NEW THREAD - 143 Contributory Parent (Migrant) Visa - Tips and Other information

Orphan

1 minute ago, Elna57 said:

Hi Dirkz, Mommeurte et al.

We are battling to sell our house so the delay with the processing is working a little bit in our favour. I can not wait to see what the processing speed is going to be like once Immi got over the June hiccups. Hope it will be a nice surprise. 

Dirkz, I would like to ask............ since your Acknowledgement letter...... you have had NO correspondence from Immi at all? 

Can someone please advise as well... once our house has been sold and we move into a temporary place, do we have to inform Immi of our change of address?

TIA

Kind regards to all.

Elna

PS: I am worried about Immi running out of visas too before it is our turn.

Elna, we have had no correspondence from the Parent Centre since our acknowledgment letter. 

We have also sold and moved into rental accommodation since then. I went and changed our address with them as a formality on a web form I found somewhere in my notes, but didn't even receive confirmation on that. 

I sincerely hope they don't run out of available visas for the 2016/2017 year before getting to your visa. Just stay positive :)

hello Elna57 and Dirkz,

I too have never received any further since the acknowledgment letter. My home is sold and am moving in at my son's end November. In light of the current delay, I don't expect to hear before June 2017 (2 yrs after Visa  Lodgement). The migration agents said they'd also wait until then before following up with IMMI. 

I'm most definitely concerned that visas will run out for their 2016/2017 period. We may have to wait beyond their 24 mnth processing schedule.  Sincerely hope that won't be the case. ?☹️

MomMuerto, I'm afraid at this stage is seems the waiting period is longer than 24 months:

In the 2016-17 Migration Program year, 7,175 Contributory Parent visa places are available for applicants applying from in and outside Australia.  Due to high numbers of  Contributory Parent visa applications lodged in May and June 2014,  processing times for these is expected to exceed 24 months.

Good news. Got the automated response from Immi. They are processing 30 June 2014.(Finally)

Let's cross fingers and toes that they have some visas left for us. :) And that the process will speed up a little.

Hello Elna57,

that is indeed good news ??

yippee - fingers crossed for a speedy and positive outcome. 

After 3 test emails the past week, I also just got the same reply yesterday. It's about time they got through June 2014 so we can see if the assessments will speed up. We should be able to tell once they start doing July.

During the past 51 days they have progressed 11 days (from 19 June to 30 June 2014). Hope that picks up soon.

Holding thumbs!

• 2 weeks later...

Good news for all in the "waiting room",

Automated reply from Immi this morning : 

"OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents including but not limited to Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 04 July 2014."

FINALLY  !!

• Like 2

Wonderful news !

Only 4 days ago they were still at 30th June 2014, where they've been stuck for more than 10 days!

Hope things will speed up now. Let's see how they progress from now on, holding thumbs!

Yay!!!! yay!!!!  Now the next question is how many visas they have left over for the rest of the year. But I am doing a happy dance.  Dirkz, that is very good news for you especially hey being so close to the finishing line. 

First time poster long time reader! Orphan your post is so detailed and have helped a lot! :) 

Just wanted to share my pure excitement that they have processed June 2014!!!! woooohoooooooooo

My parents logged their application back in March 2015, and we were hoping they would be here Dec16/Jan17 but now hoping March 17 (if there are any visas left!)

woohooo so happy to read "4th July 2014"

I am the daughter and we are located in Brisbane Australia :)

• Like 1

Latest update received this morning :

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents including but not limited to Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 07 July 2014. "

counting and ticking off the days ...... happy dance !:whome:

• Like 1

At least they are moving now !!!

We'll see in the next few weeks if there is any catching up for lost time :unsure:

Hi there all of you in the Waiting Room

Re your posts about the slowdown in visa processing (being stuck in June 2014), I think you should be prepared for similar delays around the same time next year, and every year thereafter.  

