189/190's Lodged August 2016

ChrisH

On ImmiTracker i see that a few 189 Visa's were granted yesterday but nothing under the 190 Visa...

So lets check again at the end of today and see if anymore were granted today and that should give us an indication but i do believe if there is a strike that it wont completely stop all together :mellow: Or so i hope!!

Anyway we are really at the mercy of waiting so have a great weekend and hopefully they resolve the salary issues soon ;) 

11 hours ago, JoVincent said:

So after seeing some info on a Facebook migration group, I saw that I could create an ImmiAccount of my own and then import the visa application to it so I can keep track of its status etc and see it for myself, which I've done. It's my first time looking around ImmiAccount, but it looks like everything has been uploaded and done that needs to be. The status though is still "Information Requested", even though PCCs uploaded by agent and Medical status is complete.

Thanks for this info, created my account.  Is there a way you can add another email recipient to the application?  I don't want to fiddle with any settings on the application.  I'm scared that if I add my email address it will remove our agents email address.

Can you see your PCC's uploaded? Is it uploaded under Evidence of Character?  I see mine is still outstanding.  Seems like I need to do some chasing up.

Hi @ChrisH, I wouldn't touch anything, I really don't want to make changes. I did notice on one of the correspondence letters I read from the CO that it listed my agent's email address as point of contact and they would be using this address for sending all requests. So my concern would be by adding an address that this may change it or alert CO, and your agent will not receive the requests etc etc (my agent doesn't know I have had a look, and prefer to keep it that way, I just want to be an observer).

As for the PCCs, I see that ours were uploaded under the "Attach Documents" section under each family member, it looks like this:

So I can see it has been uploaded. It says received 21 September even though they were ready a whole week prior to this, so not sure if this means it took our agent a while to upload.

If you can't see yours, definitely best to follow up with agent...

Capture.JPG

Edited by JoVincent

Hmm, this irritates me now... I got the SMS from SAPS on the 19th of September to say the PCC's have been finalised.  That is two weeks ago.  

From what I can see as soon as everything is uploaded you can click the "Information Provided" button and it will notify the CO that everything is there.

I definitely agree that I don't want to touch anything on that application.  I'll just have to login every 5 minutes to check it... :lol:

• Like 1

Now I see under the status of application it says the below "application requires additional supporting documentation", and a button at the bottom "Information Provided" - I wonder why the agent did not click this, or if they did why it is still saying that information still needs to be attached.

Argh a bit confusing. I don't want to touch anything and mess anything up, so will most likely leave it...

Capture2.JPG

• Like 1

That is annoying @ChrisH, I would definitely call agent. Explain that you have your own ImmiAccount so you imported it just to view, and you see PCCs still outstanding. You have every right to view your own application and query things with the agent. They get paid a lot of money, so need to deal with their customers! :)

• Like 3

Thanks @JoVincent, the agent and I are on very good terms so I just asked her about it.  

I can imagine that these guys are very busy and might sometimes even have cases more important (if there is such a thing, maybe somebody hitting 40 in a week where if its not submitted by x then they lose the visa) and technically we have until the 10th of Oct to file the outstanding docs.  I always try to be objective, even if I'd like things done yesterday.

• Like 1

@ChrisH yeah for sure! I've decided to just leave things be, everything has been smooth sailing till now and I trust our agent. Just got to sit back and try not check that ImmiAccount too much :) 

• Like 1

Wow guys...It seems lots of you are struggling.  :( we have friends that are also waiting for their visa's and are getting irritated with their agents. On a lighter note, my husband signed his employment contract on the 30th of September... we are flying to brisbane on the 18th of November. I can't believe it's happening so fast. We've accepted an offer on our house, just praying that it all goes smoothly. Keep your heads up. It will all fall into place when it's meant to. Good luck! 

• Like 4

It seems like visa grants haven't been affected by the industrial action, apparently its more the border control people.  

• Like 1

@ChrisH that's great news. Was wondering if anyone is planning to sell their house soon in preparation to the move. We are planning on selling ours just still deciding if we should do it now it after our visa has been granted

Congrats @Sarah28 on your husband's job! That's fantastic, so he managed to secure it from here? That's impressive. I really hope that against the odds we may have the same experience, would feel much better knowing one of us had work prior to going.

@Addy31 we are going to wait until we have visa grant until we sell our house, there's this small part of me that is terrified that something may happen or there will be a long delay with the visa. Would ideally not like to move twice (sell and then move into rental, then leave for Aus), but I imagine this will have to happen regardless. Don't want to leave our house sale too late and then we haven't managed to sell prior to leaving.

Hang in there everyone...I am sure visa grants will start getting issued soon, I haven't heard of any 189 or 190s in ages! I have put it out of my mind as much as possible and just busying myself with my job, kids & everything else. As excited as I am for Aus, I don't want to be wishing my days away either, so just trying to live in the moment and leave the rest to fate :).

Have a good weekend all!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ChrisH said:

I'm hoping to start seeing some grants flood into this thread! 

I hope so @ChrisH as things have been very VERY quiet lately... :( 

7 minutes ago, JoVincent said:

I just saw this now and knew it was coming!! :angry2:

Haha I just posted something similar in another thread!  If anything this just makes me want to leave sooner.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ChrisH said:

Haha I just posted something similar in another thread!  If anything this just makes me want to leave sooner.

Agreed @ChrisH

Just wish i could already!!

Today in Durban there is also a mass march happening at the moment by all the University students too!

Just makes me so sad as i cant even get angry anymore.

Can I ask a question of all the experts who have lodged EOIs please?

I know the visa itself is very expensive, but what are the costs related to lodging the EOI (if any)? I can't find any resource that tells me this and I don't have the skills assessment etc. yet to be able to lodge the EOI. I need to tell my company at what point they will become liable for each of the costs, so just want to manage expectations.

Thanks

@Tntaglia there is no cost to lodge an EOI, it's free. Once you receive an invitation to apply, I think you have a set time frame to do the visa application (it's either 30 or 60 days I can't remember), and the visa fees are payable when you lodge the application. So it all depends on when you receive that ITA

• Like 1

@Tntaglia if you are applying for a 190 Visa then you would need to pay a fee for the Sponsorship Application but i am not sure about any of the other Visa's...

• Like 1

I'm applying for 189 for now, but thanks, that's good to know

• Like 1

@Tntaglia I think you must have received your skills assessment before you lodge the EOI, I think even if you lodge after receiving it but it arrived after EOI they can refuse the visa. So in a way one could see the skills assessment cost as part of the cost of EOI - hope is makes sense...?

• Like 2

@wonderer You're right yes - I guess I asked because I could find the costs of the English test and the skills assessment easily but nothing on anything I have to pay when I click submit on the EOI. But it does help to think of it that way - English test and skills assessment are EOI costs, and then the medical and police clearance etc are visa application costs.

Hi @ChrisH, I just wanted to check something regarding your Immi Account. Does your application status change from "Information Requested" now that your agent has submitted your documents that was requested by the CO?

Ours is still giving this status, and has that "Information Provided" button still clickable (but obviously havent clicked it, not touching anything on my end). I have asked my agent but she hasn't got back to me. Not going to lie, it is stressing me out a bit :(. I hope it isn't causing any delays.