189's lodged July 2015

Lol. My guess is that you are either a statistician or in IT?

What worries me is that according to your database Brisbane ranks pretty low :blush:

What are you using for the criteria in your ranking? And for my sake can you please bump up Brisbane a few places? ;)

• Like 1

We're looking to move in Feb 2016, depends on house sale. I second the request to show Brisbane in a better light, that's where we'll be headed too!

• Like 1

We have no idea when or where, it depends on work, money etc.

We are basically using all our savings and everything else we have to make this move possible. It is scary because right now we definitely don't have money to go over and sustain ourselves for however long it will take to find work etc.

• Like 1

Haha - OK - I tried removing the BeachRating and the ITDemandRating which would hurt Brisbane a little but still no movement from tenth.
There are many more places below Brisbane if that makes you feel better...

We are personally looking for a family vibe - a beach town - and weather not too drastic - so for us Noosa would be perfect - BUT jobs will dictate!

*Included in the danger score is shark attacks, fires, earthquakes etc.

stats.PNG

Can you see the image?

Edited by Sassyninja
  • Like 2

Lol. Where on earth did you get all this data? You really are very thorough :ilikeit:

Seeing that I will be looking for a job in the IT industry, what did you base your IT demand rating on, if you don't mind me asking?

• Like 1

No, can't see the image unfortunately, might be my browser. We probably won't "live" in Brisvegas, perhaps in one of the small towns close by, maybe even the Gold Coast, but my best bet to find work would probably be in Brisbane itself.

Jaws - the excel is saved as an image above. If you cant see it ill have to try something else.

I used all IT jobs availability as listed on seek website for each town.

Very clever Sassyninja. I have heard that Noosa is really great, so you are spot on.

BTW, don't be too worried about the shark attacks. Just make sure you always swim with a diving knife. If you see a shark just stab the person nearest to you :P

On our get health detail tab on immi - account it 'says no further medical information required'. ....So I assume that is how one would know whether medicals were accepted?

• Like 1

I can see it now, thanks Sassyninja. Very interesting. Would love to know how this changes once you have done your LSD.

Hi Sassyninja, I love your table! (now that I can see it too :D )

Week 9 today...

Tick tock...

RedPanda, you say you waited 10 weeks? Was that a direct grant or had you been contacted in the meantime?

AWESOME news Peanuts!! :ilikeit:

So whats the average waiting time?

Do points matter at this stage, or not anymore?

• Like 1

@sassyninja

I don't think points matter at this stage. I think it helps up to the point of receiving an invite.

It took about 7 weeks to get a CO, now it probably depends on when we will get our Police Clearances?

@izzystypes

They asked for form 80, PCC's and proof of my english (secondary applicant).

I'm only writing the Pearson test on Wednesday after not being able to get a letter from University. Luckily the results are available really quickly.

Edited by Peanuts

Hi Everyone,

Great forum - we received our invite beginning July and lodged on the 7th August. So far we have up-loaded most docs apart from the PCC's (will do this weekend), we still need to go for the medical check for us and the kids, plus form 80.

So 4 weeks today...it seems like the norm is anywhere between 6 weeks and 10 weeks?

Good luck for the English test Peanuts! PCC took around 20 working days for us, sometimes it is quicker.

For those married ladies getting their PCC, check that they have your maiden surname on the form as well, mine came back with only the married surname so had to follow up and luckily the new one was generated in a week and a half.

@Jaws, once you know what the medical fee is please let us know, we are going to book for end Sept in JHB. We are also looking at northern Gold Coast to live, we are both in IT so holding thumbs it will be easy enough to find work!

• Like 2

Hi Move2Aus

Our medicals are booked for 10 September, and I have confirmed the costs. Chips had it 100% correct, it is R800 per person for the medical, and X rays are R500 each (only for the grown ups), and urine tests are R190.

• Like 1