189's lodged July 2015

Congrats Sassyninja!!

Our VPO is Poonam Raonta........did anyone get a approval from this VPO as yet? Thanks

• Like 1

Thansk BigShark - we can only find up until 2008 - but need 2007. UGH!

Was hoping for a direct grant - oh well.

We dont know our VPO's name.

Bigshark and Sassyninja. ...did they specify what period they need. Also did anyone make contact with their VPO via email and received a reply?

• Like 1

Hi Our VPO(CO) is Enzo from Brisbane

needed to complete medicals and form 80.

congrats Sassyninja.

those with a CO already, any follow up news?

• Like 1

Great news Sassyninja, so glad for you!!!

Our CO asked for PCC's and medicals, but I have already submitted the payslips for the past 10 years when I lodged the application.

• Like 2

My VPO (thanks Sassyninja) is Sunni, also from Adelaide.

They only asked for medicals, which I have confirmed were already submitted successfully. I'm not sure why they did not pick them up, as I have not had a response from the VPO regarding this yet.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, just some random info, if your police clearance is within 6 months from date of issue, you can do a payment to SAPS of R96 and send them the proof of payment with your ID and request a re issue. They will do a re issue for you which will take between 3 to 5 working days. So no need to do fingerprints again.

I managed to get ours re issued so the date that it was re issued is now a month and a bit later than before so we will have a bit of extra time to enter Oz.

Edited by Shehraan
  • Like 1

We sent our old certificate less than 6mnths old,lD,fingers prints and the R96. How do u request for a re-issue? Thank you Shehraan

Edited by Chips

With a lot of us in the same 'waiting' boat... this is what i found to answer my Q as to how much longer...

Once the case officer has everything to make a decision they will normally grant the visa within a few days. However the time taken for the case officer to review the file once assigned or granting of the visa can depend on a number of factors such as their work load, their holidays, sick days, public holidays and in some cases Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) officers work job share so are only in the office 2, 3 or 4 days a week.

It is important to note there is no need to email or contact DIAC to make further enquiries as this only delays the process further. The more time taken replying to enquiries means less time for working on files. We would only advise contacting the case officer in emergencies or the case officer is taking an extended period of time to grant the visa once all documents have been provided. DIAC also strongly advise you not make any adverse decisions until a visa has been granted. So no booking flights, quitting jobs, removing children from school, selling property until the visa has been approved as nothing is ever 100% guaranteed.

• Like 2

@chips, I obtained the banking details from them using the email address below

crc.clearancecert@saps.gov.za

I then sent them proof of payment with copy of ID to same email address and was told to call them in 3 to 5 working days. Called them to confirm it was ready and then sent a courier to collect.

I think send an email to this email address I always received a reply timeously

Thank you Shehraan helpful always will email them right away.

Today it has been exactly 3 months since we lodged our visa application and I get a little more nervous every day. I check my emails every morning when I open my eyes and a million times throughout the day.

This has definitely been the hardest part of our journey to date although I am certain there will be many more even more difficult things laying ahead.

Good luck to everybody waiting with us! It is a tremendous help knowing there are people who is going through the same thing and also having this forum where I can vent some of my frustrations.

Edited by Peanuts
  • Like 2

Yes Peanuts. ..I have to admit that my suffering is eased by the knowledge that you guys are all suffering with us?.....This is definitely the most stressful/taxing part of the application.

I imagine that the amount of applicants has shot up dramatically though. I read somewhere that 7 times more people have applied this year compared to last year?

• Like 1

Wow, that's a lot. But it's not very surprising.

Wow Peanuts!!!

I can't believe it. I would have been in a mental hospital by now!!!

That is why I broke my back (and my wallet) just to get everything in before they asked. Does it not help to email your CO? I know they ask not to but they do say that you can if you feel it is taking beyond stated time periods, don't they?

@GranvilleMay15, there was also an article in the Rapport apparently about how over-booked the English testing centres are this year, and yes @ RedPanda, doesn't surprise my in the least either.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. I am holding thumbs for you. I know the waiting is soul destroying to say the least.

Update from my side: House finally sold, tickets booked for Jan 2016 - Gold Coast, QLD

• Like 3

Gold Coast seems like a great place Izzy......we will be off to Narangba/North Lakes halfway between Sunshine Coast and Brisbane. ...

O Btw. ......Izzy sorry to ask but what are the ticket prices like in Jan?

Hahaha...it seems that your post got stuck during sending? Happens sometimes.

The waiting is really tiring, don't worry Peanuts you are not the only one checking emails 5 times a day, l even check after midnight every night :(

Edited by Chips
  • Like 1

Ha ha Granville... stuck record much? (LOL)

We bought one way tickets, they cost R36 000 for 4 of us. (Quantas)

We bought ours online (worked out bout 10K cheaper than agent). Check for one way "immigration specials"

That seems rather cheap......What date in Jan....Reason I am asking is Emirates were not shy to advertise roughly R90000 and up for 3 people from 4 Dec to about 19 Jan......