189/190's Lodged August 2016

ChrisH

From what i know there haven't been any further grants on this group but i really think if your application has passed the 3 months since lodging then you should email your CO and ask for an update and clarity on whether they have everything.

I know they send an auto response saying they wont answer emails regarding the status of your application etc but you are entitled to ask them based on the fact that your application is now out of the SLA!

Whether they will reply or not is the thing... :mellow:

I agree with @Deezo, after 3 months I'd say you can mail them.  

Just out of interest @Kevin and @Waynec26, did the CO ask for further documentation and when did you respond to them?

Edited by ChrisH

Latest table:

Lodged

Granted

Work days

Waynec26

2016-08-08

MonTage

2016-08-09

2016-09-06

Dorasi

2016-08-09

JoVincent

2016-08-12

2016-10-17

Kevin

2016-08-19

Sharlene

2016-08-25

Deezo

2016-08-27

2016-11-10

ChrisH

2016-08-29

2016-11-11

@ChrisH We got a CO assigned on 22nd August, and they requested PCC and medicals.  PCC's were uploaded on 1 September, and medicals were completed on 8 September, and we received the "all clear" on 12 September for medicals, saying no further action required.  Since that day there has been absolutely no movement on our Immi account.  Its been an "Assessment in Progress" since 12 September.  I have emailed the general mailbox, but, as expected, got the standard reply.  My migration agent says it wont surprise him if the application is granted tomorrow, but he has being saying that for almost a month now.  I genuinely cannot handle to wait anymore.  My life needs direction :(  I know I'm not alone here, so strength to everyone in the waiting room... 

• Like 3

@ChrisH, we haven't received any communication other than the email telling us that which processing centre would be handling our application -- the commencement notification. The person who sent that email might be our case officer, but she didn't specifically say so.

I think our application was decision ready from the start, so perhaps no further documents are needed. We're just completely in the dark right now. I have sent an email in hopes of getting some information about the situation. The Aussies are probably just overworked. I expect someone will reply soon.

• Like 2

Totally feel your pain - the wait is soooo frustrating. I truly hope you have visa grant news soon - I think an email to your CO cannot do any harm, and if it were me I would do it just to follow up.

Not going to lie, it seems as soon as the visa grant stress is over (and yes it is absolutely fantastic to be done with that part), but new and even bigger stresses start. We are now onto selling house, giving staff notice, resume/CV polishing, & a whole host of new concerns like WHERE DO WE MOVE. Haha, you'd think we'd have decided that first. Well we did, and then changed our minds recently. So feel like back to square one on figuring things out and anxiety truly sets in.

But all a part of the process...and we will find our way.

• Like 5

Hang in there @Waynec26 & @Kevin ;)  

Now that you have sent an email it may just light a fire... who knows? actually who knows anything certain about this process?

Lol we just try and figure things out but we really dont know but im pretty sure you guys will know soon!

Just start preparing yourselves for things that @JoVincent has mentioned because we jumped from one fire into another now and time is running out!!

Any update from you @Sharlene??

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Have a cause for celebration - we sold our house today! A little below our asking price, but not too much. It's worth the peace of mind - we were starting to really stress it would take a long time as we had such little interest for a month. Was getting really down - people traipsing through the house all the time, vacating the house for show days all the time, the kids watching on as strangers walk through it.

anyway... How is everyone else doing?? 

The thead has been quiet... How are the rest of you doing with the wait? It is torturous, hoping for Chris to be making changes to the table soon...

• Like 2

Great news @JoVincent

Must admit that the thought of selling the home we have lived in for over 15 years is daunting, to say the least. Take care.

Well our case officer contacted us on Friday saying he needed clearer copies of the PCC. It was the first correspondence from them for 4 months. Surely it's not long now before our grant.... but we having a holiday and just forgetting about it all until the new year...

• Like 1

@Waynec26 that's great news. So it should be any day from now. Our case officer requested additional addresses on our form 80 and 14 days later we got our grant letter.

19 hours ago, Waynec26 said:

Well our case officer contacted us on Friday saying he needed clearer copies of the PCC. It was the first correspondence from them for 4 months. Surely it's not long now before our grant.... but we having a holiday and just forgetting about it all until the new year...

That's good news, @Waynec26. Our August group haven't heard a peep in so long. Seeing some progress in your application awesome. Its fantastic to finally hear something again.

44 minutes ago, Waynec26 said:

and then it happened!  Visa granted this morning.   SOOOOOOOO relieved!  Thanks to everyone on this group for support.

Congrats Waynec, hopefully mine is on the way. 

• Like 1

Lodged

Granted

Work days

Waynec26

2016/08/08

2016/12/15

MonTage

2016/08/09

2016/09/06

Dorasi

2016/08/09

JoVincent

2016/08/12

2016/10/17

Kevin

2016/08/19

Sharlene

2016/08/25

Deezo

2016/08/27

2016/11/10

ChrisH

2016/08/29

2016/11/11

Cool, another one bites the dust!  @Dorasi holding thumbs!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChrisH said:

@Dorasi did you perhaps do your medicals in Rosebank on the 14th of September?

@ChrisH, we have done our medicals in Hatfield Pretoria (15/08/2017).

3 hours ago, ChrisH said:

bites the dust

@ChrisH? Don't you mean breaks out the champagne? Dust sounds so anti-climatic for a positive result from this process :lol:

Huge congrats @Waynec26

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JonathanR said:

@ChrisH? Don't you mean breaks out the champagne? Dust sounds so anti-climatic for a positive result from this process :lol:

Huge congrats @Waynec26

Haha yes, I'm ticking them off the list so to me its like another one done kind of thing!

• Like 1

Congrats @Waynec26

So good to see movement in the August group.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...