Visas Lodged DECEMBER 2016

MvR89

@RussellJ I literally got goose flesh reading your post!  That is so awesome, the real adventure starts now, and I wish you all the best for the move.  When do you guys fly out?

• Like 1

@MichKen yup regarding adventure..this is like a shot in the arm kapow...its all happening...quite a thing really...its going to be even more real for the kids when they get back from school amd there are towers of boxes in the house!

Thanks very much...family will fly out in dec/early jan...I ill be probably be on my way begin September or end September. 

How are your plans going? 

• Like 1

@RussellJ our timeline is almost the same! Hubby leaving end August/ early September and for the kids and I, our flights booked for 01 December.  Even my dog will be there before me, lol!

• Like 1

Awesome! 

Lol..doggie jetsetter.

Day 1 done and dusted...

Its like test match cricket..

• Like 1

On 29/12/2016 at 2:41 PM, JJDLmoving said:

@JonathanR - Thanks for the reply. 

We are agentless which has been very stressful but more affordable. :huh: 

I have looked at the form 80! Quite a detailed form indeed... 

I will search for the HAP ID threads. I am a little stressed about this as my daughter is ADHD, special needs school and on hectic meds! I am also type 2 diabetic but this is pretty much under control. 

Anyway - one day at a time and counting all our blessings at this time! I have faith that the lord will lead my family down the right path! 

All the best!

Hi im new to this site.... i also have a chronic illness but its under control(lupus)if u dont mind how did yo medical go...

• 2 weeks later...

@Chezzy, thinking about you and haven't heard / seen anything from you recently so I assume you are still waiting ever so patiently.... if so, I am really hoping that you will be waking up to that wonderful "finalised" and granted status on Monday morning now that July has finally arrived!  We will surely all be celebrating with you!!

• Like 2

Bless you @MichKen, thanks for being so thoughtful ?

So still no news, but reading through some of the other threads I believe the DIBP are on a bit of a break, so next week should bring more visa grants, & hopefully ours will be amongst those ??

How is everyone's plans coming along? Anyone leaving this month or left already? Do stay in touch ??

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well after experiencing the efficiency at the RTM in Castle Hill...can't see how I will ever go back to handling RSA government departments *eish*.

They did ask for RSA RTMC letter confirming drivers licence which I thankfully had...so be warned.

I took passport, drivers card, rtmc letter and commonwealth bank card but I would also suggest proof of residence, possibly from bank...so do bank account first.

Should get licence in the post soon!

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up @RussellJ!  Hope you are settling in well?

• Like 1

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎24 at 5:34 PM, RussellJ said:

Well after experiencing the efficiency at the RTM in Castle Hill...can't see how I will ever go back to handling RSA government departments *eish*.

They did ask for RSA RTMC letter confirming drivers licence which I thankfully had...so be warned.

I took passport, drivers card, rtmc letter and commonwealth bank card but I would also suggest proof of residence, possibly from bank...so do bank account first.

Should get licence in the post soon!

@RussellJ Sounds effortless great stuff man... How did you go about getting that RTMC letter from our friends at the Traffic department?, Trying to keep myself busy while we on the conveyor belt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueBaboon said:

How did you go about getting that RTMC letter from our friends at the Traffic department?

http://www.dirco.gov.za/consular/drivers_license.htm

I did this via email yesterday, emailed the addresses below and they sent me a response saying it will be ready for collection on monday and that I can send a courier to collect. 

Process to follow

Request the Road Traffic Management Corporation (RTMC) (in writing) for a printout and Confirmation Letter of your drivers licence. Your request must include your contact details (including fax number), a copy of your ID and a copy of your drivers licence.

E-mail: 
Info@rtmc.co.za
tshwarelom@rtmc.co.za
davidm@rtmc.co.za
rhodad@rtmc.co.za

• Like 3

On 7/4/2017 at 9:30 AM, Chezzy said:

How is everyone's plans coming along? Anyone leaving this month or left already? Do stay in touch ??

We are doing an activation trip from 3rd -20th of August :D. Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. I have already had a job interview on skype and hopefully will set up another interview in Australia. We booked our accomodation through airbnb. Opened a bank account with commonwealth which we will activate in Sydney at the same time. One thing you need to get is a tax clearance certificate from SARS to open a bank account (they require it) as well as passport etc. which is quite easily done on the e-filing website.

• Like 1

Thanks so much @bcuz007, will be on it like white on rice, something to keep my mind off the waiting hahah

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally the day has come for us to celebrate! 266 days later, but we have our visas and will be in Melbourne soon! 🙌🏼🍾

• Like 10

Yay, yay, yay, yay, yay!!!!

Best news in months!

so happy for you, congratulations @Chezzy!!

when do you land?

• Like 1

Thanks so much for all the support!

We have to activate our visas by 15 December(1 year from lodging), I would like to leave immediately as we're currently staying at a local Airbnb, however my husband first wants to sort out some things and start applying for jobs, so not sure at this stage but we will be there this year! 

So so happy I can't stop smiling! Felt like this day would never come, especially since we'd already sold our house and belongings, but what a relief!

• Like 1

I'm sure it must feel surreal!  I can remember I felt like I was walking on a cloud all day - the very embodiment of elation!  Must be even more so after such a loooooooooong wait.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2017 at 7:25 PM, MichKen said:

I'm sure it must feel surreal!  I can remember I felt like I was walking on a cloud all day - the very embodiment of elation!  Must be even more so after such a loooooooooong wait.

All going ok your end @MichKen 😊

• Like 1

Hello @RussellJ! Yes all going well, getting everything ready for the big move across the ocean :D

how are you doing????

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on the forum for some time, so much has been happening with planning etc. I hope you're all well?

Today is the day we leave for Melbourne, Australia 🎉✈️🇦🇺👨‍👩‍👧‍👦

We've waited so long for this day, and yet here I am waking up all emotional and sad to think that I won't be seeing my family and friends for a very long time. Building up to this day all I felt was excitement for our new adventure, new beginnings...

Today is an emotional day, but I know we're making the best decision for our family and soon the excitement will build up again.

To all of you, thank you for your kind words and support along this journey. WE DID IT!

• Like 6

I have just opened an account commonwealth bank, NetBank online from here south Africa. I can see on the letter that they sent me that I should bring passport, welcome letter and tax residency details once I am in Austraulia.

what is that tax residency details? How do I obtain it and from whom? Thank you for your help. Going end of January to Adelaide.