NEW THREAD - 143 Contributory Parent (Migrant) Visa - Tips and Other information

Orphan

Hi Julle

Ons is nou 5 weke in Perth en ons visa is 01 Julie 2015 goedgekeur. My polisieklaring was NET in getroude van. Geen melding is gemaak van my nooiensvan nie en daar was geen navraag deur Immi daaroor nie. Weet nie of dit julle sal help nie.

• Like 3

My wife's police clearance was done in both her maiden and married surname. This was done on advice from our migration agent, who said "just in case the CO asks for it to be in her maiden name".

RonelP, have sent you a message with my contact detail.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

just a random update on the current dates.

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 29 January 2014

good to see 2014 on the date, took ages to reach January 2014

• Like 2

Hi Myth, I also checked last night and saw the same. According to my calculations the waiting time has reduced from just over 22months a short while ago to 21months and one week. Looks like it's getting shorter and not longer anymore! We still have 9 months to go !

• Like 1

Hello Myth and Dirkz,

That's interesting - I had a peek on 4th Nov and got this response :

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 02 January 2014

To me it seems that every month sees one month's worth of applications being assessed for finalization. I lodged mine 24 June 2015, which means, that at the present rate of processing, mine would be assessed for finalization mid- to end-April 2017 (ca 21.5 - 22 months).   Are my calculations right?

Hey MomMuerte,

I think your calculations are right at this stage i am assuming not before 22 months. But no one is sure about future changes of immigration they might speed up the procedure or might even delay depending on number of applications.

Hi All,

Can some one guide me as i am expecting my CO in next 2 weeks. What is the payment procedure for second visa charge how do we pay. Is it through a particular bank ?

Hi Myth.

We sent our second visa money 6 months before we had a CO. We paid it into my daughter's bank account and she sent a bank cheque to the visa office when they requested it. You cannot do a electronic payment or cash and a foreign cheque takes a long time to clear. I suggest you send it asap. I don't know how you feel but we didn't want to wait any longer than necessary. Good luck and keep us posted.

We paid the 2nd VAC via our agent who had a office in South Africa and one in Melbourne.

Ronel, I have sent you my contact details. Have a look in your user name in Members

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

As our lodgement date is near to the current date which is 13/Feb/14, I was just wondering if someone could please explain a little about how this works (who already have been through this CaseOfficer allocation process).

So my question is if your lodgement date is being shown on the email. Then does the CO contact you in the same week? Or how this works? Thanks :)

Edited by myth

Hi Myth

So glad to hear you are nearly there.  Depending on how many application was lodged on that date, it could take up to a week.  We waited a while before we received a CO.  Hope you hear soon.  Good luck. Hope all your docs are in Aus and that you have transferred your 2nd VAC payment so that there are no delays.

Let us know as soon as you receive your CO.

• Like 1

Good day to everyone. I am a newbie here.

Myth, our lodgement date is 13/02/2014. They have started processing this date last Friday (11/12/15) and we still did not received anything from CO. I guess we should receive an email really soon, maybe today. Once we get anything, I will post the update in here.

All our paperwork is ready, AOS ready. The only thing missing is form 1221, i want to see if CO going to request and complete then. I believe it can be completed in one night if needed.

Good luck to everyone in the queque!

• Like 1

Thanks RoneIP and ZIC for your help :)....I'll keep updating as soon as our lodgement date is shown. And yes RoneIP everything is up to date in relation to documents and 2nd VAC :)...Hope everything goes smooth from here..

Still no contact from CO. Tomorrow will be one week since they have started processing our date.

I have sent empty emails today and yesterday. But did not receive any reply, so not sure what date are they processing now. I am assuming it is still 14/02/14.

Hi ZIC,

I have just checked the date it's still showing 13/02/14 it has not been changed since last Friday. Hope you will hear soon :).

Keep us updated.

Edited by myth
  • Like 2

Hi everyone

Still no CO, but I think I know why. In their automated responses, they have mentioned that for some time, couple of weeks, they will rather try to finalise opened applications, than start allocating new ones for COs. So, I am guessing, I will have to wait a little more.

