Visas Lodged DECEMBER 2016

MvR89

It is comforting to know there are people out there going through the same emotions as me. Thank you.

Take care all and keep sharing. One way to stay sane through this process. Given that we have not told anyone other than our parents, this can feel very lonely.

I spend a lot of time visualizing the end goal. It inevitably involves looking out at the ocean from a Melbourne beach, with a really good bottle of wine, my husband, my kids and a few special friends ...... ;)

• Like 3

Hi Everyone,

I would like to humbly inform of our 189 Visa being granted this morning.

Still reeling from it to be honest, all happened so quickly. 

Unending gratitude to our agent Stephen Dickson @SD_MOA who was superb throughout.

Wishing everyone the best on their journey...God Speed! #YouAreCloserThanYouThink

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, MichKen said:

Congratulations!!! Superb news!

Thanks @MichKen, I have no doubt you will be updating us soon!

Edited by RussellJ
  • Like 1

Awesome news @RussellJ. Nice to see some movement in our group again.

• Like 1

@MichKen yes, I was amazingly fortunate enough to receive a direct grant.

@JonathanR thanks very much. Indeed, I am predicting an avalanche of grants for all in our group!!

• Like 1

From your mouth to Gods ears!!

Well done! I am sure it must be a massive relief and such an avalanche of emotion!

• Like 1

Congrats @RussellJ

Wow, that was quick. Fantastic.

• Like 1

Hi all. Hope you are doing well :) 

Just updating the group quick.... Feel free to add/change if incorrect. Holding thumbs for everyone else and hoping for some more good news soon! 

Congrats @RussellJ on your direct grant, as well as @JJDLmoving on your application - Good luck and all the best!

Take care 

NAME             VISA APPLICATION DATE           VPO CONTACT                      ADDITIONAL DOCS REQUESTED                        VISA GRANTED

MvR89                 01/12/2016 - SC189                          n/a                                                               n/a                                                      21/12/2016

JonathanR           02/12/2016 - SC190                    12/12/2016                                                    Medicals                                                      tbc

MichKen              02/12/2016 - SC489                     12/12/2016                              PCC, Medicals, Employment Evidence                            tbc

Chezzy                14/12/2016 - SC190                           tbc                                                                tbc                                                          tbc

RussellJ              23/12/2016 - SC189                           n/a                                                                n/a                                                    16/01/2017

JJDLmoving        28/12/2016 - SC??                             tbc                                                                tbc                                                          tbc

Edited by MvR89
  • Like 1

Hi Everyone ! Wow this is a small group for Dec! 

Thank you so much MvR89! Holding thumbs everything will go smoothly. BTW we are on a 189 visa too. 

A few questions: 

1. How long after you click arrange medicals, do you have to have the medicals completed? Is there a time limit? 
  2. What is the current average waiting time to be assigned a CO? I know there are many on the group lodged before me... just trying to understand and to get everything done to be ready for direct grant. G-D willing! 

This waiting is a killer!!!

Hi @JJDLmoving, from what i understood from our agents you have 28 days once your VPO requests this to submit all documents in support of Visa Application on the checklist they send you.

Thanks @MichKen

Finally been assigned a VPO. I got the email from them this morning. 

A few questions... Maybe those that have gone before me can answer these?

1. Are the VPO's responsive? If i email them with a question for clarity will they reply? 
  2. They have requested from my wife - "Evidence of Employment - Financial Evidence" what is this? I cant send them payslips of every month for 10 years. Thats 120 +- pages. 
  3. They ask for Immigration Health Examinations - Is this just because it has not yet been uploaded by Dr? They will do this right?

Thats all for now! Thanks in advance. 

JJ

@JJDLmoving

For Question 2- I had to supplied proof that I worked for the years I specified. I did this by submitted IRP5's and such which I got from the SARS website. I also included 2 payslips per year along with the IRP5. This seemed to be ok - I am sure other people on this forum will be able to confirm this;

For Question 3 - yes the Dr will upload your medicals when you go for them.

• Like 1

Hi @JJDLmoving

As I understand they discourage communication with the VPO, I think there is a message to this sort on the Immiaccount website. I suppose you can try though but not sure if you will hear anything back.

in terms of employment evidence the more evidence you send, the better! Send 500 pages if needs be.... I sent 3 payslips per year, in addition I also sent IRP5, tax returns, tax assessments and bank statements for each year I was claiming points for.  I also sent any increase letters, appointment letters, bonus letters I could find in my records.  You can also send pension/provident fund statements I believe; but essentially you should send as much as possible.

Yes, the doctor will upload the details of the medicals.

• Like 1

Hi @JJDLmoving

I also send 1-2 payslips per year and SARS IRP5 or IT12 (If I have that form number right?) The SARS docs are nice because they cover an entire year. 

If the Doc has not uploaded in a couple of days after going for the medicals then I would prod them a bit, I have heard of people going for their medicals only to find they were the last patient before the Doc went on leave for a week and only did the uploads when they got back. 

