189/190's Lodged August 2016

ChrisH

We've lodged our visa (489) on 09/08/2016 and CO made contact on  01/09/ 2016 requesting more information which we submitted on the very same day. We're using an agent, last week Wednesday I  sent an email to GSM Brisbane but only to get an automated response. It's 62days today, so frustrating. 

• Like 1

Its so hard to read about how many others are still waiting too :( 

Some of you have been waiting longer but im sure everything will happen soon as we are all in that 3 month stretch now pretty much so we should hopefully know sooner than later ;) 

I just wish they had a better process of communicating or updating you once they have your document and when they were actually working on the application etc :wacko:

• Like 1

Who do you actually mail?  All the communication has been between our agent and the CO so I wouldn't know who to email.

2 minutes ago, ChrisH said:

Who do you actually mail?  All the communication has been between our agent and the CO so I wouldn't know who to email.

GSM Adelaide
OFFICE:70 Franklin Street Adelaide SA 5000
POSTAL:GPO Box 2399 Adelaide SA 5000
EMAIL: gsm.allocated@border.gov.au WEBSITE: www.border.gov.au

I decided to send an email this morning and this was the reply i got...

cid:image001.png@01D1F170.7E4BC0E0

Most people find the information they need by reading this email

You will not receive a further reply for:

-          Questions about the status of your visa application

-          Confirmation that documents have been received

-          Enquiries that do not relate to a current GSM visa application, or

-          Questions addressed by this automatic response

We aim to review visa applications within 6 weeks of requesting further information.  Any queries received will be addressed when the application is reviewed.

How do I provide documents or update my information?

ImmiAccount is the best way to provide documents and update your information, and visa applications are usually processed quickest when documents are provided via ImmiAccount Please do not email us when you attach documents to ImmiAccount.

You can also use ImmiAccount to:

-          Apply for a bridging visa

-          Access the My Health Declarations service

-          Import a paper application (service available for certain visa subclasses only)

-          Attach documents to an online or imported paper application

-          Check the progress of an online or imported paper application

-          Update application details online

-          Update your passport or address

-          Notify of incorrect information in your application

Authorising electronic correspondence

Changes to the application form on 1 June 2016 have led to some clients inadvertently requesting not to be contacted electronically. If you wish to authorise electronic correspondence, or update your authorised contact details, please provide one of the following forms viaImmiAccount:

-          Form 1193 if you wish to receive correspondence electronically

-          Form 956 to appoint or withdraw a migration agent

-          Form 956A to appoint or withdraw an authorised recipient

Allocation dates and application status

Click here to check allocation dates

Status enquiries will not receive a reply.

Most clients who lodge complete applications will have their applications are processed within published service standards; however, actual processing times for individual applications may vary due to a range of factors.

FAQs

Obtaining a Police Clearance Certificate

Organising your Health Examination

Including family members in your application

Withdrawing your GSM application

Applying for a bridging visa

Using VEVO to view your visa status and conditions

For general enquiries please visit our website at border.gov.au

Important Notice: The content of this email is intended only for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email by mistake, please advise the sender and delete the message and attachments immediately.  This email, including attachments, may contain confidential, sensitive, legally privileged and/or copyright information.  

Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  DIBP respects your privacy and has obligations under the Privacy Act 1988.  

Unsolicited commercial emails MUST NOT be sent to the originator of this email.

Yeah which is strange because you wouldn't know unless you sent them an email :lol:

So lets see if they reply and if they dont then no skin off my back ;)  

At least i feel like i have done something because ive done nothing for the past 56 days when i confirmed that our medicals were uploaded

Priority group 4 are 189 visa's that have gone through skill select.  They apparently get priority over other visa's (if I understand it correctly).  I feel utterly defeated, I check my immi account everyday, only for it to reflect no change.  I know I am still within the "3 month" window, but I really truly believed we would of been approved by now....  Or lease expires at the end of December, I was really hoping not having to renew it.   Oh well...

• Like 1

I was just thinking this morning it's been a while since I've seen any 189 visas being approved on this forum.  I see visas approved on the Facebook pages almost on a daily basis so they are definitely moving along.

Edited by ChrisH
  • Like 1

I have just noticed something and i dont know if anyone else has seen this as all?

On Immitracker i have noticed that people who are in the IT Industry have been getting very quick grants and i was under the impression that once you get an ITA then they dont work on Skill or Points etc?

This makes me think otherwise because i have been noticing a trend within the IT sector and then the Healthcare (like nurses etc) 

Immitracker IT.png

Seems more like it is for more recent applications, I'm under Software Engineer occupation code with 80 points and I'm still waiting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisH said:

Seems more like it is for more recent applications, I'm under Software Engineer occupation code with 80 points and I'm still waiting.

Thats what i can see...

Mainly new applications but if you take a look they have always been decided on very quick compared to others so not sure why -_-

I am looking at 190 applications here so cant comment on the 189 side ;) 

Correct me if I missed anything, but this seems to be our current (sad) August situation:

Lodged

Granted

MonTage

2016-08-09

2016-09-06

Dorasi

2016-08-09

JoVincent

2016-08-12

Kevin

2016-08-19

Sharlene

2016-08-25

Deezo

2016-08-26

ChrisH

2016-08-29

• Like 2

You can update mine: Granted date 2016-10-17.

Ya it does seem to be really slow for majority of August lodgers. I am seeing a lot on facebook of people waiting a long time, almost at their 3 months.

Really crossing fingers for some more grants this week...

• Like 1

Lodged

Granted

Work days

MonTage

2016-08-09

2016-09-06

Dorasi

2016-08-09

JoVincent

2016-08-12

2016-10-17

Kevin

2016-08-19

Sharlene

2016-08-25

Deezo

2016-08-27

ChrisH

2016-08-29

• Like 4

Thanks for the article @Deezo, it was an interesting read!

And then on a lighter note, I just watched this video, and it really made me laugh;

http://www.sunnyskyz.com/happy-videos/5222/2-Guys-Pretending-To-Be-Pro-Golfers-For-Australia-Played-In-The-North-Korean-Open#84iD8Aiu8FTZabid.01

• Like 2

I woke up this morning to no news on my emails... as usual and both my wife and i had this feeling of doubt and sadness with all that is going on in the USA and SA and how this would impact us going forward.

I decided to message my wife and see if she was OK and just after sending my last message telling her how much i love her and that we need to remain strong for each other and then it happened!!!!!!

VISA GRANTED!!!!!! :D:o

At 7.30am i received two emails confirming that our Visas were GRANTED!!

Thank you to our loving God for listening to our prayers and to each and every person on this forum for all the guidance, support and place-of-safety during this process!

:yourock:

Now to plan the next steps and to break the news to our family and friends who haven't been told about our plans :wacko:

• Like 6

Congratulations @Deezo !!!! What wonderful news to get first thing in the morning. Very happy for you and your wife!

Good luck with the informing of family & friends, work etc. It is tough, but keep strong, and keep the reasons at the forefront of your mind. It isn't hard to do with all that's going on in the country/world.

But most importantly just enjoy the feeling of being done with this chapter.

@ChrisH I see from your table you are 2 days behind Deezo, so maybe Saturday morning for you! (Yes, I've actually heard of people getting their visa grants on a weekend, so it does seem to happen). Or even better today or tomorrow.

• Like 1

Ah Congratulations Deezo, your patience paid off!!

Good luck with the family, that is one of my biggest emotional mountains as well

Holding thumbs for the rest!

• Like 1