189's lodged July 2015

Great news Tina. When did u submit pcc? We still waiting. Submitted beginning Oct and showed on the system on the 9th

We lodged our EOI 23 July, and got the invitation around end Aug and uploaded docs. Got VPO and a request for more docs and PCC's and medicals 23 Sep. We had until 20 Oct to submit all those which we did (except the PCC's which we just sent the receipt to show that we had applied). So this is really the absolute LAST thing we needed (I hope) and then I'm hoping and praying that we get lucky and get a visa within a month.

We are working through an agent so I assume after paying almost R80 000 to them that they would have advised if there was anything else we needed to do. Until now they have been VERY helpful and for me it was worth the money. We had a HUGE amount of docs to submit for various things including Vetassess and they guided us the whole way.

We submitted on 1 Oct but showed on the system 3 October. I check every day at least once but today it showed "FINALIZED" 28 October. Yesterday it didn't show anything.

We submitted on 1 Oct but showed on the system 3 October. I check every day at least once but today it showed "FINALIZED" 28 October. Yesterday it didn't show anything.

Ok so hopefully just a few more days for me to wait.

Tina, that finalized is hopefully something to be excited about!!!!! Mine just says application received....but I did only lodge a week ago...

I get so excited when I see the grant messages, gives me hope :-)

Well it looks like our PCC's are also ready :) Finalized date: 28/10/2015 and it showed up on the system on 3/10/2015. Hoping that they are correct though....

Edited by Odendaal

Congratulations Orinoco....celebrate hard mate... you give us hope that one way or the other we will all end up with that elusive email in our inbox

Our VPO from Adelaide was assigned the same day as Enzo from Brisbane Orinoco.......Let's hope the Adelaide VPO is also on the ball!

Also GOOD LUCK to everyone else waiting!

• Like 1

Looks like we've already encountered the next delay :(

Apparently the queue at the SAPS building for the PCC's is outside the door. My poor husband is standing waiting (impatiently). Flip, I hope those PCC's are correct. I just can't anymore. I want to and I try, but I just can't. This needs to happen NOW!!

So l have heard that most grants happens on Monday and Thursday, don't know how far true it is.

Woohoo!!! Received the grant! So blessed.

Timeline as follows (important bits in bold):

Decided to go: February 2015

Agent appointed: 09 March

IELTS test: 18 April

IELTS results received: 04 May (8.5, 9.0, 8.5, 9.0)

Skilss assessment submitted: 05 June (ACS)

Skills Assessment received: 17 June

EOI submitted: 23 June (189 visa, ICT Business Analyst, 75 points)

Invite received: 6 July

Wife IELTS test: 23 July

Application Lodged: 23 July

PCC application: 1 August

Wife IELTS received: 06 August

CO Appointed: 01 September (requested medicals and PCC's)

Medicals submitted: 10 September

PCC received: 7 October (wife's maiden name not required, all requested documentation now submitted)

Grant received: 29 October

For all those waiting, I will be praying that you get yours soon

Edited by Jaws
  • Like 3

Congrats JAWS and thanks for the helpful timeline.

To be honest I am enjoying this time of not having to get anything done. The Aussie's seem to work like clockwork, churning out VISA's in a semi-predictable way...this helps me relax a lot as all of our days of receiving the VISA slide closer. Our house is on the market, so we're waiting with that too, I guess I'm becoming a professional at waiting! There are big changes coming which I am both excited and nervous for, and they can happen at their own pace thanks...my nerves can't take much more :blink:

Thanks to everyone on here for the encouragement and openness, it really does help.

• Like 2

Congrats Jaws!

All this news about Visas being granted is making me sooo excited. However I'm still at the stage where I've received my invite and my agent's about to Lodge my 189 Visa App.

This Forum and everyone who's on it are like lights in this loooooong tunnel called immigration. Thank God it finally leads to a better life for us and our kids!

Edited by Pink

Congrats to everyone who received their grants

@Peanuts I'm cheering for you, hang in there!

Edited by SherlockandWatson
  • Like 3

Hi guys,

When completing the form 80 do you need to do one for your spouse too? I see there is also a 1221 for for spouse, how many of you submitted this doc?

TIA

Edited by TashyL