189's lodged July 2015

We tried to lodge tonight but thanks to Telkom, we are unable to proceed with payment once again! They are performing maintenance in our area and the service keeps timing out :boxing: Not the happiest camper at this stage towards our dear parastatal! Good luck for tomorrow those of you waiting for a invite!!

Sassyninja she is also on this page under 189 lodged in august and September she is JessJ also wanted to cry when l saw it.

• Like 1

Nice to see lots of people here in the same boat as us....helps calm the nerves a little bit. Normally I'm a patient person and throughout the past main stages like the assessments, pcc, English test I managed to wait stress freely. Somehow I managed to switch off until those milestones were reached....even waiting for the CO wasn't as bad. But this part right here where you've submitted everything is killing me. Really can't stand it.I guess it's the do or die nature of it coz suddenly every effort time and money spent in this process comes down to this final outcome... But when you look at other cases you kinda realise that others have been waiting much longer. @Peanuts I really hope that the next bit of good news we hear is from you coz 3 months and counting is no joke. I'm a week shy of a month since CO contact and 2 months since lodging but I'm struggling.

My one regret, for the benefit of those that have just lodged, is not having my stuff ready for a direct grant.my CO contact date of the 29th of September could have been my D day. (Planning a December activation trip hence the pressure). Direct grant time lines I have seen show abt 6 weeks from lodging to grant.so for anyone not bothered by getting an activation date less than a year from grant I'd suggest do your pcc early form 80 everything before the CO contact and fast track the grant from 3 months waiting to 6-8 weeks. That's been my observation on the excel sheet with time lines esp with the Adelaide COs, they seem to look out for direct grants first coz most of their grants in the last 2 months are predominantly direct....

Anyways guys all the best to everyone,thanks for this wonderful thread and happy waiting... hopefully not much longer.

• Like 3

Hi all, I am ready to lodge today...I just wanted to know whether it's fine to upload docs as they come? I have most of my docs ready but still waiting for IRP's. Also the photos did any of you take mobile pics and upload as per the size required?

In the letter when the CO asked for more docs, they gave me 28 days to have everything uploaded. Today is the 28th day. I just assumed that the CO would then contact me/ grant visa within this time frame! ? Obviously wrong assumption. Did anyone else that had CO assigned also have 28 days and what was your experience?

Hi Granville

Our CO requested extra documents on the 4th of September, we uploaded everything a week later and since the request have received no feedback.

My nerves are shattered!!!

Edited by Peanuts

Hi Granville,

I see you lodged your application about a week before I did. I have heard twice now that people have received their VISA's exactly 3 months after applying. I see this is not the case for Peanuts, (sorry about that!), but this is the time frame I'm waiting for.

Just also know that no-one here is alone in their wait for this life-changing approval, hang in there and try to enjoy the calm before the mayhem!

Thanks MSL....I have finally found peace that I will have to wait patiently!

I need to Google re the dept merger......

Thanks MSL....I have finally found peace that I will have to wait patiently!

I need to Google re the dept merger......

I have just been stalking the Aug/Sept thread and it seems they aren't even getting invites (for EOI) either...

From what I can gather there were invites expected today. Some have waited and been disappointed for a second round already.

So it just seems that there is general non-communication from the DIBP at the moment. One person wrote that their agent had commented on this too and did not know why.

Keep the faith everyone. I say if all your documents are in order, they won't refuse your application, it just seems to be taking a bit longer at the moment. Remember there is also a massive rise in the amount of applications this year (from SA).

@GranVille, I read that 2 departments are merging into one, hence the name change to DIBP from DIAC. There has been word of it since last year but it seems that it is now on the go.

Keep the faith everyone, especially you @Peanuts!

• Like 1

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

just letting gout some steam.

the wait is excruciating... I check my emails every morning and nudda.

• Like 4

Hello Everyone

Just stumbled upon this thread and found it extremely helpful. My EOI was granted on Monday and I'm hoping to sort Visa payments before the end of this week. I forwarded PCC to Pretoria on 16 October 2015

Please advise must I wait for Case Officer to do Medicals?

I would also like to know what's a "direct grant?"

Tia

Hey Pink,

When you say your EOI was granted are you referring to an invitation?

As soon as your visa is lodged there is a questionnaire you can complete which will generate an Hpa ID which you can use to book medicals. It is not necessary to wait for a case officer.

My understanding of a direct grant is when you don't get comms from a vpo/case officer and you get a grant letter with no other docs needed. This also usually occurs when you submitted the correct docs for your application.

All the best with your app :)

Thanks TashyL

Lol, yup that's exactly what I meant. I got an Invitation....

Btw how will I know which doc. to go to? I live in Durban

I agree with @TashyL, if you submit everything before the CO is assigned and assuming you do it correctly then when the CO is assigned he'll go through your application and realise that you have submitted everything already and will just grant the visa. If at the time of CO assignment some items are still missing then the CO will request for this. The problem with this is that once the CO requests info it may take him or her up to 7 weeks or even more to come back and have another look at your application which sucks because the waiting is a pain.

You can also never plan to get a direct grant and be certain of it because even after front loading everything,the CO might still ask for additional info like the former 80, more payslips etc which will mean longer processing periods.

Lastly the activation date when your visa is finally approved will be the earliest of your PCCs or medicals date plus 12 months so if you want to be given an activation date as far as possible then delay doing medicals and PCCs for about another month although PCCs are tricky to leave it late due to errors that come on the certificates sometimes.

Good luck with the app

Fabulous! Congrats :)

Here is a list of the Dr's in KZN if you google you can find all the details or use the search function on the Immi Website

Expanded Durban

emedical.png ShipMed Medical Services (Pty) Ltd Summary

Medical and Radiology examinations

Street address

The Ear Nose and Throat Centre
Entabeni Hospital

Counter hours

For appointments contact Marie Fynn

Telephone

+27 31 261 8291

Fax

+27 31 261 4644

Additional information

Doctor(s):
Dr Robert Dungan
Dr David Ogg

Was away on holiday for a week thought Peanuts, GranvilleMay15, Sassyninja, and MSL had received great news hopefully we will all have good news beginning or mid November. Fingers and toes crossed for everyone

• Like 1

Waiting for my PCC's to be done is driving me nuts too!

I'm hoping the 25 day turnaround time will be adhered to, we at 20 days now. This is my very last document to be submitted and then I wait again.

Tick tock, tick tock.