Visas Lodged DECEMBER 2016

MvR89

Still no news... ☹️

Thanks for checking in @MichKen, appreciate it ?

How are all your plans going? Flights booked yet? 

All the best with your journey to Melbourne @Enigma, we're hoping to be there in June ??

• Like 2

Plans going ok, no flight booked yet; but we have set our date - well, more or less....First week in Decemberish...

They are sure taking their sweet time with you.... but you seem to be taking it in your stride.  Thinking of you!

• Like 1

Thanks so much @MichKen

That's great, so you'll be spending Christmas in Australia this year ? 

Yeah we're trying to keep busy  and stay positive. We're just grateful for this opportunity we have, especially with all the changes relating to visas lately. 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2017 at 5:44 PM, MichKen said:

My position is high availability on my States CSOL list, my visa type is a priority 3

Hi @MichKen

Congratulations on getting the grant!!  I imagine you are still reeling from the news.

How do you find out what the availability is on the different states?  And what do you mean by priority 3.

Thanks

42 minutes ago, Chezzy said:

That's great, so you'll be spending Christmas in Australia this year ? 

@Chezzy It's cool to a large extent, but also means that last Christmas was potentially our last in SA.... which is a sobering thought!  I will miss my mom!

I really hope you hear something soon because I know how difficult this waiting can be.... it takes a lot of patience.

@JulesR, thank you - I am still very much reeling from this amazing gift ? I am sponsored by South Australia, and on their skills list it indicates the availability of sponsorships in terms of high, medium and low.  In terms of priority 3, it's according to the DIBP website, a 190 and 489 which is state sponsored is a priority 3, while a 189 and 489 is priority 4.  if you search priority processing on the website you will see the table on this.  I will try to insert a link, but I'm not sure how to do that... so hope I get it right.

• Like 1

Thanks @MichKen!  The DIBP website is a wealth of information, but I'm still working my way through it so the link really helps.

Your comment about missing your mom strikes a real chord for me - it will be the hardest thing for me about leaving, if I am successful in getting a visa.  I know I won't be the first to go through that, and certainly won't be the last, but it doesn't make it any easier!  

• Like 1

@JulesR, as many good things that can come out of this decision the impact of this on our loved ones is a very real downside.

Hi Everyone 

@Chezzy - No news yet? We are all holding thumbs for you. 

@MichKen - Your comment about missing your mom - This is my biggest stumbling block at the moment. My wife is so close to her mom and she has already started mourning that she has to leave her. If it was up to me we would have already left. But she want to be with her as long as possible. She knows why we doing this and that it is for the best but the "leaving" is eating her up! Any thoughts on how i can better support her through this process?

Thanks.  

• Like 1

Hey @JJDLmoving, it's a rough one, and we will all deal with it differently... but what's working for me is that we plan to apply for her visitors visa before we leave so that I can look forward to her visiting me in my new home.  It will be a while before I can come back, but she can totally come to me - I'm thinking a few months at a time.

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

Still no news... ? 

Thanks for the support, we really appreciate it.

Trying not to think about it and carry on with life, but it's especially challenging now that we've moved in with my parents as our house was sold. We are ready to leave now, just need those visas! ?? On a positive note we get to spend time with my parents, and they're happy to be around the kids everyday, even though I'm sure it can be a bit much having 4 extra people in their space.

Hoping to share good news with you all soon! ??

• Like 3

@Chezzy it's only six days since your last post about waiting ;).  This time of year is slow for grants because some quotas have been reached.  It will gain pace again at the beginning of July.  Probably best to tell yourself its a minimum of 6 weeks still and then if it's earlier it will be a nice surprise. Perhaps you can plan some "last things" to do in RSA to give you some interim goals?

Edited by RYLC
  • Like 1

@Chezzy, waiting is the worst part... hope you get some feedback soon soon soon!

• Like 1

Actually I think our waiting reminded me of being heavily pregnant and just waiting and waiting for this baby to decide to come now.  I knew it was coming eventually but the waiting just seemed endless...  When I look back it was only 2 weeks extra but it felt like years at the time. Vasbyt and keep busy

• Like 3

We've been waiting for our 189 since November (6 months now). We did have an issue with the lung scan which added 8 weeks for the medical test results to come back. Turns out it was just a tiny bit of scar tissue just before the lungs (understandably they have to check these things). The last form we submitted was the medical declaration stating we would do a checkup in Australia within the first 4 weeks of arriving (that was sent to them in march). 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2017 at 2:14 PM, RYLC said:

it's only six days since your last post about waiting ;)u

LOL @RYLC , thanks Captain Obvious :P I've seen lots of people mentioning these quotas, not sure how it works though.

I guess I was just having a pity party that day... it's been 5 months since we've lodged so I think I'm entitled to one at least :unsure:

@MichKen , thanks for being such a great cheerleader :ilikeit: I trust things are well on your side.

@bcuz007 , I hope your visas come through soon! Seems we've both had some setbacks which have resulted in a delay in the processing of our visas. Ours is due to my daughter being born after lodging, and therefore having to add her onto our application, which sounds simpler to do than it was. We finally submitted my daughter's medical report on 4 April(same day as requested). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chezzy said:

Ours is due to my daughter being born after lodging,

Ah that explains the delay then...    I'm beginning to think that it was an advantage all those years ago being on the snail mail system when we applied - no checking possible so less stress in a way.  Hopefully it's not long for you now.

• 3 weeks later...

Its been a long wait but we finally got our grants today!

We must make entry to Australia before 28 August 2017 :o

Edited by bcuz007
additional info added
  • Like 4

Congratulations @bcuz007!! So I guess now you have to move quite quickly...

Congratulations @bcuz007!

So happy for you guys... It must be such a relief though! All the best for your plans further. Are you planning to move straight away or just an activation trip?

We seem to be about a month behind you guys in terms of delays, so fingers crossed we won't have to wait much longer ^_^

Thanks guys

We are planning to do an activation trip and look at Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne most probably end of July or beginning of August. Those cities seem to be the most job options for mechanical engineers. We had just sold our house, transfer is middle of this month. Busy moving into my parents house this weekend (items for shipping is going into storage next week). So getting the VISA on Friday was a big relief. I got advise from a colleague in Brisbane that once you have the PR you can start applying for jobs from South Africa as most of the companies use webex for interviews. So I'm going to start applying. 

I'm sure your grant is a matter of time Chezzy! 

• 3 weeks later...

The day has come...movers are here....home swiftly turning into a house as all possessions are packed away.

We move out of our home june 30 and into rental for remainder of family's stay.

We will put stuff in storage which we will then ship prob Oct/Nov 2017.

I do hope veryone is well in the group otherwise.

• Like 2