189/190's Lodged Nov 2015

JoleneW

On 1/19/2016 at 2:02 PM, GOOD2GO said:

I Just collected our PCC's in PTA !!!! :ilikeit:

My wife's was wrong but they fixed it immediately.

Now we wait again ......... :yawn: 

Hi @GOOD2GO Did they just fix it when you asked them? and reprint on the spot? I need to go there this weekend for them to date mine. Is your one dated? Our case officer asked us for the date to be on the PCC. I'm thinking even a stamp will suffice so that they know it is not older than 12 months.

3 hours ago, BobSA said:

Hi @GOOD2GO Did they just fix it when you asked them? and reprint on the spot? I need to go there this weekend for them to date mine. Is your one dated? Our case officer asked us for the date to be on the PCC. I'm thinking even a stamp will suffice so that they know it is not older than 12 months.

Yes and yes. :D

They reprinted my wife's certificate,  they did not have her maiden name on and they had her name wrong as well. 

Ours have date stamps on them. I suppose they forgot to stamp yours!

Are they open on weekends?

It seems to me that 5 weeks (and counting) for my PCC will stil not ensure that it is mistake free. ;)

Just wish I can get it now! Only thing that keeps me from my Visa! What is the average turn around time these days?  

39 minutes ago, GOOD2GO said:

Yes and yes. :D

They reprinted my wife's certificate,  they did not have her maiden name on and they had her name wrong as well. 

Ours have date stamps on them. I suppose they forgot to stamp yours!

Are they open on weekends?

Yes the PCC place in PTA is open 7 days a week. I normally go at like 7am on the weekend.

On 31/12/2015 at 9:21 AM, Hanliedb said:

Good day

I checked with Eithad but there's 2 stops and with Qantas you only Pay R20 671.16 For 2 Adults and one Child with one Stop. Really not a bad deal.

Hi @Hanliedb was the R20 671.16 per person or total for three?

Was it one way or return?

When will you be flying?

Sorry for all the questions. We're trying to find the best (R vs hours) value. And currently it seems to lean towards Quantas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vzdike said:

It seems to me that 5 weeks (and counting) for my PCC will stil not ensure that it is mistake free. ;)

Just wish I can get it now! Only thing that keeps me from my Visa! What is the average turn around time these days?  

Ours took 7 weeks 3 days!!!

We had no criminal records that had to be reported. 

Given that it included Christmas and new years. :blink: Maybe we can subtract 1 week.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GOOD2GO said:

Hi @Hanliedb was the R20 671.16 per person or total for three?

Was it one way or return?

When will you be flying?

Sorry for all the questions. We're trying to find the best (R vs hours) value. And currently it seems to lean towards Quantas. 

Hey Good2Go

We Paid R19783 for 2 Adults and a toddler 4 Years, its a one way flight, One stop over in Sydney. We booked the Flights thru cheap flights. We are flying on the 26 of February next month.

Thanks for the info @Hanliedb 

So your are taking the big Plunge and moving over. Have you been to Australia before?

We are planning a LSD for June/ July. We haven't been to OZ before and want to go and have a look at a couple of cities.

We have friends in Perth and Darwin but want to visit Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane.

It is so difficult to determine where to go, one person will tell you they love Perth while the other will tell you they hate it.

We also have to look at the career possibilities for us both.

Well for now we need to wait for our visas before we can do anything.

Hi Good2Go,

When was your PCC application shown as registered on the SAPS website? Mine was hand delivered on the 3rd but only registered on the 17th. Still waiting for it...

Copied from a thread on Mybroadband.co.za:

"Yeah there's a few threads on Facebook about it too. Apparently their system will be down until Monday but there are a lot of people going to fetch the certificates even if it doesn't say finalized online. According to one post there are literally "piles" of them lying there. Collections are open 24 hours a day. You are not alone. There are so many people waiting for theirs and also have deadlines on their visa documents. For those not in PTA it's just a matter of waiting."

For anyone in Pretoria/JHB area it might be worth going there in person.

Edited by DavePE
Formatting

8 minutes ago, DavePE said:

Hi Good2Go,

When was your PCC application shown as registered on the SAPS website? Mine was hand delivered on the 3rd but only registered on the 17th. Still waiting for it...

