already, and yet our status still says "In Process"!!!!

So yip, for a Computer association, they not very computer'ish....

My agent also got pied off with me, but a few days later he was normal again. I think they are use to us loosing our patients and demanding!

But hey, we all can not have a stunning job, with no complaining customers... <_<

So don't take it personal, he gets paid to deal with your happy, impatient, stressed and demanding side. As I said in my post, if they keep us informed, we will not be so demanding!!

Thinking of you!

Stranded

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cramer

• JacquesV

• Stranded

• PieterK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Dawid again.

16 weeks today and still "to be allocated".

I have spoken to the agent and I actually feel like the dog now - he claims he is doing his job. That I must wait ant that thre is no use in contacting the ACS.

I have tried an email to ACS early last week but no response.

I have again requested him to contact ACS to get a real status for the agent claims that the status on the internet is not always correct. An Computer System of the Computer association - I really hope that their Computer Systems must function - But on the other hand I hope that there is a problem and the progress in fact further.

The silence of ACS on my email may be because they direct all my emails through the agenct - I am not sure. This is due to the fact that the agent sharply suggester that it does not help me to contact them; either he got their response ot they are also reading this site.

I'll keep you updated - Regards

All I have to say is: ACS states a 12-week pocessing time on there website, and now they are at 16 weeks still " to be allocated." That means that they are 33% over their timeline, and for all intents and purposes they haven't even started yet. If I did my job like that, I would have to explain myself really really well to my manager, or I'd be out of a job. Even if ACS can just give you some feedback to assure you that your application hasn't slipped through the cracks, at least that would be something. I honestly think your application my have indeed slipped through the cracks.

At last hace my agent replied with a log of their conversations with ACS which I knew nothing about. It sems that a transcropt of my academic qualifications was requested 15 Jan and that they received it 6 Feb. I can still not understand why the agent did'nt send them the original translated transcriptions as they request on their documentation but only copies.

That counts for some lost time and I also assume that they are indeed busy with my application although indicated as "to be allocated' on the web-site. Although it seems that the girl who requested the academic transcripts would then send it to an assessor.

I'll keep you up to date.

At least you have some clarity now.

I must question the efficiency of the agent though. For you to hunt for questions like this and the fact that the proper documentation wasn't sent initially?!?

On another note: I'm STILL waiting for the POSTED (I still can't believe it in this day and age) results :ilikeit: It's been 28 days since my status changed to 'with assessor' and the page indicated 'wait up to 21 days for outside Australia' or 21 days since my status changed to 'case finalized' :lol:

All we want to do is lodge the main application. Needless to say the agent just keeps saying "wait, it will arrive sometime this week or the next" :angry:

It is just above my belief that they say on the documentation for almost 4 months without sending it in. They hace specifically said that I had to get it translated for the ACS and to send the original certified translation to them, which I did.

We are just not good at this waiting game, thought the South African way would have rubbed off but the desire to get these things done is just pushing to hard.

Jacques and Natalie, I hope that your POSTED will change to RECEIVED in no time. I also have this big urge to lodge the final application for the 175 - then that waiting game.

Hi Jacques and Natalie,

Any news yet? Ours is still in process....argh...don't even want to know how I'm going to be once we apply for the visas! :)

Hi Jacques and Natalie,

Any news yet? Ours is still in process....argh...don't even want to know how I'm going to be once we apply for the visas! :)

Hi there,

I contacted my agent yesterday requesting they make contact with the ACS and find our what the hold-up is. It's most probably our dear old SA Postal service as per usual. The agent keeps telling me they (ACS) don't provide a tracking number and thus it's not possible to track our side. I cannot think that something this important will just be posted with no traceability.

Ya, I agree...I'm sure you would be able to track something like that.

Hang in there, hopefully it'll arrive soon!

Hi there,

I contacted my agent yesterday requesting they make contact with the ACS and find our what the hold-up is. It's most probably our dear old SA Postal service as per usual. The agent keeps telling me they (ACS) don't provide a tracking number and thus it's not possible to track our side. I cannot think that something this important will just be posted with no traceability.

Doesn't ACS provide a service that if you haven't received your results letter within 28 days you can ask for another letter? And shouldn't it have gone to your agent first? Why didn't he/she scan it for you before sending it on?

Doesn't ACS provide a service that if you haven't received your results letter within 28 days you can ask for another letter? And shouldn't it have gone to your agent first? Why didn't he/she scan it for you before sending it on?

The agent hasn't received the letter yet and only on MY request is now following up on why it's taking so long to be delivered. Still have had no word in this regard! :ilikeit:

Is your agent in Australia, and more importantly, MARA registered? Something smells very dodgey to me.

Is your agent in Australia, and more importantly, MARA registered? Something smells very dodgey to me.

Nope and Yup. Don't worry I'm all over them like a fly on .... paper :ilikeit:

Progress from Dawid. 20 Feb "With assessor". My previous status Waiting to be allocated since 28 October.

Progress from Dawid. 20 Feb "With assessor". My previous status Waiting to be allocated since 28 October.

Nice one David!!! Now the postal wait :ilikeit:

Things are moving now...

Received this email 1 day after "With assessor": "Please be advised that your result letter is about to be posted to you by registered post "

Now the waiting game for the post. It will be posted to my agent in Australia. I have tried to get the screen where I can enter the reference number on Auspost but could not find the speciffic web-site.

Now to hope that they have a positive outcome with MDOL.

Regards

Dawid

Things are moving now...

