189/190's Lodged August 2016

ChrisH

I agree 100% @Kevin ;) 

I myself have seen many others start after us and are already in Aus :( 

However i have come to the realisation that this process has so many variables to it and things like points, occupation, CO, DIBP office etc all play a factor in you getting your visa granted sooner than others, but i am holding onto some hope that this analytics on the ImmiTracker will help in some way if we compare the ANZSCO codes to your own etc. But in the end there is no guarantee! 

Keeping myself busy on the other hand isn't that easy as i have days where i really dont have any drive to continue in SA. My heart and head are already in Aus so it makes it challenging and also when you have access to internet and emails 24/7 :lol:

Guys, I just can't believe it!!! Went into our ImmiAccount just for one of those pointless checks, not expecting to see any change (as I hadn't heard from agent or anything), and our Visa grants have come through!!!!

So relieved & happy, what an awesome Monday morning surprise.

Now to act surprised when the agent calls :)

Here's hoping for lots of visa grants this week...

• Like 8

Sure thing.

Lodged our application 12 August

CO request for additional documentation 22 August

Medicals & PCCs uploaded by 22 September

Grant 17 October

3 months would have been the 12 November, so I was expecting to only hear by then, but maybe that cicking of the "Information Provided" button did the trick. Who knows!

• Like 3

Ok cool, seems like your timeline is about 2 weeks ahead of ours, we lodged 29th of August and replied 4th Oct.  Hopefully that means that I only have 2 weeks left!

A very big congratulations @JoVincent :) 

I saw the comment on Facebook today but have been out and didnt get a chance to message and say congrats!!!

Really happy things all worked out and that they worked out so quickly once that button had been clicked ;) 

All the best with the celebrations on the Grant and the next steps :D

:congratulations:

• Like 1

Congrats @JoVincent

How fantastic. It must be such a relief. With 75 points though, you were bound to get in. Good luck with the next steps 

• Like 1

Hopefully things will start hearing up on this thread in the coming week! How many people are still waiting for August visas? 

• Like 1

Will be crossing fingers it does @ChrisH! I saw a woman on facebook, who lodged 5 days after us, get their 189 visa grants exactly 5 days after us too. So if the same follows true for you then yours will be by this next Monday!

• Like 1

I really hope they are close as there was another woman who had their 190 Visa Granted yesterday and they lodged on the 12th August!!

Not only that she is an Early Childhood Teacher just like my wife :D

I am still waiting to hear back from her on how many points she had but they are also going to NSW which is exactly like us in so many ways, so that means that they are 2 weeks ahead of us and i pray we will be considered soon!!

23 minutes ago, Deezo said:

I am still waiting to hear back from her on how many points she had

Do you think the points make a difference once it gets to the actual visa approval stage?  

1 minute ago, ChrisH said:

Do you think the points make a difference once it gets to the actual visa approval stage?  

Well i dont know @ChrisH but do think they only have a certain number to approve each year and would rather approve someone with higher points than someone else but otherwise i cant make a direct correlation...

I do certainly think that this would be the case on the actual Skill because others have been granted after my application was lodged but in the IT field or medical field which may have a higher demand perhaps? 

Who else logs in after 9am hoping that a hard working emigration officer worked late today and maybe just maybe granted your visa after 5pm their time. :lol:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ChrisH said:

Who else logs in after 9am hoping that a hard working emigration officer worked late today and maybe just maybe granted your visa after 5pm their time. :lol:

Lol @ChrisH you are not alone!!

Oh let sanity prevail for us all :lol:

Just saw there was a grant this morning for a "Responded to CO" of 2016-10-06.

Getting closer and closer to that window!

• Like 1

Hoping for grants any day now for all the remaining August lodgers!

Have any of you changed your mind and going to go sooner rather than later, as soon as the grants come in? We're still aiming for March 2017. We seem a bit confused as to which city all of a sudden. It's so confusing and hard, especially as we've never been to Aus period. Just got to follow the jobs, but this is hard to do when everyone tells you it wont happen from here, so you just go on assumption. Based on what I've seen on Seek, its Sydney & Melbourne as best prospects for a Finance role.

Anyway we will figure things out somehow...

• Like 2

Hi all. I'm New to this forum. Are there any delays in getting a grant? we lodged on 08/08/2016 and my immi account has not moved since 12/09/2016 which is when our final documents were uploaded. have 75 points. 

• Like 1

Not that I know of.  Have you had a CO assigned mail or literally nothing since you lodged?  You can use this site and just filter by date lodged to see how others are doing in a similar scenario: https://myimmitracker.com/en/au/trackers/visa-tracker-sc189

I lodged 2016-08-29 and had CO contact on 2016-09-12 requesting the medicals to be done.

• Like 1

@Waynec26, I am not aware of any specific reason for a delay. It does feel like a delay, although that may only be a perception.

We lodged one week after you, on 2016-09-19, uploading all supporting documents on the same day. The only communication we have received to date was an email telling us which processing centre would be handling our application. I suppose that may count as CO contact -- I am not sure. No further documents have been requested. We are 2 week and 4 days away from the 3 month processing time for 75% of applications (see service standards).

I really hop we all start hearing something soon.

• Like 1

We did our medicals, they were uploaded and then just silence for 2 weeks.  After the 2 weeks I sent an email asking whether the medicals were the only outstanding issue or whether anything else was required.  I got an automated email stating that my email will be answered in 5 days.  Within the 5 days I had the visa granted - and never received a response to my email  I don't know if I was just lucky or whether sending an email with a request is one way to have someone look at your application a bit sooner.

• Like 1

@Kevin @ChrisH I know the frustration.  Our "3 month" waiting period will end on November 8 (ie next week Tuesday).  I am going through an agent, and the last communication we had was on 22 August when our CO requested PCC and medicals.  These were all uploaded on 12 September, and since then the Immi account has simply stated "Assessment in progress".

I am uncertain whether t just keep waiting or send an email independently of my agent like @FromDurbs did.

Upto the point of the actual application (English test, Skills etc etc), everything moved at a rapid pace, but since we lodged, it has slowed to an absolute holt.

I know you all in the same boat, so maybe I just need patience

• Like 1