189's lodged July 2015

@Move2Oz: I read somewhere that if you have been married for a while (eg 10 years +) they aren't too worried about the PCC having your maiden name on it.

@Peanuts: Did they ask for form 80 for all (over 18) applicants or only main applicant?

• Like 1

We lodged on VISA 189 on August 5th and waiting patiently. Still recovering from the expense, it was an awful lot of money to part with in one go and with nothing to show for it. I am also now just waiting for a case officer. We are only applying for the PCC's and medicals after they request so that we can extend our activation as long as possible. This gives us more time to get organized for the departure. Can't wait to get some news!

Hi Bigshark,

We also found it quite a shock to the system when we paid the money! Makes it all so much more real as well. Will be great when we get case officers!!

We are hoping to move over before August next year so did the PCC now.

The waiting game :-)

Well in our case, GenDemo has a work contract to finish, and that ends very close to the wedding of a very good friend of mine, so we reckoned that it would just be stupid to force the issue and leave sooner. (Also, I still have a masters dissertation to finish.) We're leaving in May 2016. It's possible that the big rush is not to leave right now, but to secure that visa asap.

• Like 1

We'll put our house on the market in Jan, gives us about 4 months to sort everything out as we want look at going over May / June... that's if we get the visa by Dec.

Thanks peanuts, really hoping they don't ask for ours. My hubby was a backpacker for 9 years before we met. Tried to fill it in for him but with 40 countries visited it's a nightmare!!!!

I'm so happy for you that you got some news today.

@izzystypes

Oh my word, I can only imagine the logistical nightmare. My husband worked between Mozambique and South Africa for two years and even that is a lot of info to complete.

I'm sure you will share some good news really soon?

Congratulations Peanuts on the case officer hoping for pcc will be done soon.

• Like 1

I wasn't asked for form 80 (yet)

I was contacted by a skilled support officer. (Whatever that is) I actually made a mistake on my EOI (YIKES!!!!) but luckily they picked it up as an inadvertent error and asked for permission to rectify it. So glad they saw that it was an honest mistake it could have jeopardised my entire application!!!!

So I had to grant consent before they could continue processing.

Not sure if they only pick up the file after the 28 days they give you to reply or if they carry on with it as soon as you respond. Anyone know???

TimmysMom: 9 and a half weeks

• Like 1