Visas Lodged DECEMBER 2016

MvR89

Hey all, 

Have been "spying" on this thread as we were also selected for invitation in Dec 2016, and more importantly have been feeling all the same anxiety as a lot of the group because of the slow response time/status updates from IMMI. 

We were granted our 190 visa this morning; its taking some time to sink in! For us its been a 14 month process, with 4 of those months (from Dec > April) being the worst. 

All the best for the applications that are in progress!

Edited by quinno
  • Like 5

Welcome, to our group!  @quinnoand CONGRATULATIONS!!

would you mind sharing your timeline?

I am shaking like a leaf......

Visas granted!

checked at 6:00, nothing....

checked at 07:00 finalised!

THANK THE GOOD LORD!! What a wonderful day!

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, MichKen said:

Visas granted!

congratulations!!!!!!!!!! That day does come! Really really enjoy the moment! Don't think about your next steps just give this moment the joy it deserves. #dance #jiggle #jump

PM your email so I can send a pic of my promised celebratory drink!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MichKen said:

Visas granted!

Awesome news - Congratulations. That is fantastic. Enjoy the moment. I find myself checking my visa grant letters every month - it is awesome to read them and know that we will soon be in Australia.

• Like 2

Yayayayayay. Best news and brilliant timing. Congrats! Your adventure starts... do you need to activate this year? What are your plans!?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, FingersCrossed said:

Awesome news - Congratulations. That is fantastic. Enjoy the moment. I find myself checking my visa grant letters every month - it is awesome to read them and know that we will soon be in Australia.

ditto about the checking of grant letters again and again lol!!

• Like 2

Oh that is just fantastic news!!

A heartfelt congratulations to you @MichKen!!! ?

Super happy for you! Woohoo! ???????

Do enjoy the moment, and keep us posted as to what your plans are further. Thanks for always being supportive & positive for all of us! Well done! Another victory for our group, so chuffed for you right now ? Doing the happy dance with you ?? 

• Like 2

Fabulous news @MichKen

Enjoy this very special day. Guess I will be having two glasses of wine this evening to celebrate with you and Kevin.

• Like 1

It's such a surreal moment!  I keep thinking it was a dream, but getting the official email from our agents brought it home!

We have to enter by 14 December, which is our PCC date.

@Chezzy, thank you for the lovely words! I really appreciate them!

@RussellJ, I will be waiting for those pictures ??

@kvh, we plan to move this year, once Matric finals are done; I want my daughter to start grade 9 there in January. My son will register at TAFESA until he qualifies for local university fees.

but.... for now we dwell on this amazing gift!

Congrats @MichKen, I am so looking forward to that feeling. 

Why must you enter on 14 december? What do you mean by your PCC date? Thought you have a year to activate

• Like 1

@Karools you get an initial entry date by which time you must have entered Australia.  It's usually the earlier of your police clearance certificate or your medical (12 months from these dates).  You don't have to move by then but you need to have activated the visa by entering the country by then.

Hi @MichKen

That is really wonderful news!!!!!! 

Interigation time :) : 

You said you looked at 6am - nothing; 7am - finalised. was this in your immiaccount status? 

Also did you or your agent contact / try to contact DIBP to enquire about the status of the visa at any point recently? 

Well done again!!!! Great timing :o

• Like 1

Hi @JJDLmoving,

I would have have been disappointed if there was not one ?

Correct - my immiaccount status changed during that hour, which was a shock as I hade reached my usual "not today" conclusion at 06:00.  My agent only advised me at 10ish and I didn't let on that I already knew ?.

My agent said they would contact them to follow up about 2 weeks ago, but I don't know if they did or if that would make any difference.

In terms of timing, i have a theory.... I actually said to my husband earlier this week that I expected it today because first - today was 8 weeks; second - I calculated the number of working days from contact 1 to contact 2 and that was exactly 40 working days.  Today was 40 working days.  This was working off the premise that they work cyclically.  So, whatever algorithm determined my queue place, I think somehow placed me on that kind of 40 day rotation.  My position is high availability on my States CSOL list, my visa type is a priority 3.... so I'm not sure how or if that impacted, but in my theory, it may.

I hope this gives you something to go on?  I know you mentioned you are with Brisbane, mine was processed by Adelaide office.  VPO-wise, I had a Sophie first, a Lisa second and it was a Sarah who granted today.  So it's not the same person each time.

All the best and I am praying for you and @Chezzy to get finalised soon soon!

• Like 1

Hi everyone. I am SO SO SO SO overjoyed to let you all know that we woke up this morning to those golden emails we have been so desperately waiting for. 

The timing could not be more appropriate. Tonight is the start of the Jewish Passover. The festival of FREEDOM from slavery. This is so similar in many ways to what we are all going through in SA right now!

"LET MY PEOPLE GO" :)

• Like 4

Ah @JJDLmoving, that is SUCH!!! Amazing!!!! news!!! I am so very, very happy for you!  Perfect time for you to celebrate such a victory!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

• Like 2

congratulations @jjdlmoving on your grants. May your way forward be just as enjoyable and fruitful.

• Like 1

Congrats @JJDLmoving

Treasure this time of excitement and relief.

Oh wonderful news @JJDLmoving! CONGRATULATIONS! ? 

I bet you can't stop smiling right now ? So happy for you! 

God's timing is always perfect!

Thanks so much for the support everyone. Our time will come... ??

• Like 1

Congratulations @JJDLmoving!!  Great to see movement in this thread after such a long bit of silence. 

Wishing all the best in their respective journeys.  From here on out probably going to be online a lot less but will check-in after landing in Melbourne and semi-settled.  Flying out the 22nd May - not long to go now!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...