189's lodged July 2015

i hope its not too long to go for those still waiting and just remember that eventually you'll get it!

• Like 1

Congratulations Gwynn, fantastic news and worth the wait right. All the best with the journey and planning ahead.

Congrats.  I wish I wasn't so jealous.  I've spoken to the school and have made sure there is space for my kids to start the year.  I wish I could feel better about the decision but I don't.  I still desperately check my mails every morning and get sad when there is no good news.  All I want for Christmas is an Ozzie visa :(

I just feel sick about the expense of stationery and books and fees for school next year and all of it for nothing.  Oh well, I can't dwell on it, I have to just do it and get on with it.

I think I need a holiday (which obviosuly we have not booked because we are/were going to Oz in Jan).

I have to try be positive.  We are almost there.  I have way too much going on right now, I just really needed this visa to help me cope with all the rest.  My sister was booked into hsospital yesterday.  She just cannot get over my mom's death earlier this year.  She is depressed and nauseous and dizzy all the time.  I was in tears with her doctor the other day begging them to do something.  I cannot lose my sister now as well.  I just can't.  And I can't get off work to go visit her (I can't get into that now as well), my husband has been sent out of town for work twice this week so he keeps missing school concerts and prize giving and and and.  I just feel like I'm sinking and I need a visa to save me.  The good news is that I saw a lawyer about my son (from previous marriage) and she seems to think she can help me get my ex husband to do the affidavit allowing my son to leave with us.  So at least one thing that we THINK should go our way. 

Sorry for the long vent.  I really am happy for all of you that have breezed through this process and come out the other side unscathed and with a visa.  I guess I have to give myself a break over the weekend and start the stress again on Monday morning when I get no email AGAIN. 

Thanks @Peanuts, the weekend got awesome before it really started.

@TinaB I am sorry for what you are going through. I know how devastating losing close family can be but you gotta try to be strong and i know its easier said than done.
As for the visa, don't let it be another source of stress but rather your beacon of hope, that one bright light in all the gloom. Disregard the timing of the grant and know that eventually we all get it in the end and focus on that point. My fiancee was supposed to make the move this month but we've missed out on that because the grant came too late and your case is worse with all the school fees but just hang in there, everything will work out. 

@TinaB, hang in there.  It WILL come, and stressing about it is not going to make it happen one second sooner.  Try and forget about it for at least the rest of December, I am sure that things will turn out for the better in January.

• Like 1

Thanks. I've been trying to avoid the forum because I just get more depressed every time someone else gets a visa and we still hear nothing.  I'm truly glad for those that get their visa's, but I just need to understand WHY we don't have one.  Its driving me mad.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This thread has gone cold, any good news Shehraan and TinaB? :wacko:

Nothing yet got a 2nd case officer in November been waiting since. Have you tried calling them? You really need to know what's going on with your case it's way too long.

Hope TinaB is ok she hasn't posted anything in a long time. Thank you Move2Aus 

Hi all

We're still here.  Unfortunately.  It's becoming so disheartening.  Just before Christmas our agent contacted the department and was told they were waiting for one more verification.  He said he'd chase up again at the end of Jan so we're just trying really hard to be patient and it's not working.

I've obviously had to enrol my kids in school and pay registration fees and buy stationery and uniform and and and, which is a bit tough since our savings just went down by 23% due our or esteemed leader firing the finance minister.

Anyway, we can moan and complain and we'll still be no closer so it's best to just try live in the moment and be grateful for the time we still have with our families.

Tough though.  Very very tough. 

Sorry TinaB if it's anything l know what you are going through, we are in the same boat. Someone here told me that the visa will come eventually nomatter how long it takes, let's hold and enjoy the bumpy ride one day is one day ??

HI

Once everything is submitted, how long does it take on average to get the visa? I am getting nervous as I turn 40 next year and my RPL application is only going through this month. I am hoping that I will be able to get my visa (PR 190 skilled) before I turn 40 else i loose 15 points which is not good at all.

When was your application  submitted, and when was it allocated? It's really hard to say but usually 3months or earlier or later from lodgement date. Once you have lodged your application your points won't be affected they remain the same.

Hi Chips

Nothing has been submitted yet. My RPL goes in next week and then I start with PCC and english tests while I wait for the RPL response. I know it is a long process and takes time, I just dont really want to wait 2 years for a visa to be granted. I am hoping to have it in my hands by the end of this year.