189's lodged July 2015

Hi There,

I received an invitation this morning to apply for NSW State Sponsorship :) . Is there anyone else who has received an invite for NSW or who is doing a 190 visa application?

• Like 1

Congrats TashyL!! I'm still waiting for my skills assessment from VETASSESS!! A painstakingly long wait!!

Congratulations TashL are you gonna lodge the 190 or are you gonna wait for September invitation round to see if you don't get invited for the 189?

• Like 1

Ramses thats an awfully long wait! Hang in there!!

@ Chips, I am going to wait for the 7th Sept to see if I get an invite because this invite has not impacted my EOI yet it is just to apply with NSW and I have 14 days to submit. So there is sufficient time :)

Hi all

I have done some reading on the Internet and there seems to be a trend of higher processing times for high risk countries (such as ours). RedPanda, maybe you can shed some light on this?

Keeping my fingers crossed for you TashL an invite will definitely be in your inbox come 7 September.

Hi There,

I have been preparing my documents for my VISA application and wanted to know whether those who have applied obtained letters from every company you were employed with over the last 10 years?

I have these letters for my skill related employment which is for the past 5 years and anything before that was not related to my current role in any way. I also had study breaks in between working. Should I request letters for all my previous employers?

TIA

TashyL

Am I the only one that is now considerably poorer since starting the 189 visa process????

Ok. Thanks....Hopefully just a few weeks for us then....Jeez..This wait is killing me.

• Like 2

Nope, it sure ain't cheap.

And now for the medicals. We'll probably be doing it in Hatfield. Anyone been there lately for their medicals that could give me an idea of the costs involved?

We went in CT and it worked out to roughly R3800 for a family of 3....including the Xrays/medical and blood tests

Wow Jaws, that is great news!

Glad to see things are moving along. Hopefully you will have your visa soon.

We went for our medicals in Durban and it was just over R6000 for two adults and two little ones.

Edited by Peanuts
  • Like 1

Jaws in Hatfield PTA kids are r800 each they don't do blood test and adults per person it's also r800 and X rays are r500 each and urine tests are r190.

• Like 1

Jaws congrats!!! what do you mean by PCCs in time? How long do you have to get them? Whats the deadline?

We had medicals in Durban was over 6K for family of 4.

• Like 1

Wow Jaws, I'm jels!! 6 weeks!

We went to hatmed in pta, was 1800 per adult and 800 per kid. I think the chest x rays and blood tests were a few hundred extra

Peanuts: that means they must be looking at our files by now too?

Sassyninja when a CO asks for docs you have 28 days to produce them.

• Like 3

Oh. Thanks - did not know that. flip. Have done medicals but only sending PCC to Pretoria tomorrow.

@sassyninja

You can also send proof that you have applied and are waiting for your documents. It doesn't have to be the actual document. Don't stress about it too much. A lot of people wait until the CO is assigned before applying for PCC's and medicals.

• Like 2

@Granville, Sassy, Peanuts. Izzy and Chips, thanks for the info regarding costs, much appreciated.

@Peanuts and Izzy, I'm sure you'll get CO's within the next week or so. Holding thumbs.

@Sassyninja, my agent says that as long as you keep the CO informed as to any delays there should not be a problem (as stated by Peanuts above). FYI, my agent said that there is a huge backlog at the SAPS at the moment for PCC's, but she also said that Australia knows about this backlog and is therefore accommodating. But I would get my PCC's in as soon as possible if I were you.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks Jaws and Peanuts - will send receipts through. We lodged on 7 August so expecting to hear in the next 2 weeks. (Rather Hopeful)

When are you all planning to move there? And where?

No family anywhere there - hoping to hold out til 2017 for shares, but the rand is hurrying us along, will see.

I have a database of researched info. haha. Will do a LSD in March next year.

Here are just 4 fields... to give you an idea. But can personalise for beach towns etc. (TempDiff is difference between avg max and avg min.)

Rating CityTownName Population TempDiff 26.56 Melbourne, Victoria 4440328 10 22.70 Adelaide, South Australia 1304631 10 22.30 Canberra, ACT 355596 14 18.16 Perth, Western Australia 2021203 12 15.59 Hobart, Tasmania 219200 9 14.28 Sunshine Coast, Queensland 297380 9 14.03 Sydney, New South Wales 4840628 8 13.87 Noosa, Queensland 51962 10 13.69 Gold Coast, Queensland 614379 8 12.67 Brisbane, Queensland 2274460 10