189/190's Lodged Nov 2015

JoleneW

Case officer assigned today. :D She requested my police clearance. Pity as it could have been a direct grant. Waiting not so patiently for it. It's been two weeks and not even showing on their system yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DavePE said:

Case officer assigned today. :D She requested my police clearance. Pity as it could have been a direct grant. Waiting not so patiently for it. It's been two weeks and not even showing on their system yet.

Hi

If you do not mind me asking when did you lodge? How long did you wait for CO contact? Our PCC were registered on the system today after 14 days. 

Edited by vzdike

Hi vzdike,

I  submitted (paid) on the 28th of November and got my first contact today. I had everything else loaded just waiting on the PCC. I used a 3rd party to try and expedite my PCC. Used this person: http://unabridgedcertificates.com/police-clearance-certificates/.

Paid R1250 and to get it done in "10-15 days", and it's not even loaded on the system yet. Mine was also handed in on the 1st or 2nd of December. If I don't get it this week I'm going to throw my toys.

19 minutes ago, DavePE said:

Hi vzdike,

I  submitted (paid) on the 28th of November and got my first contact today. I had everything else loaded just waiting on the PCC. I used a 3rd party to try and expedite my PCC. Used this person: http://unabridgedcertificates.com/police-clearance-certificates/.

Paid R1250 and to get it done in "10-15 days", and it's not even loaded on the system yet. Mine was also handed in on the 1st or 2nd of December. If I don't get it this week I'm going to throw my toys.

I also submitted on the 28th of November and no contact as yet from a CO ?

((I do not hope this is a bad thing..))

I also used a third party for my PCC ((or rather a third party person)) Maybe the public holiday is messing up your PCC showing on the system.

Congrats DavePE, that was quick!

The waiting is really getting to me, it is so hard to make plans etc without having that final grant letter. I must say I am grateful for the Christmas festivities and shopping to distract me momentarily from the wait, but still can't help rushing to check my email every morning as soon as I open my eyes.

Good luck to all waiting, let's hope Santa brings us all grants for Christmas :D

• Like 2

hi everyone, my husband and i are new on the forum. Our agent lodged our EOI  yesterday, what are the chances of being selected tomorrow? he is an electrician with 60 points applying for 189

1 hour ago, Theshi said:

hi everyone, my husband and i are new on the forum. Our agent lodged our EOI  yesterday, what are the chances of being selected tomorrow? he is an electrician with 60 points applying for 189

Hi @Theshi we all relied on this site http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil/4-december-2015-round-results for info regarding the timeframe for invitations. According to this site the last 60 point invitation was on the 8th October.  I don't  like to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think you will get an infitation in this round. Our 60 point EOI was lodged the 17th August and we got an invitation on the 6th of November. Hang in there, this part of the process can't be hurried. You will just have to wait for the invitation. If you have the opportunity to increase your score by doing better in the English you can try that. Or just wait it out....

Regardig Pcc's, at long last our applications are showing on the SAPS website. Just hoping they will get it done soon. 

• Like 1

I have a graph on my web site with the number of Days to Invite for people with 60 points.

http://www.taylormadeimmigration.com/DaystoInvite

It went up when a number of people from the Category 5 backlog were processed.  It went up this month due to the reduction in the number of invites this month. 

Please provide some clarity: they dont take into consideration the occupation just the points only? ceiling for electricians is +8000 but only 79 have been selected why is that? 

There are some occupations in high demand that are dealt with on a pro rata basis, but generally at the EOI stage the consideration is based on the claimed points only.  Only 2.4% of the quota for electrician places was taken up last year, but 100% of the quota for Auditors, Company Secretaries and Corporate Treasures was reached within 3 months. 

The occupational ceiling does not represent the number that are being sought, but rather a calculation related to other factors. 

Hey there its been more than 4weeks now waiting for our police clearance, waiting is starting to get to us, really wish we did our PPC sooner, asked our migration agent several times if we can do it, she advised us to wait till after our visa was lodged. After receiving a case officer 2weeks after lodgement we could have had a visa by Christmas! Not Happy at all.

37 minutes ago, vzdike said:

We recieved our case officer this morning! :D

Awesome, hope you receive some good news soon.

• Like 1

Finally we received our PCC today, my maiden name wasn't printed on the certificate so we had to wait a while for them to reprint and sign the certificate, finally we have everything in place. Now we wait........

Edited by Hanliedb

Hey everyone! After a year of struggling with our application, trying to source points, hitting the one speed bump after the other, feeling miserable, even once considering to immigrate to new Zealand, we received our PPC yesterday's not really positive on getting any news back from our case officer, I decided to check our immi account this morning, as I opened the first page, our application said finalized, feeling nervous yet excited,I opened the next page. There It was.... a 8page letter from the  Australian government, our visa has been granted!! This is the best early Christmas gift we received. So overwhelmed and exciting. 

Everyone please remember to check our immi account once a day even if you are working with a agent!!!! 

Good luck holding thumbs there will be more letters going.

• Like 5

Wow - now that is an awesome Christmas gift! Congratulations!:ilikeit::santa:

All the best for the next phase , 

• Like 1

Fantastic news, congratulations Hanliedb. Best Christmas present 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hanliedb said:

Hey everyone! After a year of struggling with our application, trying to source points, hitting the one speed bump after the other, feeling miserable, even once considering to immigrate to new Zealand, we received our PPC yesterday's not really positive on getting any news back from our case officer, I decided to check our immi account this morning, as I opened the first page, our application said finalized, feeling nervous yet excited,I opened the next page. There It was.... a 8page letter from the  Australian government, our visa has been granted!! This is the best early Christmas gift we received. So overwhelmed and exciting. 

Everyone please remember to check our immi account once a day even if you are working with a agent!!!! 

Good luck holding thumbs there will be more letters going.

If you don't mind me asking, your Case officer was from which officer?

Edited by Chips
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chips said:

from GSM Brisbane name was Kelly Currently our favourite person.

Good day Chips

Indeed l would want to kiss her too, lucky you celebrate and enjoy

• Like 1

That is great news @Hanliedb . Congratulations on those visas. We are still waiting for our pcc's as well! I did not think any of the Nov applicants will get Visas before Christmas. You were so lucky! We will just have to wait patiently until January. I don't think much will happen between now and new year. 

So please start a new post and tell us a bit more about your plans and progress. 

How long did they give you to validate? 

• Like 2