And yes, Merry Christmas to everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ZIC, this department was closed till 1 jan..should be open again from today (it was mentioned on the top of the email). Hope now you should be hearing soon :). Best wishes to every one for 2016 :)

• Like 1

Best wishes for an awesome 2016 to everyone :D

• Like 2

Hi Myth, The latest this morning is:

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 13 February 2014. 

If your application was lodged after this date it is not yet being assessed.

Please note this date will not change for the next few weeks as we concentrate on finalizing applications rather than assessing and finalizing.

That sounds like the assessing will be stalled for a few weeks. We have another 8-9 months before we should be assessed (about September).

Hi All 

Finally got email from the department of immigration ( PVC team1). They are requesting PCCs and forms 80. I have supplied form 80 with the original application, but they are expired now.  I was expecting form 1221, but they did not ask for it. Good luck to everyone in the queue. 

• Like 1

Good morning to all,

Came across a now silent topic on Hitchcock & Associates started in Oct 2006 and feel compelled to add my 2 cents worth more than 9 years later :

My son dealt with them for his visa application - and for the most he was happy with their service (bar for the fact that his visa was issued on the wrong passport).

Being very aware of that error, I figured I couldn't go too wrong making use of them so employed them to assist me with my parent visa application. 

A whopping fee having been paid to them plus the 1st VAC fee, I have found them extremely tardy in passing on vital correspondence from the DIBP and Parent Visa Centre meant for me.

They sat on the Acknowledgement Letter and Receipt for 10 weeks and now have sat on vital update confirmation from the Parent Centre for 3 months (conflicting information I picked up on the Acknowledgement Letter regarding current citizenship and passport number, nor did they spot this mistake). Not something one would like Border Patrol to pick up on when entering Australia!!   On each occasion it required a reminder to get feedback/update.

Has anyone else had similar negative experiences with them or other migrating agents?  Or am I just the unlucky one :(?

Is Mr Neil Hitchcock still the Chairman of Hitchcock & Associates?   I doubt he realizes how tardy his staff is in my case (or others?)  :unsure:  their website no longer makes mention of him (that I can see).

Hi MomMuerte.

Your experience must be very distressing, particularly as the most difficult aspect about applying for this visa is having to wait so long in a virtual vacuum.  The only thing able to alleviate the strain one goes through is a regular flow of information, not only from the immigration authorities, but also from other applicants in the Waiting Room.  Which is why this website is such a valuable and comforting resource.

When one goes through an Emigration Agency, there is an reasonable expectation that one will be kept informed throughout the process.  Sadly, in many instances this does not seem to be case, as numerous posts on this and other forums will attest to.  Your experience is therefore not unusual. The failure of Agents to provide regular and timeous feedback seems to be a common complaint; as are "administrative errors", and  "poor advice". On the other hand, there are also many reports of excellent Agents who provide exceptional service.  So, if one is intent on using an Agency, it may be a case of doing a lot of preliminary research, and employing client testimonials to guide one's choice.

Having said this, I must repeat what I have written in previous blogs...there really is no need to go through an Agency as the visa process is not that complicated.  The Australian Immigration website provides very comprehensive instructions on what is required, as well as all the necessary documentation.  Moreover, even if you do use an Agent, you end up doing most of the legwork collecting the supporting documents and completing forms.  We managed it without using an Agent, as have many who have gone before us.  Although It may now be too late for you, I would certainly encourage others who follow behind, to consider doing it themselves! 

• Like 2

Hello Orphan,

Thanks for your message.   After sending the agency a query on their slow response times, they did apologize and gave every assurance that this was not their usual practice and going forward I would be kept informed any further progress or communication from the DIBP.  Time will tell <_< but for now it is an apology.  Fingers crossed this won't happen again.

Unfortunately, I only came across this website after the fact and wholeheartedly agree that it is indeed a very valuable and comforting resource.

Hello Myth,

happy to see the process has resumed. 

Take care everyone.

• Like 1

• Mara pinned this topic