Visas Lodged DECEMBER 2016

MvR89

Truth is none of us know how they work through their case load and how long the queue is in front of us, so when they will cycle back to us is a bit of a "piece of string".  The completeness of the application affects these processing times more than anything, because we know a complete application can be finalized when the VPO picks it up, we have seen this done in 2 weeks from lodgement.  To me these figures tell me they have a heavy case load at the moment, meaning the queue is just longer than it was a month or so ago. Perhaps this is a peak time of the year for visa application.

Last time it took exactly 24 working days (Australian) to cycle back to me from notifying them we have provided the information requested - if my administration was done more accurately, we would have had our grant within the 3 months 75% processing time, so this is our own fault.  Tomorrow it's 24 working days again.  But if the queue is longer now, it will take longer... this part is just out of our control, so we have to just find a way to sit back and enjoy the sound of the crickets.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, MichKen said:

But if the queue is longer now, it will take longer... this part is just out of our control, so we have to just find a way to sit back and enjoy the sound of the crickets.

I agree @MichKen. It is out of our "sphere of influence" and we need to find ways to wait patiently. The limbo is very hard and it's difficult to focus on other (important) things. 

Sending strength...

• Like 1

It is just shitty that they have moved out the dates. I am 1 week away from 3 months from Submission. Also been 6 weeks from the last info provided button. 

WHY WAS I NOT DECISION READY!!!!???

36 minutes ago, JJDLmoving said:

It is just shitty that they have moved out the dates. I am 1 week away from 3 months from Submission. Also been 6 weeks from the last info provided button. 

WHY WAS I NOT DECISION READY!!!!???

I think you are missing the point. Completely. (even the 3 month mark is just an estimate, not a promise. This is not some fast food place that offers you service within a set time, or else gives you a refund)

The visa officials don't sit lounging around and asking each other how sadistic they should be this week. They work at a steady pace going through the visas that they have. If more visas stream in, then it takes longer for a particular visa to be processed. It's not even in the control of the people who work with the visas. It literally depends on how many other folks (just like you) are submitting visas right now. And how complete their applications are.

I know waiting is tough. I've done it. But the Aussies don't "work" like the more laid back South African government depts, they actually work.

Just be patient.

• Like 4

Can I add some encouragement, @JJDLmoving - just because their "standards" are shifted out to 5 months (or whatever), doesn't mean that yours will be automatically delayed... Yours isn't any "less close" to finalisation because of their reviewed timeframes.

I know it's hard to plan, and I know your circumstances are very different from others', but you need to take some comfort in knowing that they wouldn't have invited you to apply if there wasn't a very (very) good chance of your getting it.

*breathe in breathe out*

And besides, the longer you wait, the harder you'll party when it comes.

Sending strength.

• Like 2

@JJDLmoving - we are all feeling your pain, trust me! Just keep the faith!(and keep yourself busy with other activities, it helps)

At least your application is complete, we are still waiting for our daughter to be added to our application and her HAP ID, only once her medicals are done will our application be considered complete, so it's going to be even more waiting for us. We are also stressed, especially because our house is already sold and we have to move out in a few weeks time, so not having control does suck, but everything happens for a reason, and our house sold without even going onto the market, so I have every faith that all will work out in the end.

Image result for god's timing is perfect

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your encouraging words. I find that it helps to just rant a little on a forum like this especially with other people who are going to very similar stresses. So please dont mind my messages, dont let them stress anyone out! Its just my way of releasing feelings !!!! :) 

I have no doubt that G-D will and is walking my family and myself down the right path, even if it is very slowly :)

I have total faith to the point that if this all falls through then i know it is for the best and i must not question it. 

My biggest enemy right now is that i am totally over invested in this process and this dream (emotionally). 

Anyway - thank you everyone for reading and actively taking an interest in what i have to say. It is really a great support mechanism for me. I know that i can look forward to a daily response from you guys - unlike the DIBP counterparts :)

A good night and good weekend to you all! 

@JJDLmoving, I guarantee you I am hoping for you to get your grant soon, we are about 5 days behind you so once you get yours, ours should follow soon after!

Edited by MichKen
Removed "rooting".....?

3 hours ago, MichKen said:

I am rooting for you

Just a side note for you all: "Rooting" means something totally different.  It's the F word here so use that word with caution ☺️

• Like 3

Looking at immitracker website it seems that there were about 22-odd visas granted in the last week, with many of them being finalized on Friday 17th.  So hopefully we will all get some news this week!

We are now on day 108 since lodging, solid into triple digits, they used to scare me, lol....

Last week Thursday was officially one year since we appointed our agent and formally started on this journey.  Feeling so blessed that we could even get this far, so grateful for the perseverance to stick to it and praying hard for the future, whatever the Fathers Plan may be and when ever He may choose to reveal it; we are just thankful for the peace of mind that all will be okay, no matter what - He's got this!

Have an awesome week y'all.

• Like 1

HI @MichKen

Is 22 visa alot, it sound like very few? I am not familiar with the website. Looking forward to good news, but not holding my breath for this week? Dont want to turn purple :)

Awesome week everyone! 

• Like 1

Hi @JJDLmoving, yes compared with what I have seen on other weeks, it is quite a lot of movement.  The site is mostly people posting their timelines, not much else.... no real discussion and it's international so from all over the world.

Lol!yes! I hear you on the turning purple thing!  All the best for the week, hoping this is your week!

Hi Everyone. So another week, still no news :(

Has anyone heard anything? 

tick tock tick tock ....

No news.....

*sigh, maybe next week?

Still nothing my side... 

On Thursday our agent sent an email to the processing office(at my request), so hopefully we will receive our daughter's HAP ID this week! ????

Sending you all good vibes for the week ahead! ??

Has she been added to the application yet?  Or is this what you are waiting for?

Nope, still waiting... 

I've read somewhere that it can take +/- 2 months for this to happen, but once they do and the medical is done, we could get our grant as soon as the following day, so hoping that is the case here!

Okay, well should be soon for you then, I think it's been close to 2 months already?  Perhaps this next week or two. Will be so good to see some movement in our little group again, been so stagnant lately.

So you go for medicals and then sorted?  When they add her they basically assess the rest of your application at the same time or have you had any feedback on the rest of your application already?

12 minutes ago, MichKen said:

Yay!!! Awesome news @kvh, well done!

Thanks! Hope your 489 comes through this week! Mine was marked "complete" with everything submitted on 21 Dec. Just to give you a sense of timeframes. 

• Like 1

Thanks @kvh for the encouragement, I'm feeling it will come when it comes, and fretting won't hurry it up ?.  I'm just really glad to see some movement in our group.  Heartfelt congratulations to you!  What are your next steps?

Thank you, kindly, @MichKen ! First step is conversation with my ex about best timing for my boys (mostly ito schooling - they're in Gr8 & Gr6)... visa says we're to enter before 29 Nov. I think that's PCC expiry date. I think we'll probably have "activation trip" before then, not actually be moving then. Still much to do before move. Have messaged my sisters in Aus, but no response yet cos late there. ? Hard to do happy dance on my own. Re-scheduled happy dance for tomorrow. ?

All the best for yours, keep us all informed... 

Edited by kvh
  • Like 1