189/190's Lodged Nov 2015

JoleneW

Thanks a lot Good2Go Hopefully you have good news to share soon. 

We are still so shocked and overwhelmed with everything, trying to keep reminding myself i'm a PR of Australia, Whaha Luckily hubby can now start looking for work, according to our visa we have till the 22nd of November 2016 to activate the visa. We still have a lot to do, like sell our house and cars, so not sure when we would be making the big move to Perth. We are telling our family tomorrow morning on charismas day.  

• Like 1

Congrats Hanliedb, I am so happy for you. I can't believe how quick your process went, here's to a fabulous 2016. Good luck with your process further and your new adventure in Perth.

• Like 1

On 07/12/2015 at 0:00 PM, GOOD2GO said:

Hi @BobSA Was your PCC's ready in 4 weeks from submission or from the date it showed on their system?

@Hanliedb My Info is still not showing on the SAPS system. It has been 10 working days since hand-in. 14 days in total. 

We have also started to plan our activation/LSD trip.. Mainly for Budget purposes as we will wait for the Visas before booking.

Something strange that I discovered... When flying Qantas to Sydney, it is more expensive than flying to Perth... You might say "that sounds right" But the strange thing is that the flight to Perth is the same flight to Sydney but you need to get another connecting flight from Sydney to Perth. 

To rephrase ... You fly to Perth via Sydney and it is cheaper than the flight stopping in Sydney????

I don't understand the economics behind that...  

We are also considering booking our flights with Qantas flying visa Sydney to Perth a lot cheaper then flying direct with SAA, do you perhaps know if you will be able to take a extra bag and what the costs, because you only get 30kg each. 

Hanliedb also check Eithad is very cheap and baggage allowance is 2x23kg per person and 7kg hand laugage.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chips said:

Hanliedb also check Eithad is very cheap and baggage allowance is 2x23kg per person and 7kg hand laugage.

Good day

I checked with Eithad but there's 2 stops and with Qantas you only Pay R20 671.16 For 2 Adults and one Child with one Stop. Really not a bad deal.

Good day sweetpea

It went better than expected,  I decided to make a collage with our granted letter and a few photos,  gave it to them as a Christmas gift, my sister in law started crying and walked away but my mother and father in law  looked at the frame for a few seconds and said it's beautiful,  not even reading what it's all about,  haha. I had to phone my parants,  but they all were very supportive. I think they all felt really bad for leaving us all alone on Christmas eve. 

Shame Hanliedb-im glad it went better than you expected. it is sad that we have to leave loved ones behind but it is exciting times ahead for your family too!

Did our medicals today at Hatmed in Pretoria! :) The Doctor did not mention if anything is bad nor good. 

When will I perhaps know if my medicals was cleared. Stressing a tiny bit here... :unsure:

Edited by vzdike

Hi Vzdike,

If something was wrong there's a very good chance they would tell you immediately! They won't reject your visa for anything minor, and if they saw something on the x-ray I can't imagine any doctor not contacting you immediately. They just need to do the HIV test which is the blood test, which should take about 2 days. Then the results are posted to your ImmiAccount and you should receive confirmation via email. So really nothing to worry about in my opinion, if you had a serious medical condition chances are very good that you'd know about it before you did the medical.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DavePE said:

Hi Vzdike,

If something was wrong there's a very good chance they would tell you immediately! They won't reject your visa for anything minor, and if they saw something on the x-ray I can't imagine any doctor not contacting you immediately. They just need to do the HIV test which is the blood test, which should take about 2 days. Then the results are posted to your ImmiAccount and you should receive confirmation via email. So really nothing to worry about in my opinion, if you had a serious medical condition chances are very good that you'd know about it before you did the medical.

Thank you for the reassurance. I appreciate it. :D 

Hi everyone. Happy new year to you all.

We are so frustrated! Our Pcc's is still not ready!!! It has been 6 weeks since we submitted and I have been phoning but nobody answers the phone!!!

Hope these SAPS people get the job done soon!!!!!!:angry: 

Edited by GOOD2GO

Emailing them worked well for us try them there it's crc.clearancecert@saps.gov.za  l can only imagine your frustrations hope it's gets finalised soon.

