189/190's Lodged August 2016

ChrisH

Thats interesting @Kevin as i wanted to try and have my application "Decision Ready" by having all the paperwork uploaded before a CO was appointed...

Unfortunately there was a delay with the panel Dr and him finalising thins as he went on leave :mellow:

So CO contacted us and requested the documents and once that was uploaded i clicked on a tab that says "Information Provided" and once i have clicked that to confirm i had uploaded the results of the Medicals my status then changed to "Assessment in Progress" 

So not sure if the link looks different for a 189 visa vs. a 190 but our is also being looked at by the Adelaide offices...

Not sure where my agent got this, but she sent me a document with this status next to each of our names: Health clearance provided – no action required

WHOHOO!  Now just waiting for the PCC to be finalized.

• Like 3

@Deezo thanks for the information.  I checked my application and there doesn't seem to be an "Information Provided" option.  I think you only get that option after further documents have been requested.

I had a look at the guide for attaching documents.  From the examples given, it seems the status might go through these stages:

• Incomplete (before submitting)
  • Received (after submitting)
  • Information requested (when a CO requests documents)
  • Assessment in Progress (after providing required documents)

I wonder if it is better in general to wait for a CO to request documents.  In any event, it probably isn't best to draw general conclusions just from my experience of a perceived delay.  I guess I should just be patient.

• Like 1

Awesome news @ChrisH ;)  

So now just those PCC and then you can also jump on board the waiting queue...

Its only a pleasure @Kevin :) 

Its all rather strange but i think that would only be made available once a CO has been appointed and once you application has been checked and additional documents are called for, so for now i think try upload everything that is recommended (that is relevant to your application) and make sure they are clear colour or certified copies and then once the CO is appointed then he/she can request additional documents from you if they require.

I found it would have been better as our application could have been decision ready and we may have been able to get a direct grant which saves in time as the CO doesnt have to await the 28 days for you to submit outstanding documents etc.

In the end its up to you but i wouldnt waste time :) 

When we submitted, the satus said "Received".  Our case officer requested documents yesterday, the status said "Information Requested", I uploaded them and clicked Infomation Provided.  The status then changed to "Assessment in Progress"    Ours is also done by the Adelaide Centre...and it's a 190 so seems they are all the same

Edited by Lillie
added info
  • Like 2

Thanks for the information @Lillie.  That makes sense.  I think it may be that one's application status remains "Received" while in processing, if there is no need to request further documents.

Thanks for the encouragement @Deezo.  Since our documents are already uploaded, so there's probably nothing to do but wait. I just hope is isn't a very long wait.

• Like 2

Hie folks, congratulations to those who have been contacted by the Co. We are a family of 6. Submitted the 489 visa. 

Lodged  visa   -  9 Aug 2016

Co contact       -  1 Sept 2016

GSM office      -  Brisbane 

Grant    ?????? 

Hopefully everyone will get their grant soon. Waiting sucks. I am now obsessive with checking my emails every morning. Good luck. 

• Like 2

Hi all,

Been watching this thread for a while to see the timing ito 189 visa issuing. Thought I'd weigh in with our current wait.

We in fact lodged 14 July, CO assigned 1 Aug from GSM Brisbane office and they requested further info. We submitted all requested info a week after that but the last of our medicals were only uploaded on 26 Aug. Status on those reads 'Health Clearance Provided'. We've been waiting since then. So I'm on the page as you, the wait is hard work! 

Hope we all hear positive news soon. ?

• Like 2

Welcome @Junglejet and thank you for your feedback on your situation :) 

Ok so thanks to @MartineM and some homework i did last night on a Facebook forum that is run by Agents, it seems as though the CO contacts you and requests additional documents (in our case medicals) which were uploaded on the same day as they requested it. However the CO has a choice to continue working on the case once they receive all the outstanding documents and make a decision or request additional documents etc. Apparently if the CO does not action the request then they will wait out the full 28 days before proceeding any further (this is a legislative requirement) so in that case we should all hear back after 28 days of the CO requesting information....

Anyone else heard anything about this but it does make sense to me as i have heard of a CO requesting information and then requesting again for additional documents and then people have had to wait the 28 days all over again before they got their grant even though that was the last document :mellow:

• Like 1

Thank you @Deezo!

