Visas Lodged DECEMBER 2016

MvR89

Waiting is really frustrating!  But the time is near, at least every day passed is definitely a day closer... we just don't know how many more to come!

For us it's a month on Friday since our second time clicking that little button! That feeling of seeing "Information Requested" instead of "Assessment in Progress" is like being hit in the face with a bucket of ice!  I really hope to never see that again!

Edited by MichKen

So i really thought someone else would have received news by now. I think the waiting is harder when you are expecting communication from Aus...

We still have friday and the whole of next week i suppose! :)

• Like 2

Keeping an eye on the Facebook groups, on here and MyImmiTracker- hardly any movement.... a while ago it was one after the other, but now it's crickets!

• Like 1

@JJDLmoving I fully agree! 

I've tried fooling myself into thinking, I'm not thinking about it as much because I'm not commenting on the forum, even though I still check to see if anyone's status has changed everyday! :rolleyes:

And yes, @MichKen, I've also noticed the decline in activity on FB etc... 

At least we're in this together... In the meantime, I'm keeping myself busy by selling our household contents.

I'm looking forward to receiving more positive news within our group soon! :ilikeit:

• Like 2

I'm waiting on my 489 (NSW sponsored). Marked complete after submission of PCC & medicals on 21st Dec. Anyone heard of anyone who's had a 489 granted recently? Waiting room blues getting to me... feel like I cannot make any plans...

Oh dear, just read my post and it seems "all about me". But I know most of us are battling the blues. Sterkte, my friends...

Hi @kvh mine is also a 489 visa, also still waiting but have had VPO contact (see my timeline in my signature).  What is the position you are applying with?

@JJDLmoving - I mainly check this one: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SouthAfricansMigrating2Australia/, you need to request to be added as they're all closed groups

There are a few others also dealing with immigration/Aus, but I prefer and would recommend this one. It was created by, and monitored by agents, and has better content than the others.

There are also a few that deal with employment/vacancies in Aus, or social queries namely: https://www.facebook.com/groups/643616089140460/https://www.facebook.com/groups/SouthernAfricansJobsinAustralia/https://www.facebook.com/groups/1597603457192082/

Let me know if these links don't work.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone, I've got a feeling next week is going to be a busy one! :)

• Like 1

That's the same one I use. It's been quite informative, I also recommend that one.

1 hour ago, MichKen said:

Hi @kvh mine is also a 489 visa, also still waiting but have had VPO contact (see my timeline in my signature).  What is the position you are applying with?

Hi MichKen,

Mine's for Secondary School Teacher. I have NSW sponsorship. I had Case Officer (VPO?) contact before 21st Dec to request submission of medicals and PCC with my maiden name on it. A potential hurdle is that they need to contact my boys' dad for verification of his permission. He hasn't been contacted yet. My agent doesn't seem to be concerned yet.

Yours? State or family-sponsored? Occupation?

The waiting is tough.  Strength to you

K

• Like 1

@MichKen - sorry, I've just read your signature and see you're sponsored by South Australia... I also turned 45 last year (Sept) so was cutting it fine too.

#eish

*breathe in breathe out*

• Like 1

@kvh no worries yes state sponsored, with SA v2.0 as I call it, lol... I was wondering because I think availability impacts processing time somehow.  But if you have that complication of getting permission for the move from dad, I believe that does seem to sometimes make processing times longer (sorry to say) because of the verification.  But take comfort in knowing that it will happen!  If you are state sponsored 489 you have the priority level 3 which is good, means it's the same priority as the 190, so it shouldn't be too long now.

I believe Monday is a public holiday in South Australia... so if you are with the Adelaide processing center, I imagine they won't be open on Monday, much talk on Adelaide social media pages of a long weekend.   On the positive side, it seems like some movement on grants late last week on the various pages, so maybe the time is close now for us in the December group! ??

• Like 1

Hi @MichKen

It seems that SA, ACT, VIC & TAS are all on holiday today. But Brisbane is not effected for those going through that processing centre. 

QUESTION FOR THOSE THAT HAVE RECEIVED GRANTS: What time did the email come through. Specifically from GSM.BRISBANE? 

Thanks Everyone.

Hi @JJDLmoving, I have seen that the DIBP working hours are 08:00 to 16:00, so  it will be during those times, on their side. I have been tracking Adelaide times, so I can tell that in Adelaide that's 07:30 our time.  I think Brisbane is about 1 hour or so behind Adelaide.

Hope this helps, although it doesn't answer your question directly.

Hi @Michken

So to clarify you are saying that in SOUTH AFRICA @ 07:30hrs(Morning) people are receiving the grant emails. Is this correct? 

I know people get all worked up about this, but in my opinion your email will come when it does, and if you receive emails on a smart phone you will probably see it the moment it comes through, unless you are sleeping then. Otherwise, checking your email once a day, or twice a day if you're compulsive, should be fine. After all, there is nothing you are supposed to do when you receive it, except phone all your besties and tell them the good news(for you). ;) 

Ps Our email was time stamped something like 3am, so we woke up to it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the solid peptalk @RedPanda I really needed it :)

I was trying to understand if it will come in the middle of the night - hence i must STOP checking for it during the day :)

Thanks. 

• Like 2

Like RedPanda says, you will likely wake up to it, just I have noted that 07:30 our time is close of business for them, so if I have nothing by then, today is not the day.  I move on with my day after that.  So not at 07:30, by 07:30.

• Like 1

Hi Guys - I have started a topic (meet for coffee) - Please have a look! Would be great to meet some of you! 

I really dont get it - Practically all visas in the Jan / Feb 17 group have been granted. Why have all of ours not????

I totally get your frustration, but I guess we just have to try to wait here patiently and hope they will get to us soon.... it's tough but it will pass