Visas Lodged DECEMBER 2016

MvR89

Interesting! my daughter is in Gr8 as well. My son is in Matric so no matter what we can't move before his finals are done.

Question: on the visa does it say valid from and to? Also the activation date is specified? I have read mixed information on this.  Happy dance away, you can happy dance again with your sis! "Dance like no one is watching" ?

• Like 1

Congratulations @kvh! Awesome news!

All the best with your activation trip and planning ahead, do keep us posted!

If I may ask, what is a 489 visa? We're awaiting 190 State Sponsorship from Victoria.

So good to have movement within our group again ??

7 hours ago, MichKen said:

Question: on the visa does it say valid from and to?

I had also received mixed responses to this @MichKen... dm me your email address and I'll forward my letter to you. But basically: valid til 24 Mar 2021 with entry before 29 Nov 2017. So 4 yrs from approval date, not from activation date. And entry before PCC expires. I think that's right; I have brain fog from lack of sleep and over-thinking ?

Edited by kvh
  • Like 1

So from your info, you need to activate by visiting or moving by 29 Nov 2017. If you only activated by that date then you have until 24 March 2021 to make your final move to Oz.

I know 2 families who only flew in on that final date. Really cutting it fine!!! And no room for delayed flights !!!

Thanks @kvh, will send you the message now.  I also have heard mixed feedback on this, so will be good to know for sure.

@Chezzy, ours (489) is a provisional regional skilled visa similar to the 190, but due to insufficient points for a 190, we get 10 points from state sponsorship but with the undertaking that we settle in a regional (or low population) area, it is also not immediately PR, but we can qualify for PR once we have honored the visa conditions to live, work and study in a regional / low population area for 2 years. The visa is only valid for 4 years so we have to meet the visa conditions in that 4 years if we want to get to PR.  Cost of our visa is exactly the same as yours; the points test is exactly the same too.

Once we have PR we are free to move where we want and apply for citizenship once we qualify like all other PR visa types.

• Like 3

Congratulations @kvh

Hope you have some champagne doing your happy dance. 

Oh wow, thanks for the detailed response @MichKen... Same same but different... 

Well let's pray it's not long to go for us now, each case is different and therefore the timelines are always just an indication of what to expect, but we live in hope and faith...

Have a wonderful week ahead! ?

Enjoy the celebrations @kvh!

• Like 1

Congratulations @kvh

I'm sorry if I missed anyone else along the way but heartfelt congrats to all that have got their grants thus far.

@MichKen when your's comes through I'll prob have a celebratory drink for you!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MichKen said:

Interesting! my daughter is in Gr8 as well. My son is in Matric so no matter what we can't move before his finals are done.

Question: on the visa does it say valid from and to? Also the activation date is specified? I have read mixed information on this.  Happy dance away, you can happy dance again with your sis! "Dance like no one is watching" ?

Keep dancing @MichKen

I received my grant 3 months ago and I am still dancing around. cannot wait to make the final move there.

• Like 1

Hi @kvh

That is such awesome news! Well done. Exciting to see another getting in :)

You must dance (happy dance) like you have never danced before!!!! 

Dont forget to update the "table" with your visa grant dates, etc. 

All the best!

......we are at 4 months since lodging today....

Thanks @Kevin, your perseverance is certainly an inspiration!

• Like 1

Hi Guys 

The beginning of a new week & new month - New Hope!!! 

Hang in there and let us know if there is anything positive. 

its now three and a half months since our submission!

Thanks

• Like 2

@JJDLmoving may that be so!  I have a good feeling that this will be your week!

• Like 2

with the downgrade official...to the families still in the waiting room, take a look back and see how far ahead you are of those who will only wake up to the realities of that downgrade and its impact and who will begin the process now.

We are with you all in this game of patience.

I've got my cider chilled for our celebration @MichKen

#decGroupHug

• Like 4

It's truly heartbreaking to be witnessing this... the words of Elton Johns song "it's sad, it's sad, it's a sad, sad situation...." keep ringing in my ears.

Thank Heaven we are in the waiting room with a strong chance, rather than in the queues who will be following, desperate for a lifeline.  This is the reality and many won't have anywhere to go.

Thanks @RussellJ, we hope this celebration will come sooner rather than later, especially now.  Thanks for your encouragement!

#decgrouphug back to you all (I like that one ?)

• Like 2

So we received our daughter's HAP ID this morning, and it had me doing the dance of joy!(practice for when we get our grant)

No visas just yet, but another step in the right direction, and we're just so grateful to have received correspondence again.

We've managed to secure an appointment for the medical at midday today, so will keep you all posted.

Definitely going to be a good month for all of us! :ilikeit:

#decGroupHug #lovinit :D

• Like 4

That is fantastic news @Chezzy, I'm doing a happy dance for you!!! Praying all goes well with your medical today!

• Like 1

Hey @Chezzy 

That is amazing! Well done!!! Holding thumbs and waiting to hear good news from you! 

YAY!!!

Thanks for the support everyone ?

Our daughter's medical went smoothly, all 5 minutes of it! The lovely doctor also uploaded the assessment this afternoon, so our application is now at last complete, woohoo!

Not long to go now... ???? 

• Like 2

@Chezzy that's great to hear! Hopefully we will be celebrating another successful Visa application again very soon!

• Like 1

Oh, guys, I feel for you... But I think at least we're all in the system now. I think the applications are going to double / treble with the loss of Gordhan and the junk status. Remind yourselves that you had the foresight to do this last year, and that you're ahead of the pack.

Conversation with my ex about timing of the move went extremely well yesterday. He's even offering to help with money, which I totally didn't expect. Now to attack the pages & pages of lists... :)

Thinking of you all (esp, @MichKen, @Chezzy & @JJDLmoving). Holding thumbs.

Big hugs, K

• Like 2

On 27/03/2017 at 6:02 AM, MichKen said:

Question: on the visa does it say valid from and to? Also the activation date is specified? I have read mixed information on this.

Two dates will be provided

"Must Make First Entry to Australia Before" - you must have cleared immigration in Australia by this date to validate/activate the visa

"Must not Arrive After" this is the expiry date of the visa 

On 27/03/2017 at 1:15 PM, kvh said:

And entry before PCC expires. I think that's right; I have brain fog from lack of sleep and over-thinking ?

It is not necessarily related to the PCC (although often is) - it can be other factors so check the date on the visa.

• Like 2