Please be aware that I am still waiting for a Grant so this is just what I have submitted and my agent recommended.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JonathanR said:

I also send 1-2 payslips per year and SARS IRP5 or IT12 (If I have that form number right?) The SARS docs are nice because they cover an entire year. 

Yeah I agree with @JonathanR and with @MichKen - you need to  provide enough evidence that they dont want to query anything and thus delay the decision in getting your visa. 

• Like 1

Congrats on the the baby Chezzy. My wife's 8 weeks pregnant with our second. We received our Visa grant letter yesterday, still unsure where to have the baby.

After all the requested docs were in, it took less than a week to get the letter. Sure you'll get your letter soon.

Does anyone know what to with the visa grant letter? Is there still something to do in regards to passport etc?

• Like 3

Congratulations @Gerhard11, it's wonderful to hear about Visa grants; that is very quick!  Well done!

• Like 1

A bit late to the party, but hey

NAME             VISA APPLICATION DATE           VPO CONTACT                      ADDITIONAL DOCS REQUESTED                        VISA GRANTED

MvR89                 01/12/2016 - SC189                          n/a                                                               n/a                                                      21/12/2016

JonathanR           02/12/2016 - SC190                    12/12/2016                                                    Medicals                                                      tbc

MichKen              02/12/2016 - SC489                     12/12/2016                              PCC, Medicals, Employment Evidence                            tbc

Chezzy                14/12/2016 - SC190                           tbc                                                                tbc                                                          tbc

RussellJ              23/12/2016 - SC189                           n/a                                                                n/a                                                    16/01/2017

Enigma                23/12/2016 - SC190                           n/a                                     PCC, Medicals, Employment Evidence, De Facto           tbc

JJDLmoving        28/12/2016 - SC??                             tbc                                                                tbc                                                          tbc

I take comfort in the fact that the two granted VISA's above are in priority order as stated on the DIBP site.  Wishing us all the best in our futures.

A huge thank you to @SD_MOA for his assistance in this process

• Like 2

Here is an update from me... I hope i have done this the correct way 

MvR89                 01/12/2016 - SC189                          n/a                                                               n/a                                                      21/12/2016

Enigma                23/12/2016 - SC190                           n/a                                     PCC, Medicals, Employment Evidence, De Facto           tbc

JJDLmoving        28/12/2016 - SC189                    23/01/2017                   PCC, Medicals, Employment Evidence, Husband english          tbc

Edited by JJDLmoving
Update
  • Like 1

Congrats to all of you who received your grants, wow, so exciting!

Thanks @Gerhard11, and congrats on your pregnancy and all the best with that! I would definitely have the baby in Australia if I had the option, just makes it easier and cheaper! 

Our little girl is almost 3 weeks old now, and between her, our 3 year old son, and trying to get admin together for this visa has been crazy, but it will all be worth it in the end, fingers crossed!

So we received contact from our VPO on 13 January, requesting our Medicals. We managed to get a booking on Tuesday this week and all went well, just waiting for the results from my son's TB test which we're going back for tomorrow. 

Also still awaiting our daughter's passport so that we can upload the form 1022 to add her onto our application and then get her HAP number and do her medical check.

In the interim, we've also completed Form 80 & 1221 for both myself and my husband(main applicant), and a letter & transcripts from my high school & University as proof of functional English.

So our update looks like this:

MvR89                 01/12/2016 - SC189                          n/a                                                               n/a                                                      21/12/2016

Chezzy                14/12/2016 - SC190                      13/01/2017                                                   Medicals                                                      tbc

JJDLmoving        28/12/2016 - SC189                    23/01/2017                   PCC, Medicals, Employment Evidence, Husband english          tbc

• Like 1

At 2 out of 7 granted so far and February fast approaching, I hope we start to see some movement in our little December group (and in the other earlier groups that are still waiting) in the coming weeks... especially now all their public holidays are done and the year should now gain momentum.

For us it's 3 weeks on Monday since our response to VPO that all required documents are uploaded.  It seems on average to be between 3 and 6 weeks after that, that one will get the next contact from the VPO (which hopefully is a grant).

I have also read that 489 Visa is priority 3, wondering if this is correct?  My position is also tagged as "high availability" on my states list... (all this is just to reassure myself that they will get to me soon ?? patience is not my strong point.)

.... on this note and just out of interest, I was looking around on immitracker and saw one guy from India had 12 different VPOs contact him over a period of nearly a year requesting what he termed "everything under the sun" :o that's crazy!  But it made me think that perhaps they just work down a checklist and when they hit a snag, they stop processing further and request that evidence?  Then the next... etc. Or on the other hand perhaps the guy just didn't understand the concept of sufficient evidence.  Either way, it gave me hope that they won't just decline an application because they're missing information, that tells me they are thorough (and patient... because I suspect it was the latter) :rolleyes: 

Anyway, happy waiting everyone!

• Like 2

@MichKen, Here's a +1 for your hope :)

I signed and offer on my house this weekend and will have to be out 31st March, so the question is, do I look for rentals in SA or Aus? Hoping it is Australia... This just got real.

• Like 3