189's lodged July 2015

Okay, some progress. PCC' submitted today (dropped them off at the agent). Will schedule the medicals fro 3 weeks from now, and hopefully I would have gotten the timing just right to stand a chance at a direct grant.

Good luck everyone.

• Like 2

Thats awesome. We've just booked for medicals for next week - havent done PCC yet. EEK.

• Like 1

I am doing the application on my own for 189. They have not asked me for my form 80 though. The PCC is what they for character assessment. I submitted 11 August. PCC sent to Pretoria 18 Aug....doing medicals 25 Aug. To avoid second payment on visa, my wife is doing IELTS on 29 August.

Good luck everyone

• Like 1

For those that may want to postpone their activation of the visa to as late as possible, just remember that your activation deadline is one year from the date of your PCC or medical, whichever was done first.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Jaws - did not know that - Medicals booked for next week. Was planning to activate by March though, so should be fine.

GranvilleMay15

I had not heard of that before.

Anyone. ..Please advise.....Can I even after EOI for 189 for my family apply for a 600 visitor visa? I need to go check out schools and visit my place of employment etc. Basically can I enter on the 600 visa without activating the 189? I do not want a situation where I accidentally activate the 189 then they cancel my wife/kid visa....

Hey Granville,

My understanding is that you can enter the country at different stages however as long as all have entered Aus before your activation date it should be fine. I stand to be corrected though. There is a "Activation" topic in this forum maybe ask the question there to those who have already done their activation.

Edited by TashyL

hi All

Just some feedback.

We lodged our application beginning of August. And have applied for PCC. Should be collecting them today from Courier. Holding thumbs all is correct.

Uploaded all the relevant documents.

Now just waiting to any type of communication from Aus. Hurry up and wait.

• Like 2

We have lodged our 189 visa on 13th Aug! Have sent through application for PCC but have not yet booked for medicals. Also need to submit form 80 as haven't got around to filling that in as yet!!!! Good luck to all who have submitted!!!

@Granville, I don't believe it is a definite requirement. I think it is only if they request it. But I reckon you cover yourself by doing it anyway so if they do want it, they already have it.

Edited by Shehraan

Hie GranvilleMay15 and Shehraan your form 80 are you gonna fill them with a pen and scan or fill it online? Thank you

Hi Chips, most probably with pen and scan it if that is allowed? Can anyone who has submitted form 80 guide us?

I typed into the PDF and then uploaded a digital signature - but you can type and then print and sign and scan back in too. Whatever works for you.

Hi All

EOI lodged today... :-)

And It begins.

• Like 1

Thank you Sassyninja will try that.

Hi july gang,

i have a question:

we lodged on july 3 and i uploaded final docs yesterday (pcc's)...

i have seen on the forum that the status should say "processing - pls wait for dept to contact you", but mine has only said "processing" since the time of lodgement. does anyone have similar experience?

Hi izzystypes

I checked last night and all I can see is the words "processing" next to each applicants name.

We just have to be patient I guess.

Hope this puts your mind at ease. The waiting bit seems to be the hardest.

thanks so much peanuts, that does put my mind at ease

this waiting is really not good for my sanity (lol)

• Like 1

I see there's no August thread so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon here.

Our EOI was submitted on the 24th of August. Here's to hoping everyone gets invites in the next round :ilikeit:

So, wallyengels, go ahead and start one! ;)