189/190's Lodged August 2016

ChrisH

Hi Jo. Some input from our ImmiAccount. Our agent submitted our info/docs and status reads 'Assessment in Progress'. We do however still have that click able button stating 'Information Provided'. Although I too don't touch that, leave that for our agent to handle. Sure your agent will revert soon but I'm sure all is on track.

Thanks for the feedback guys. 

I am bleak :(. It seems as like the status should definitely have changed to Assessment in Progress at least. Will phone agent tomorrow. As much as I'm dying to click that button, I don't want to interfere with any process and have the agent blame me for anything that goes wrong

Hi guys, my friend @Zaprime has a question about the IELTS for 189, and I did it too long ago to remember. Could any of you help him out please?

Where do I send the Results?

Hi @JoVincent

I would contact your agent as this is seriously delaying your application!

If they have all the outstanding documents then there is no reason why they should be sitting on it??

Sorry to hear but contact them ASAP and put pressure ;) 

PS. This is the kind of thing that drives me mad with agents! I hope this is the only issue you have with yours :) 

Edited by Deezo
  • Like 1

Hi all,

Checked ImmiAccount this morning and delighted to see our 189 has been granted! Great relief as the wait was quite trying. Really really happy and very thankful.

Our timelines were as follows:

Lodged 14 July

CO Contact 1 Aug

Last info submitted to CO 26 Aug

Visa granted 13 Oct

Good luck to everyone else in the process. I know it's tough waiting, but suddenly one morning it'll just be there! ?

• Like 3

Agree with @Deezo, get on that agents back!

I've done a quick calculation based on cases on immitracker.  It seems like its taking +- 44.5 days from replying to the CO until a grant, so my estimate grant date is the 17th of November at this stage.

Congrats @Junglejet!  My estimate seems pretty accurate based on your timelines, yours took 48 days from responding to CO until grant!

• Like 1

Congratulations @Junglejet :)   

All the waiting is over and now you can move from being in limbo to full steam ahead soon ;) 

Did you get an email about the grant or did you just see on your ImmiAccount?

Enjoy the next steps!

Edited by Deezo
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, ChrisH said:

I've done a quick calculation based on cases on immitracker.  It seems like its taking +- 44.5 days from replying to the CO until a grant, so my estimate grant date is the 17th of November at this stage.

I really hope so @ChrisH ;)  

I think we have all tried to work this thing out but it somewhat different for each person... 

I have also tried looking at ImmiTracker but because we are on a 190 there arent that many people and then under our ANZSCO Code there is only 1 other person from China that has lodged after us that we can follow.

Today were are on the 36th day so maybe next week Friday for us :D

Edited by Deezo
  • Like 1

@Junglejet i see you are also 241111 - Early Childhood on ImmiTracker :) 

My wife is too but we are applying for a 190 Visa for NSW.

Where are you planning on going in Aus?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedPanda said:

Hi guys, my friend @Zaprime has a question about the IELTS for 189, and I did it too long ago to remember. Could any of you help him out please?

Where do I send the Results?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the tangential question, but when you lodged your IELTS booking, who did you have to send it to on the form? 

@Junglejet congratulations!!! I do love hearing of visa grants - it was quiet for so long, but seems to be picking up.

Thanks all, I will phone the agent when their offices open at 9am. @Deezo, the documents were all uploaded (I can see them under the Attachments sections), my concern is why on the homepage the status of the application is not reflecting as "Assessment in Progress" as there is a button "Information Provided" that looks like it hasn't been clicked. Then again, perhaps it was clicked (as @Junglejet says, there's is still able to be clicked) but it is taking time for the status to change. But I want to confirm with the agent in any case, it seems like 3 weeks is a long time for it to change status.

@Zaprime in terms of your IELTS booking, if I remember correctly (sorry it was a while ago already), when you registering initially it asks you which country you are emigrating to, and if you select Aus it automatically says your results will be sent to the DIBP in Aus.

• Like 3

Congratulations @Junglejet!

I too received my 189 visa this morning. I think the shock of actually getting that golden email is still sinking in.

I want to thank everyone on this forum for keeping my sanity and good luck to those who are still yet to receive their grants.

• Like 4

Congrats @Shellbells7, when did you lodge your application?

From what I can see, nobody that actually filed in August has gotten their visas yet.

@ChrisH, Thank very much.

My timeline is:

ITA - 20 July

Lodged - 29 July

CO-Contact - 17 Aug

Visa Grant - 13 Oct

Being in limbo is very frustrating but it is all worth it in the end.

• Like 1

I spent some time this morning on the ImmiTracker website and found some very interesting information under their "analytics" section or tab. I found one that reads: "days to visa grant report for visa tracker - SC190" and this allows you to enter your date you lodged and then calculates an average minimum, worst-case and expected date.

Ours shows that we should know by 23rd November 2016 as an "expected date" as we lodged on the 26th August 2016, which is really interesting to see. It shows that the average time for a Grant based on our ANZSCO Code is 85 days from lodging as well :blink:

I know we cant rely on this information but i guess its another avenue to give us some sort of sanity on a best or worst case scenario and its actually scary to think that our worst case scenario would push us to April 2017!!!

Have fun exploring if you already haven't ;) 

Expected 190 Grant Date 1.png

Expected 190 Grant Date 2.png

Oh gosh @Deezo, not sure I should go looking there, I will start stressing out haha. I would be such a wreck if it got delayed to 2017 at all, so April next year doesn't sound too good :blink:.

On a positive note, when I checked our ImmiAccount this morning, the visa app status had changed to "Assessment in Progress" and the "Information Provided" button is now disabled. I had emailed the query through to my agent on Tuesday, she was out of office until end of yesterday though, and back today. So maybe that button needed clicking after all and was done this morning ;). Either way I'm just happy to see movement on our ImmiAccount and to know all is in order.

Quick question, is the 3 months period that the visa is processed, is this from date of lodgement, or from date of supplying final documents? 

• Like 1

Hahahahaha i feel your pain @JoVincent and i also DONT want to wait until April!!! 

Although it could possibly give us a better idea on when to expect feedback as all the other tricks and tips havent worked thus far...

Im glad to hear that you ImmiAccount has been sorted out!

You probably find the agent quickly sorted it out but thats the only way i could see that being done otherwise it would have been selected and grayed out ages ago :( 

Oh well at least its done now and you can join the waiting queue ;) 

From what i have heard the 3 months are from the date you lodge.

@Deezo MyImmiTracker is a rabbit hole -- don't fall too deep :).

It is discouraging to see so many later applications turn green while I wait to hear something.  I don't check it very often anymore though.  Rather than checking too regularly, I am trying to just remain busy with normal life.

The resource itself is quite interesting.  It can be a source of encouragement.  If someone has doubts before applying, he or she can probably find examples of similarly qualified people who have reported success on MyImmiTracker.

• Like 1