189's lodged July 2015

Congrats MTB!!

Waiting for that damn PCC... I dont think my husband minds. He is not keen on going without a job offer. He is in no hurry.

Edited by TacticJourney

@Granville, if you are lucky enough to get through they just tell you that it is in process and they cannot tell you when it will be finished.

• Like 2

@Tacticjourney, haven't even thought about the job search yet, will cross that bridge when I (hopefully) get the visa. But yes, that is probably the next big hurdle.

Well done MTB!!!

Orinoco and I need to do medicals beginning October. Waiting for a case officer - been just over 6 weeks waiting so far. Hoping we can possibly get the direct grant.

Congrats guys...

As of 22 Sep, my immiacct status says "Assessment in Progress"

I hope it's not too long now.

• Like 1

We waiting for a case officer and then only will we start with the PCC and medicals. We are trying to extend our activation year so that we have more time in the new year. Hubby is also not too keen to rush into a job search so close the end of the year, he would prefer to crack open that egg in the new year.

Also waiting for PCC's, 5 weeks and counting...

I did get through to inquire about progress about 2 weeks ago, they said it should take another week. Need I say more!

PS Congrats MTB! I'm not jealous at all :lol:

Edited by MSL

Congratulations MTB,no news yet slowly getting impatient :(

@MTB - are you saying you received a direct grant without your PCC yet?

@Chips - you and I are in the same boat buddy! I can hear the clock ticking.

• Like 1

@Sassyninja hold on hey soon we will be sharing our good news,patience pays

• Like 2

@MTB - Oh OK, then I misunderstood, thought you hadn't received your PCC's yet. :)

Thanks for all the reassurance - but I still cant help but check my email in the middle of the night. hahaha #nolies

@BIGSHARK:

Your reasons for waiting are valid but just bear in mind that a case officer gives you 28 days to load outstanding info and pcc's often take longer than that....

Keep in mind that once a 189 visa has been activated the holders have 5 years from the date of first grant to actually move to Aus, so that gives you lots of time to tie off things. Also, I have heard that if your PCCs are taking long you can contact your CO and show them the receipts (ie proof that you have requested the needed documentation) and they extend the time you have to submit. Just check this with other people too, but that's what I heard.

For those of you also still waiting... our agent says:

"Since July DIBP seem to have slowed down with their application processing.

I believe this is related to the merger of two government departments: DIBP and Customs to form ‘Border Force’. "

• Like 1

seems like the system is waking up. :jester: we also received an email for CO being assigned. hee haa. now for the hurry part of 'hurry up and wait' ideology.

• Like 5