We handed it in on 23 November and it was registered on their system 12 December. We received ours on 19 January.

8 hours ago, GOOD2GO said:

Thanks for the info @Hanliedb 

So your are taking the big Plunge and moving over. Have you been to Australia before?

We are planning a LSD for June/ July. We haven't been to OZ before and want to go and have a look at a couple of cities.

We have friends in Perth and Darwin but want to visit Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane.

It is so difficult to determine where to go, one person will tell you they love Perth while the other will tell you they hate it.

We also have to look at the career possibilities for us both.

Well for now we need to wait for our visas before we can do anything.

@GOOD2GO

Yes we have been to Perth in 2012 to visit family of ours, at that stage we were extremely stubborn not wanting to immigrate to Australia at all, but after a year we finally opened our eyes and realised that South Africa is no longer a home but a prison.

We decided to apply for jobs over the entire Australia, so currently we aren’t sure where we will end up.

I Heard the  humidity in Darwin  is crazy, not sure if its 100% true, please let us know how the LSD went, I would have loved to plan one aswell, but currently cant effort so travel around, we have to find jobs asap. So that we can start living our lives again.

Hope you get a visa soon, as soon as you received that visa you will realize that the easy part is behind you and you’re only now starting the hardest part of you journey. Feeling extremely nervous but so excited .

Edited by Hanliedb

15 hours ago, Hanliedb said:

@GOOD2GO

Yes we have been to Perth in 2012 to visit family of ours, at that stage we were extremely stubborn not wanting to immigrate to Australia at all, but after a year we finally opened our eyes and realised that South Africa is no longer a home but a prison.

We decided to apply for jobs over the entire Australia, so currently we aren’t sure where we will end up.

I Heard the  humidity in Darwin  is crazy, not sure if its 100% true, please let us know how the LSD went, I would have loved to plan one aswell, but currently cant effort so travel around, we have to find jobs asap. So that we can start living our lives again.

Hope you get a visa soon, as soon as you received that visa you will realize that the easy part is behind you and you’re only now starting the hardest part of you journey. Feeling extremely nervous but so excited .

:rolleyes: I have already realized that. (see my post from 8 Jan). 

All the best. And  "relax... it's only the beginning" :ilikeit:

• Like 2

Hi

Can someone advise on the number you called to follow up on the status of your visa application, I can't seem to find it online?

Chips maybe?

Thanks

@Jolene it's 0061731367000 good luck with the calling we called today and we were told our case is under routine checks and that we  should be patient, calling doesn't help but only delays the process and that they are very very busy ??. So we continue with the waiting but we ain't patient anymore ??

18 minutes ago, Chips said:

@Jolene it's 0061731367000 good luck with the calling we called today and we were told our case is under routine checks and that we  should be patient, calling doesn't help but only delays the process and that they are very very busy ??. So we continue with the waiting but we ain't patient anymore ??

Thanks Chips.  So maybe I shouldn't call just yet then.

The waiting is really getting to me, can't make any concrete plans and have to sort out schooling issues etc. We were hoping to start the kids there in second term which means we will need to have everything tied up here and leave by the first week in April.

So frustrated, so I can imagine how you must be feeling!!

Out of interest where is your case officer based? We seem to be pretty much on the same time line now since our case officer asked for docs on the 2nd December and I sent the same day.

Edited by JoleneW

I know I also have two school going kids and waiting without knowing what's what isn't helping, both the case officers  are from Adelaide apparently they are the slowest. Just wait until it's 3months from lodgement date if no grant by then you can call. Good luck

Hi everyone. Sorry to bother you with this.. I am having trouble login into my IMMI account. I tried to reset the password but that also generates and error.

Anybody else having problems? ...

1 minute ago, vzdike said:

Speaking of IMMI account. Is it worth to open one when you have an agent? 

We had to open an immi account to get our HAP ID and print our medical letters that we needed for the medicals. 

Our agent requested that we open it and explained how to link our application to the account. Other than that I only use it to follow up on the progress myself.

• Like 1