ACS assessments

Dedrei

WE HAVE IT!!! :) (Ready to rock)

Got the mail, hubby is on the Demand list and a stunning ASCO code :cry: (Tears of joy)

Thank you all, you are the most supporting family anyone can ask for :hug:

Need to sleep, but there is no way in hel we can sleep now :yawn::blink::o

Stranded what ASCO code did your hubby get? Just Curious.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cramer

• JacquesV

• Stranded

• PieterK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Frank & Leon

Any feedback?

Long time no hear!!

Greetings from the dark side:

Stranded

Hi Stranded,

We ran into a little snag, our Original ACS Application was not approved, because ACS managed to leave one Employment Reference out, leaving me with not enough experience to qualify. We notified them of the error, so we had to officially appeal, paying another R2k. This process takes between 4-6 weeks, we are in week 3 already, and they promised to speed up our appeal, because they made the error... grin, can you believe it, so we are still waiting.

Good thing tough, our Agent has already pre-loaded our Application with DIAC, we just waiting for the letter. We hope it comes back positive this time, we really do...

Ahhh Frank & Leon :ilikeit:

I can not believe it!!

But I guess everything happens for a reason, but the financial burden!! :thumbdown:

Please keep us up to speed with the process!!

You must let me know if you need a good bottle of wine to make time go past quicker!! I will send it with love! :ilikeit:

Thinking of YOU!!

Haha, we love wine :thumbdown: grin...

We will certainly let you know as soon as we hear anything... we are growing inpationed now...

Thanks for the support :ilikeit:

Can't believe that you have to pay them to try and fix an error that they made.

Hope you get the good news soon!

Hi guys,

Just for the benefit of those in the middle of RPL's or other ACS assessment stages... It took literally 3 months for the reply and because we used an agent in Australia the letter arrived to him before the online status even changed! He has been on the forum before, giving advice, he really knows his IT stuff and has never had anything less than 100% success rate from ACS. If anyone has to do an RPL (loads of work and a minefield for most) I can highly recommend Peter Chiam who helped us. He is a registered migration agent and ACS is his "thang". As you can tell, we are super impressed with the service we have received from him.

The RPL is very specific, wording is extremely important, and we had to get a stat dec after applied to ACS for experience etc because one employer was retired (no reference no letterhead). The ACS accepted this stat dec (affadavit) no prob and we still got our positive assessment. Stressful process, worth it.

Check out http://www.ptlabs.com.au

PS: S.A. agents (3 of them) would not help us wth an RPL AT ALL!!!

Good luck y'all :ilikeit:

Hey guys - hubby applied for assessment on 30 March... couriered off the hard copies which arrived on +-4 May... his status has been 'to be allocated' until YESTERDAY!! It now says 'in process'...........................

How long do we have til we get the letter - does it have to change to 'with assessor' or something else, basically what comes in between 'in process' and "WE'VE GOT THE LETTER"? EEEEEEEEEEEK I nearly wooped out loud in the office this morning :lol:

I got mine sorted by ASA quite quickly... only painful part was having to submit old payslips and making an affidavit (sp?) for a company I worked for in the UK that went bust...

And boy, isn't it just fun going to your current employer asking them for a letter. :lol:

-G

Hey Kit

Can't say for sure when you'll receive your letter, there doesn't seem to be an exact time. Ours went relatively quickly, did it online and couriered the docs the next day. I am sure it won't be long now! :lol:

All the best! You'll receive your assessment before you know it!

Edited by Michele R

Thanks Michele - I must admit I've been checking the ACS application status website a couple of times every day now... :( YAYYYYYYY can't wait to change my signature ;)

Lol, don't worry, we were the same! Problem is...now we do it with our visa application, heh heh. :(

Let us know when you get the letter!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

It is such a relief to post that finally after 4 months of hard work hubby has finally sent in RPL for assessment. Our forms were sent--- :ilikeit:

Thursday 21 May 2009----will never forget it ---DHL pick-up was at midday.The same morning we succeeded with the on-line submission

Monday 25 May 2009----received by ACS

Now the wait begins and more research into state sponsorship.Hubby has english test in June.

By the way has anyone had problems sending RPL on-line cos ours would have been sent on Monday last week but when the file

was almost complete downloading it timed out.Was soooooo fustrating :)

Hubby did zip it as stated on the site but the RPL was too big. I am sure many of u can imagine our frustration at this time considering

that we want to submit our hard work asap.

After sending an e-mail to ACS they replied saying we must try to e-mail it to them and that just would not work either...same problem

At this point I personally had enough, consider the time difference also.WHAT TO DO???

Hubby finally zipped them in 3 parts and :ilikeit: yes it finally went through.

I had even went to the extent of asking him "can you try and remove some pages, maybe then it will go through" :holy:

I think by the time we finally land in Aus, I will have a seriously MASSIVE patience-lobe in my brain! I'm uberexcited/impatient just to get the ACS result already, even though it'll only be 12 weeks in mid-June. I really hope it goes without any hitches!

OUR STORY

So, as most of you know, we launched our ACS Application on 12 Jan 2009. After exactly 12 weeks, our Agent received the letter and it was negative!!! We were devastated. She told us not to worry, as ACS made a mistake by leaving out one of my Employment References, leaving me with not enough experience (4 Years). She also said that another Reference was to vague, and didn't provide enough information, which wasn't actually the case, they didn't like the word "part time", even though I was employed full time, but they ommited that line for some reason. Anyways, so we appeal, the process usually takes 4-6 weeks, and we had to pay another $300. So, last week was 6 weeks, and we still didn't have any news. Our agent requsted yesterday that I send her some more documents, as they require another 5 months experience, so I provided her with my current employer information. Apparantly the Appeal was negative as well, but our agent made contact with the HEAD OF ASSESSMENT and they had another look at my application, and the HEAD OF DEPARTMENT decided that my application was harshly judged, and she granted a possitive skills assessment!!! So after almost 6 months of hell, we finally have it!!

YAY

Edited by Frank & Leon

Wow, what a mission! :ilikeit:

So glad you didn't give up! Congrats, hope you're celebrating! :unsure:

Soooo Happy for you, someone I know would tell you to go to News Cafe and have a flaming lamborgini and someone else would say, enjoy atleast one bottle of a good Merlot... :blink:

Any way, go celebrate until the sun rise, it must have been one hell of a ride!!

Ours was stressful, but I think you are currently in the lead with the amount of stress you took!! :blink:

Enjoy your victory, I will go open a good bottle of Merlot now on your behalf! :lol:

Congrats!

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question regarding ACS - we sent through our online application at the beginning of April, and our paperwork got to them at the beginning of May. Which date is it that we should take the 12 weeks' processing time from? And how accurate is that 12 weeks' time ANYway? I'm really super-impatient for the result already and it's only just been 12 weeks since we sent the application electronically. It's the only thing we need before we can apply for the visa :whome:

Ok ACS status has changed from "to be allocated" to "with assessor" and they've given a registered post tracking number - does this mean it's already done or has it just been given a tracking number but still needs to actually be assessed? :unsure: either way we should hopefully get the letter by the end of July and then it's VISA APPLICATION TIME!!!!

Congrats are in order, that means your case has been finalized by ACS and thath they have already mailed your results letter to you.

Dearest Kit

Congrats and goodluck with the postal prayers now :rolleyes: , let us now once that lovely letter arrives!!

Stranded