Questions/Queries regarding Skills Assessments

Dedrei

Here is a list of skills assessment bodies for various occupations.

Please post your questions in these threads so that we can keep it all together and so that it doesn't get difficult finding info about your assessment.

If you are not sure what assessing authority is applicable for your occupation have a look here

Click on the links below for each thread

TRA Support Group

ACS Support Group

Accountants Support Group

VETASSESS Group

Engineers Group

Please let me know if you would like an additional support group opened if your occupation is not any of the above.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there

I have so far not managed to come across anyone using the Australian Psychological Society as i have to have skills assessed there for BA in Psychology and Honours in Industrial Psychology...

Has anyone used them at all or have any info about them other than their website?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ek is bietjie deurmekaar

Wat kom eerste: skills assessment of registrasie as terapeut?

Met ander woorde, kan ons solank my skills laat assess en later worry oor registrasie of moet ek eers registrasie kry?

Karen

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Deidre,

could you please add on AIM?

Australian Institute of Managment.

We are currently doing our AIM assessment for my hubbie and wanna do it to the best of our ability as AIM is

the hardest of all the assessing bodies.

Many thanks

Smartie

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry Deidre,

We are ambushing you :ilikeit::whome::) Pleeeeeeeezzzz can you or anyone who has done AIM give us some information. The requirements are really harsh and obviously we would like to pass the first time.

Many thanks in advance,

Lisabella :)

• 3 months later...

Good morning!

Can anybody please give advice/tips for doing the AIM assessment? I would be VERY grateful for any info from those who have already done it!

Thanx!

zorba

• 3 weeks later...

Friends of ours are also in the process of immigrating, just a few steps ahead of us. The husband also has a trade, so they went ahead and got the copies certified and couriered to the TRA, only for them to be advised that because of our "Corrupt/Fraud" infested police service, they will not accept it certified by them, it must be by a lawyer!! :)

[Hi!

Can any one tell me if a crane operator is a trade in Oz? We have 2 companies in SA, Industrial Sheeting Company and a crane hire Company,my husband has a licence to operate a crane. We do not qualify for the skills visa,we must go on a business visa, we do not have enough points to imm.

Thanks

Sonica

Friends of ours are also in the process of immigrating, just a few steps ahead of us. The husband also has a trade, so they went ahead and got the copies certified and couriered to the TRA, only for them to be advised that because of our "Corrupt/Fraud" infested police service, they will not accept it certified by them, it must be by a lawyer!! ;)

Thanks, good to know!

Hi

Ons wil ook aansoek doen vir 'n PR. Is nie seker op wie se naam ons dit moet doen nie ek het 'n BSC Rekenaarwetenskap graad en 10 jaar IT ondervinding. My man het 'n BComm graad (nie rekenaars nie) en 10 jaar Oracle ondervinding wat op die shortage list is. Kan iemand raad gee asb?

Ons het by Pukke (Potch Universiteit) studeer en dus in Afrikaans. Het nou gehoor van 'n 'vertaler' wat in Garsfontein is. Word dit aanvaar as mens dan sulke dokumente ingee of moet dit deur die Universiteit uitgedruk wees?

Dankie!

• 1 month later...

Hi

Ons het dokumente deur die volgende mense laat vertaal. Hul is die European Language Services mpy. Alles is elektronies gedoen, binne 2 dae. Kan hul definitief aanbeveel, en hul werk word erken deur Australie:

www.europeanonline.co.za

Die dame wat ons gehelp het is Lisa Erofeev, en die dokumente dra ook hul stempel dat dit die regte vertaling van die oorspronklike dokumente is. Hul vra R125 per sertifikaat, en wanneer dit bv. 'n getuigskrif is, vra hul R79 vir 100 woorde. Hul tel die woorde en werk die bedrag daarvolgens uit.

Hi Everyone

For those wanting ACS RPL examples rplhrlp.co.uk is a good site but with SA's funny money the £20 can be quite expensive if you want a couple of examples. I have found a site that has quite a few free examples http://www.sandheap.info/ It also has examps of aplications for other professions such as ngineers and by the look of it even a doctor.

The site is in Russian but it is easy enough to get around and all the applications are in English.

Hope this helps some people.

HI,

I am new to the forum and we are in process of preparing to move to Aus. i have had all the points assessments etc done and they are all positive.

I need to start completing the documentation for my ACS skills assessment and I suspect that I will be required to do the complete RPL one. I do not have a degree, but have been involved in the IT industry for more than 10 years. I developed in a couple of languages, but most noticebly VB, C#, ASP, ASP.NET etc.

For the past 3 - 4 years I have been donig development, but my main focus has been towards managing software development teams and projects. I have a ITIL version 3 Foundation certification and am writing my PMP certification exam at the end of the month.

With the above in mind, is there another assessment route that I should concider, would this affect my ACS assessment at all?

Thanks for all the valuable info on the site.

Hi There

I am hoping to hear from anybody who is a member of the Australian Institute of Insurance or anybody who has had dealings with AII.

Thanks very much

[Hi Candy

My husband is an electrician can you tell me which form to complete for his assessment?

Thanks

Pikkie

Please Help !!!

hi Everyone dont know if this has been asked before if it was sorry, :blush: my husband is an electrician, i have been reading all the Vetassess documents but now came across the TRA site (got it from a friend) now i'm confused :whome: can you use any one of the two or does anyone know which one I should go for. Maybe i dont see what i need to because i'm in such a hurry to just start the process.

Any help will be highly appreciated PLEEEAAASSSEEEE !!!!! :holy::holy::holy:

Chrystal-Moon

O Shoot I saw now its TRA but if someone can please confirm that i'm right, if i'm right it will be great news for my husband cause he will save some money as i see its cheaper from TRA. :whome:

Chrystal-Moon

• 1 month later...

Hi There

My husband has had his trade assessed in November but we do not agree with it. Did anyone reapply? Any advice.

Can we apply again and hope for another outcome? How long does TRA take now?

O Shoot I saw now its TRA but if someone can please confirm that i'm right, if i'm right it will be great news for my husband cause he will save some money as i see its cheaper from TRA. :whome:

Chrystal-Moon

Hi Chrystal-Moon

I've sent you a PM. Please let me know should you require any further information.

Cheers

Edited by Lukas

Hi,

Rve, you mentioned: "ek het 'n BSC Rekenaarwetenskap graad en 10 jaar IT ondervinding. My man het 'n BComm graad (nie rekenaars nie) en 10 jaar Oracle ondervinding wat op die shortage list is" - I think the route you choose depends in part on how many points you need. It would be easier to get your BSc skills assessed, as it's a normal ACS skills assessment (not RPL, as you have a degree). Your husband will earn extra points, being MODL, but he will need to do an RPL, which takes much longer to compile - someone mentioned the name of the RPL help website, which would help with this. And both of you might need to do the relevant assessments if you need to use spouse skills points. Our agent recommended we go the RPL route for my husband only, even though I had a degree, as the visa usually then has priority processing, and we then didn't need to do a skills assessment for me.

Tracer, not too sure on your one. If you would like to be assessed as an IT Computing Professional, you'd need to do the RPL ACS route (you also list project management experience in the RPL) - you would probably get MODL points too, for C#. Project management as a discipline would be done via a different assessing body.

Hope this helps.