189's lodged July 2015

@Sassyninja if he's right that would be 7 weeks from CO contact for me. Worst case scenario week 8 from CO contact. Currently stuck in week 5 :(

@Munchkin and Chips,Take it with a pinch of salt I think he was just giving a worst case scenario. Sort of saying only be worried if you don't hear from us after this time period and don't stress till then.

A look at that online excel spreadsheet seems to also show (non - direct) grants for co contacts (adelaide)at the 15th of September mark which seems to validate that I might still have 2 more weeks. Like someone said that spreadsheet will drive you crazy as there are a lot of inconsistencies in waiting periods.

What I find unfair is some of the direct grants. You have ppl lodging in October and getting direct grants whilst ppl that loaded everything after co contact on say the 16th of September are still waiting for that second coming of the co. So while some are getting unexpected grants, others are hanging waiting forever.

On a lighter note guys think about it, we've come a long way several months, I'm sure we can do another couple of weeks. So cheer up, open an English test thread and remember how far we've come!!!

• Like 2

Everyone on this forum and the relevant threads are my makeshift psychologists! Thanks for all the therapy! !!!☺

Makes this waiting period more manageable and keeps me sane

Very true Gwynn feeling a little better :)

Edited by Chips

Nothing from us still waitingggggggg

I think our CO was allocated in September but we submitted the last of our documents to the agent on 2 Nov. I know I should be more patient but I just can't. I will have to pay school registration fees for next year (R5000 non refundable) by end Nov. I REALLY don't want to do that. I feel ill.

• Like 1

Feeling the same way as you all. I just want to know for sure so I can move along with more practical planning.

• Like 2

How frustrating is this.......This morning I received an email that starts with GSM allocated....and I literally do a summersault because this is my VPO......

Only to discover that it is just an email saying that they have a high number of emails to answer! No news on a grant etc!!!!???

Well...back to waiting. ....

Oooohhh no Granville, l have noticed that people that applied 1st week of August are getting grants now so next week or after it could be you hold on.

• Like 2

I keep harassing our agent and I know they have nothing to tell me. I just feel so helpless. I'm selling my furniture this week because I feel like I have to do something :)

So we may be sleeping on the floor for the next few months, but at least I feel like I'm making progress. This sucks!

• Like 1

Fingers crossed hope one of us gets something before end of week.

Apparently someone from the Department of Immigration called my husbands employers. Ha ha ha - just as well we have been upfront with them about our plans!!! Not sure if it means anything but I'm hoping it means SOMETHING is happening.

Good news is that we have sold a few items of furniture :) Dining table, 2 small desks, fridge, chest freezer, and a free standing aircon (which I am not letting go of until this heat wave is over). Tomorrow I have a colleague coming over to "book" the things she wants. Hopefully a few of the kids things like sports equipment and TV etc.

Next stop - gumtree!

Hi TinaB.......my manager has NO clue of my plans! Did your hubby claim points for work experience though?

I am sure this means you will receive an answer soon soon!! Then everything will work out according to plan for you!

We have very little to sell, and family has claimed what they want already...our House was sold yesterday, I still cant believe it, as it only went on the market 2 weeks ago!

Edited by TashyL

Hey Tina, that's scary! How did they know who to speak to when they called his office??

That's pretty alarming...I mean what if your employer has no idea about your plans and then the department of immigrations gives them a call? I hope that doesn't happen to us.

Edited by Odendaal

Yes, we claimed points for work history. We did have to submit a CV and I did state not to contact the employer but obviously they didn't read that bit.

Anyway, the employer does know of our plans but I don't think they were expecting it to happen right now. Luckily my mother in law works at the same place and answered the phone and the MD was not in so she was able to warn us, and my husband was able to warn his boss to expect a call. Hold thumbs that this means someone is working on our application.

It seems to be the norm for Aussies to happily call SA to verify information. I once had an employee leave to go to Aus and a prospective employer contacted me for a reference without hesitation, even after I had written her a reference as well. Obviously international calls are cheap from Oz :)

The feeling that I get is that they are much more likely to phone people than we are in RSA. We found that with other things as well, like the bank. Guess we'll just need to get used to it? :)

I've just heard from my agent that while Case Officers are being allocated fairly quickly, it seems VISA grants have slowed right down. He can't explain why this is happening (he has VISA applications waiting as far back as June!) but that if all the information is in, there is no reason they won't grant it, you'll just have to wait.

It's not much help I know, but I hope this does not take too much longer!

The Australian immigration departent phoned my husband's work AGAIN!! They unfortunately got through to the biggest idiot that works there so hopefully they will try again. This chick is decidedly stupid but now she's in a panic asking everyone in the office if my husband is looking for a new job :)

This time they wanted to know his salary. What could they possibly need that information for???

I'm getting more and more stressed out by all this.

Are you using migration agents? (TinaB)

Yes, I asked the agent about it and he said perhaps they are just doing verification. He also seems to think we are in the last stage of the process but can't tell me any more.

I am beyond stressed at this point. I think I've got a stomach ulcer.