Just now, Chips said:

Emailing them worked well for us try them there it's crc.clearancecert@saps.gov.za  l can only imagine your frustrations hope it's gets finalised soon.

Hi @Chips I did send an email early this morning! no response yet, I am holding thumbs to hear something tomorrow!

Ok cool, they always responsed 10 minutes later am sure tomorrow morning they will ?

Hi Good2Go,

In the same boat as you, pulling my hair out waiting. Did you receive an email from your case officer asking for your PCC? I just realized yesterday that they require an answer to their email in 28 days. Don't forget to mail them back and tell them that you are busy acquiring the PCC else they could potentially just cancel your visa...

Also you need to phone the number a few times early in the morning and they will answer. I got through yesterday and the lady on the other end said it should be done in another two weeks. Too be honest I don't think she has a clue when it will be done. It's not even loaded onto their system yet so I can't see the status online.

:( argh this waiting is really getting to me...so hard to make plans without that magic piece of paper.  

Wish immigration would hurry up already, my patience after skills, EOI and lodging is pretty much at its limits.

• Like 1

So, I'm still waiting for an answer to my application for South Australia sponsorship for a 190 visa before I can finally lodge an application with the DIBP. Week 5 and counting. Meanwhile, the Rand continues to weaken and the visa application fee (2 adults and 2 kids) now looks decidedly horrendous. Anyone else in the same boat? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DavePE said:

Hi Good2Go,

In the same boat as you, pulling my hair out waiting. Did you receive an email from your case officer asking for your PCC? I just realized yesterday that they require an answer to their email in 28 days. Don't forget to mail them back and tell them that you are busy acquiring the PCC else they could potentially just cancel your visa...

Also you need to phone the number a few times early in the morning and they will answer. I got through yesterday and the lady on the other end said it should be done in another two weeks. Too be honest I don't think she has a clue when it will be done. It's not even loaded onto their system yet so I can't see the status online.

Our applications showed on their system on the 12 December after submitting on the 23rd November. I will try and phone again tommorow. I believe our agent notified the case officer.

56 minutes ago, JoleneW said:

:( argh this waiting is really getting to me...so hard to make plans without that magic piece of paper.  

Wish immigration would hurry up already, my patience after skills, EOI and lodging is pretty much at its limits.

Hi @JoleneW I know what you mean. Its driving wife and myself nuts. 

• Like 1

Hi Guys

I've finally got another computer after being robbed of my last one so I haven't posted for a while. Having sent my PCC's 13 November, I received mine on the 28th Dec but my wife's one is still outstanding. She has a drunk driving charge from 1999 and apparently it will take longer. Does anybody know how much longer?

Great to hear some of the group are getting there Visas. Congratulations and I'm sure the nerves are jingling!

We have put our house on the market in the mean time.

JandB if you have a conviction it can take between 15 and 30 extra days to get your PCC. Do you think that conviction will affect the outcome of your visa?

It's really encouraging to see that so many people are now receiving their visa grants. Really heartening for those who are still playing the waiting game. To all those still waiting, hang in there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you and I know this thread will be markedly different in the next few weeks and months.

• Like 1

Just now, DavePE said:

JandB if you have a conviction it can take between 15 and 30 extra days to get your PCC. Do you think that conviction will affect the outcome of your visa?

I was informed by two migration agents that drunk driving offences would not be a problem (except of course for the longer wait). I think if you have a unresolved arrest or an outstanding sentence for a crime, then it is a problem.

JandBwithR I am sure all will be fine, I hope you receive the PCC back soon.

Hoping4Oz I hope you receive and answer from Siuth Australia soon. I think everyone has been on skeleton staff over the Christmas period so here's hoping everyone gets into first gear from Monday, I agree I am sure we'll see many more grants coming through in the next couple of weeks.

To all those "im"patiently waiting hang in there and take comfort in the fact you're not alone in your wait!

18 hours ago, Hoping4Oz said:

So, I'm still waiting for an answer to my application for South Australia sponsorship for a 190 visa before I can finally lodge an application with the DIBP. Week 5 and counting. Meanwhile, the Rand continues to weaken and the visa application fee (2 adults and 2 kids) now looks decidedly horrendous. Anyone else in the same boat? 

Hopefully waiting for sponsorship will work in your favour and the rand picks up.