189/190's Lodged August 2016

ChrisH

Congrats @ Sharlene

We both have something to celebrate tonight, also got our grants this morning!

Lodged

Granted

Work days

Waynec26

2016-08-08

2016-12-15

MonTage

2016-08-09

2016-09-06

Dorasi

2016-08-09

2017-01-30

JoVincent

2016-08-12

2016-10-17

Kevin

2016-08-19

Sharlene

2016-08-25

2017-02-02

Deezo

2016-08-27

2016-11-10

ChrisH

2016-08-29

2016-11-11

@Kevin I can smell a grant! 

• Like 1

Congratulations to all those that have just received their VISA's!

• Like 2

Gongrats to those who got their grants. @Kevin yours is on the way, I have been seeing August people getting grants. Just hang in there. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone.  So status update from our side. We have been in Melbourne for 3 weeks already and all I can say is.... we should of done this way sooner. Aus is great so far. 

Since ariving we have found an apartment, bought all essentials while waiting for our stuff to arrive, worked out the tram and train systems, dis medicare and TFN and then finally today i was offered a position. Funny thing is, as a CA, I thought my best chance of employment would be one of the big accounting firms.  Not so it seems. I was offered a role ag a smaller firm, but at a much bettet salary that the big guys were willing to pay ?.  All in all, everyonr will love it here.  @kevin your grant is on the way buddy. 

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys, we've been in Queanbeyan Nsw for 3 weeks. Everything is going well (schools, banks, drivers licenses, TFN etc). My husband got a job before we moved to Australia(he's a Diesel mechanic). Life is good here, we're in love with our town. 

I hope everyone's got their visas. 

• Like 1

Thanks for checking up, @ChrisH. Sadly, we haven't heard anything as yet. I wish that DIBP would communicate more openly.

@Dorasi, well done on settling in so quickly :). My profession will keep me near the large cities, but I like the idea of living in a smaller town.

Edited by Kevin
grammar gremlins
  • Like 2

Gosh I am sorry @Kevin that you have not had a grant, or any communication from DIBP, I can't imagine how frustrating and stressful it must be. Stay strong.

We leave for Australia tonight...this is the hardest thing I've ever done (and we're not even done yet) emotionally, it's so tough. Every chapter comes with it's stress and emotions. Praying for a smooth journey and transition period. Wonderful @Dorasi that you are settling so well. We still don't have a job for my husband, he has a second round interview next week, cross fingers. Else it is still early days and we have budgeted for finding a job to take a few months (but would be nice for it to happen quickly!!).

Hope the rest of you are doing well, and look forward to hearing news of your respective journeys in this process.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

We've just finished our 7th month of waiting. My view is that the processing of the visa will take as long as is needed. So we're another month closer to receiving our grants.

• Like 2

@Kevin

That is such a great perspective on it. Sending loads of positive energy. 

• Like 2

Hey, everyone. I just want to say that we appreciate the support and encouragement we have received and continue to receive from you all. All your good vibes are awesome!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I am so grateful to be able to tell you all that WE RECEIVED OUR 189 VISA GRANTS this morning! :D

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I am so grateful to be able to tell you all that WE RECEIVED OUR 189 VISA GRANTS this morning! :D

Great news!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Kevin said:

AWESOME - congratulations. Did you also read each grant letter 1000000 times and just smile from ear to ear?

• Like 1

Oh @Kevin and family. I am over the moon for you guys. Enjoy the moment. Will have a glass of wine on you tonight!

• Like 1