What seems to have happened is that the annual allocation of Parent Visas for the 2015/2016 financial year was used up sometime in June.  As a result, processing of all Parent visa applications was immediately suspended, pending the arrival of the 2016/2017 year's allocation.  This took place on 01 July 2016, at which time the Visa Centre picked up where it had left off, and began processing applications again.  Hence, it appeared that all progress had come to a grinding halt during that month

There appears to have been a significant uptick in Parent Visa Applications over the past two years, which has put pressure on the number of available visas.  And with the threat of a significant increase in the cost of this visa, one can anticipate that the rush is now on to get in applications before the hammer falls.. As a result, the number of applications will likely exceed the number of available visas every year for some time to come, and new applicants, as well as those coming after them, can anticipate visa processing delays to steadily move out.  A three year delay may become the new norm.      

Latest email received this morning :

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 16 July 2014. "

:D:D

Oh boy! We still have a long wait in the 'waiting room', we might as well go home, lol. :( We applied for our 143 visa only in October 2016, so we can sit back and relax with our feet up for a while before they get anywhere near ours. Glad to see though that many of you are getting somewhere. In the mean time, it's a great time for us to start sorting out all our stuff, accumulated for the last 40 to 50 years. And then we still have some of our children's things too:rolleyes: We really are hoarders!! Good luck to all those still waiting.

• Like 1

PatPar,

Unless anything extraordinary happens in the next year or two, you will probably be in for 24+ month in the waiting room. 

But time flies and before you realize it, your time will come. At least you have submitted your application before they decide to change the Parental visas and limit the applications even more as they seem intend to do.

In the mean time, get rid of all the accumulated stuff and get rid of your properties in time. Move into a rental place if you can. Also try to shift your money offshore as much as you can with your discretionary allowance per year. SARS is very difficult with giving clearance for more than R1m/person at the moment as they are trying to keep the money from exiting the country.

• Like 1

For those in the waiting room who applied during the latter part of 2014, it seems like they are speeding up with assessments now that they are busy with the July 2014 applications.

During the past 8 days they have progressed 20 days and are now doing 27 July 2014. We'll keep an eye on the progress and soon should be able to determine if the speed of assessments will stay the same or even increase.

:):rolleyes:

• Like 2

We put in our 143 in July 2016, one quarter (approx) down and plus / minus 18 months to go. It still does not feel real to me yet as it is so far away, almost wishing this part of my life away, I so want to get to Oz and my son, daughter in law and grand children. Just come back from 3 weeks there again , we go every year. Look forward to my last one way trip .

Vasbyt I suppose is the name of the game, will have to have a 40 day party prior to going.

• Like 1

Welcome to the waiting room Jarryd !

The name of the game is patience. When we applied more than 2 years ago, the waiting time was about 20 months. That quickly stretched to 22 and later to 24+ months. We should have been in Oz this past November already (24 months) but now only expect our visa towards Feb/March next year. 

That will then be 27/28 months since application. You can imagine how we feel by now, having been in a rental house for a year now and ready to leave anytime.

I suggest you plan to visit them again next year. Otherwise you might not see them for 2 years. But keep an eye on the visa progress by sending a blank email with the subject "Test" to WA Parents at parents@border.gov.au for an automated reply on assessment dates.

Good luck :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dirkz, Mommuerte, Orphan,  (which should not be your nick anymore you lucky fellow) ,Ashmount, Marchhawker,Jarryd13 and all other members.

Merry Christmas to you all. Those of you who are spending the day with your families in Australia, enjoy! Those who are not, we can only hope that next year will be our turn. 

PatPar, time flies. So much so that I din't get my Kitty cat papers in order in time, so even if we do get our visas before end June 2017, we will have to wait until then to move because we simply can not leave her in kennels for longer than a couple of days. Before you know it, you will be frantically packing and sorting. :)

The reply I received just now: (which hasn't changed at all in the last couple of weeks.

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 30 July 2014. 

• Mara pinned this topic