Received this email 1 day after "With assessor": "Please be advised that your result letter is about to be posted to you by registered post "

Now the waiting game for the post. It will be posted to my agent in Australia. I have tried to get the screen where I can enter the reference number on Auspost but could not find the speciffic web-site.

Now to hope that they have a positive outcome with MDOL.

Regards

Dawid

Hey David,

I'm REALLY happy for you but at the same time SO LIVID that my bluddy agent hasn't forwarded me any mails of the sorts! I'm going to contact the ACS myself on Monday to find out what's happening!

I hope you hear real quick!!! Nice one!!!! :ilikeit:

Gee guys and ladies

I go away for a few days, and wha-La

So Happy David, longgg overdue. :ilikeit: Lets start supporting the Postal services in SA :ilikeit:

Natalie and Jacques, ag nee man, lets stay positive and threaten a few people :ph34r: As a red head I always feel better afterwards.. :wub:

Frank & Leon what's up?

Us, well we still have the e-mailed letter as proof that we received a positive assessment. But status still says " In Process" and no, just as David;Natalie and Jacques, we are also placing alot of wear and tear on the post box, awaiting THE LETTER

But, ladies and gents, nothing that a good years Merlot from the Durbanvil winery can not fix....whilst we wait :yawn::yawn::ilikeit:

Gee guys and ladies

So Happy David, longgg overdue. :ilikeit: Lets start supporting the Postal services in SA :ilikeit:

Natalie and Jacques, ag nee man, lets stay positive and threaten a few people :ph34r: As a red head I always feel better afterwards.. :wub:

Frank & Leon what's up?

Us, well we still have the e-mailed letter as proof that we received a positive assessment. But status still says " In Process" and no, just as David;Natalie and Jacques, we are also placing alot of wear and tear on the post box, awaiting THE LETTER

But, ladies and gents, nothing that a good years Merlot from the Durbanvil winery can not fix....whilst we wait :yawn::yawn::ilikeit:

This ACS assesment really gets you drinking .............................. Stranded you should send your skills for wine taster :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hello Friend Cramer

I will, as long as I do not have to check on the status on a website. IT WILL KILL ME

I am leaving for Upington in 3 weeks, so luckily I can stock up on good old Oranjerivier wines. LOVE LOVE LOVE them :ilikeit:

The airhostess always checks me out with a "Are you in the import and export bussiness" face when I board with the boxes.....

One day they will realise that I personally, through emmigration, placed Oranje rivier wineries on the map... :ilikeit:

Gee guys and ladies

So Happy David, longgg overdue. :D Lets start supporting the Postal services in SA :whome:

Natalie and Jacques, ag nee man, lets stay positive and threaten a few people :ph34r: As a red head I always feel better afterwards.. :blush:

Frank & Leon what's up?

But, ladies and gents, nothing that a good years Merlot from the Durbanvil winery can not fix....whilst we wait :yawn::yawn::sleep1:

Hi Stranded...

Well, tomorrow it will be exactly 6 weeks, and nothing, status still on "To be allocated"...dammit :)

My agent said that she never calls ACS before 8 weeks, which I agree with, so I guess we just need to wait a little bit longer...

My agent (who are seriously starting to tick me off due their lack of communication!!!!!) requested on Thursday past, that a copy of my results get sent to their Sydney branch. Now I ask you with tears in my eyes WHY THE HELL DIDN"T THEY REQUEST THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE instead of getting it posted to SA.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

G!!!!!!! :D:sleep1: <I've removed this comment in case I get into trouble but it's sorta in-line with "Stupidity should be a criminal offence">

Jacques you ahve a very good point. I think I'll ask my agent to ask ACS to post her the results rather than posting it to me. She can always just scan it and email us the copy, and then post us the original once we are in AUS... Works must better that way :D

Hello Friend Cramer

I will, as long as I do not have to check on the status on a website. IT WILL KILL ME

I am leaving for Upington in 3 weeks, so luckily I can stock up on good old Oranjerivier wines. LOVE LOVE LOVE them :blush:

The airhostess always checks me out with a "Are you in the import and export bussiness" face when I board with the boxes.....

One day they will realise that I personally, through emmigration, placed Oranje rivier wineries on the map... :whome:

Seeing that you are considering Melbourne I believe there are lots of wine farms in the area, I even saw one for sale for $900 000, so you are going to have to find a good replacement for good old Oranjerivier. Otherwise you will be in the Import business - importing good old Oranjerivier.

"Jacques and Natalie" and "Frank & Leon", trust me when I say that following this thread for over 10 Months that when they say 12 weeks they mean 12 weeks. Of course there are Dawid and Biker who they seemed to forget about.

I am holding thumbs for you guys and will continue following your stories and progress here.

Seeing that you are considering Melbourne I believe there are lots of wine farms in the area, I even saw one for sale for $900 000, so you are going to have to find a good replacement for good old Oranjerivier. Otherwise you will be in the Import business - importing good old Oranjerivier.

"Jacques and Natalie" and "Frank & Leon", trust me when I say that following this thread for over 10 Months that when they say 12 weeks they mean 12 weeks. Of course there are Dawid and Biker who they seemed to forget about.

I am holding thumbs for you guys and will continue following your stories and progress here.

Hi Cramer,

My 12 weeks ended on the 27th January with my status being updated to 'Case Finalised'. Today is 30 days after that and still no letter...but had the agent actually thought about it and had it posted to their Sydney office I probably would have had the results already!!