I was wondering about that too hey, the CO requesting additional documents and waiting another 28 days....OMW.....!!!!!! Really??

Oooooooh, I pray for God's favour on our applications!!!

Keep in touch everyone :)

Have a great weekend.

• Like 1

we got our grant letter after 100days. we lodged on the 2nd of February and we received our grant on the 12th of May. its tough waiting for the grant letter, with some as soon as you submit the requested docs you receive the grant letter, others days after or like some who received her grant notice after +300 days. it just requires patience and just being optimistic. someone once told us, once you get an Invitation To Apply, its as good as getting your visa they time frame will vary. all the best to all who are waiting, hope you receive the long awaited news soon...

• Like 1

Wow thanks @Theshi:)

That must have been a nightmare!! Lol

Its only a pleasure @MartineM as you helped me so i wanted to let everyone else know ;) 

Just checked on the SAPS website, our PCC status is Finalized for yesterday's date, so that was 1 week from getting the initial sms.  Not bad!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ChrisH said:

Just checked on the SAPS website, our PCC status is Finalized for yesterday's date, so that was 1 week from getting the initial sms.  Not bad!

Wow that was quick Chris! So now you are set, as medicals done also? Now for the fun part (not)...waiting!!

So I just spoke to our agent - just to double triple check that everything has been sent off that needs to, and to get an idea of what to expect. She said it's anyone's guess, she had a client the other day with a straight forward case and all documents sent through timeously and yet the case officer still took 3 months to finalize. So I am going to use 3 months as a worst case scenario, so we should have by Christmas. Hoping it doesn't take that long though. 

I am feeling weighed down by it all suddenly. Just been having those panicked "are we absolutely crazy" phases. We are most likely going to a city where we know close to no one, and have no family. And potentially going with no job either (though we are going to do everything in our power to try get a job prior, but it's tough). Suppose these emotions are par for the course. Doesn't help that we just had a week away with our whole family (cousins, grandparents, the lot) which made me sad to realize we will not have another holiday like that for quite some time. It really is an emotional rollercoaster. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JoVincent said:

Wow that was quick Chris! So now you are set, as medicals done also? Now for the fun part (not)...waiting!!

Jup, everything done so let the wait begin.  Our CO already made contact to request the Medicals and PCC so he/she will hopefully look at the application shortly after we submit the PCC's and not wait for the 28 days to lapse (10th Oct).

• Like 3

Found this online and thought it may interest some of you :) 

2 hours ago, JoVincent said:

can't see anything @Deezo, but maybe it is my work's firewalls or something ;)

Strange as its a link to a Youtube video :) 

Perhaps its your firewall but its nice video of stunning photos of all the major cities in Aus ;) 

24 minutes ago, MonTage said:

Employment Contract signed.

Date set for 22nd October to fly out to Perth!!

Woo Hooo!!!

Fantastic news @MonTage!!!

Congrats and i wish you all the best with the next few weeks ;)  

Thanks @Deezo, now that I'm at home I can see the YouTube video, must have been a firewall at the office :lol:

So after seeing some info on a Facebook migration group, I saw that I could create an ImmiAccount of my own and then import the visa application to it so I can keep track of its status etc and see it for myself, which I've done. It's my first time looking around ImmiAccount, but it looks like everything has been uploaded and done that needs to be. The status though is still "Information Requested", even though PCCs uploaded by agent and Medical status is complete. Is this normal?

I did see in the ImmiAccount mailbox that the CO issued a letter requesting the usual medicals and PCCs, and made mention that the agent deal with them via email. So perhaps that's why, they just haven't updated the ImmiAccount status. 

Anyway I will try not to obsess about it and check it TOO often. Our agent has done well by us thus far and everything has gone exactly as it should have up till now. I am just too much of an accountant and want to know every detail of what's going on :P.

Just got to hang in there...

hope to to be hearing of some visa grants soon on this group...

Edited by JoVincent
  • Like 2

@MonTage congratulations on the job!!!! That is awesome. Very jealous, but hopeful because of your good experience :).

any job hunt tips feel free to send this way...

Thanks all! 

23 days to go is quite soon. Eek. 

Start of hopefully a prosperous future. Hope you all get to join us sometime in the near future. 

• Like 2

I read on one of the Facebook groups last night that the immigration department is striking until the 16th of October and visa apps are hence moving along very very slowly... anybody know anything about it?