189/190's Lodged August 2016

ChrisH

4 hours ago, ChrisH said:

We're only landing Jan 2018 so I have some time.

Wow!! Why so long @ChrisH??

When does your PCC & Medical Expire?

My brother is getting married Dec next year and I'm the best man, my wife is also in the wedding party.  Problem is we have to be involved in bachelors and all sorts of pre-wedding events so we made the call to go straight after.

Medicals and PCC expire mid-September 2017 so we'll be visiting our friends in Brisbane in June.

4 hours ago, ChrisH said:

My brother is getting married Dec next year and I'm the best man, my wife is also in the wedding party.  Problem is we have to be involved in bachelors and all sorts of pre-wedding events so we made the call to go straight after.

Medicals and PCC expire mid-September 2017 so we'll be visiting our friends in Brisbane in June.

Oh yes i remember now!

So you doing an activation trip/holiday then :) 

Awesome!!

Just a silly question, where on your Immi account will it show if more info is required/or visa granted?

On the left, click on View application status.

• If more information is required it will say something along those lines (can't remember the wording) with a button at the bottom to notify the CO that the missing documents have been submitted.
  • If nothing is outstanding, but no grant yet it will say something along the lines of: Assessment in progress
  • And if you have a grant it says: This application has been finalised. Please refer to correspondence.

@deezo @ChrisH huge congrats!  Hopefully ours is not far behind.... we lodged on the 8th of August.

Quick question, did you email your CO to follow up or did you simply wait for the grant?

• Like 2

Thanks @Waynec26 :) 

I did email them a few days before i got the grant just to see but i dont think that meant anything as others have emailed and are still waiting...

Try it as i dont think it impacts your application in any way ;) 

• Like 1

Just now, Waynec26 said:

@Deezo which email address did you use, and which reference number did you use for your email?

When our CO emailed us to request for the medicals to be uploaded there was an email so i just replied to that email with my query as all the references etc were already in the email title but the address was 

gsm.allocated@border.gov.au

28 minutes ago, Deezo said:

When our CO emailed us to request for the medicals to be uploaded there was an email so i just replied to that email with my query as all the references etc were already in the email title but the address was 

gsm.allocated@border.gov.au

Hello Deezo 

Which visa office processed your application? We're with Brisbane office.

4 minutes ago, Dorasi said:

Hello Deezo 

Which visa office processed your application? We're with Brisbane office.

We had Adelaide which i am led to believe is slower than Brisbane...

But the email above is for all applications and not specific 

54 minutes ago, Deezo said:

We had Adelaide which i am led to believe is slower than Brisbane...

But the email above is for all applications and not specific 

Thank you, will try to email them tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Just back from an overseas trip and logged on to see all your fabulous news .... Congrats @Deezo and @ChrisH 

You have both been so great with sharing info, so genuinely chuffed for you. 

• Like 2

Thanks @Husky!

@Dorasi, we were also with the Adelaide office.  I wouldn't recommend emailing them to ask about the status of a visa, they actually strongly discourage it in their automated response:

You will not receive a further reply for:

-          Questions about the status of your visa application

-          Confirmation that documents have been received

-          Enquiries that do not relate to a current GSM visa application, or

-          Questions addressed by this automatic response

lol, hence we're here to discourage people from doing it!  We've seen the other side of that email address! :lol::lol:

• Like 1

I made the decision to go ahead and book our flights last night because the prices just kept escalating over the past few days and many of the flights for January 2017 are fully booked with Emirates!!

So our official date is the 22 January 2017 from Durban to Sydney via Dubai with a 4hr50min layover in Dubai, which isnt too bad.

I paid R 24,584 for my wife and i with a total luggage allowance of 2 x 23kg each and then 2 x 7kg carry-on luggage.

Now we need to sell cars and all our furniture etc and pack our lives into a few bags in the next 2 months!!!! :wacko:

• Like 3

Well done on taking the leap @Deezo 

This whole journey requires such courage and faith. All will be well. 

Edited by Husky
Tagging
  • Like 2

This visa is starting to whisper ideas into my head whilst I'm sleeping... We're now "considering" properly going over in June and just flying back for the wedding.  Either way, it's a 3-way trip as we'd have to buy 1 set of return tickets and 1 set of one-way tickets.

• Like 3

Thanks @Husky :) 

Yes i think we need to get over and also have greater chances at finding work (if we havent heard anything from here by then as we are applying daily) and my wife has resigned from her school with effect from the end of December 2016, so she wont have a job in January and didnt want to go through the entire process of doing new class lists, name tags, books and parent interviews in the new year and then she ends up leaving in a month or two.

So its a giant leap of faith to go without work but we have a roof over our heads and if i need to be a waiter then so be it ;)  

We have been given an amazing opportunity and we cant waste any time :ilikeit:

@ChrisH that sounds like a great idea!

Go over, get things rolling and then come back for the holiday, because the sooner you can start making progress in Aus the better ;) 

• Like 1

Have there been any more grants issued amoungst the August lodgers after Deezo and ChrisH?  I am worried that my application has fallen through the cracks somehow.  I havent heard anything since 12 September, and we lodged on August 8th.    So anxious I think I'm going to have a heart attack....

@Waynec26, I don't think there have been furthers grants within our group as yet. At very least I can confirm that we haven't heard anything regarding our application yet. We applied 11 days after you. Small comfort, but at least you are not waiting alone.

@Kevin   Thank you.  We are in such a touch and go situation as my work contract expires on 31 December, and our lease expires 31 December, so I was really hoping to have a visa in hand by now to go over, but alas it is very frustrating.  I'm holding thumbs for each of the August lodgers who are in the "waiting room".  I logon to my immi account every morning hoping that something has changed....