NEW THREAD - 143 Contributory Parent (Migrant) Visa - Tips and Other information

Orphan

We are about 7 months away from expected date of getting a CO (about October).

We tried to go for our Police Clearance Certificate the other day, but our police station was so useless that we decided to try again a bit later.

Note that the PCC is only valid for 6 months in SA but apparently it is valid for 12 months by the Aus Immi Dept.

We're off to Aus in 2 weeks time to meet another grand child that was born a week ago and decided to go for our PCC and medicals as soon as we're back in April. 

According to the Auto Response from WA Parents, one should not submit any PCC or Medicals before asked by the CO. 

I'll phone our medical doctor soon to find out if we can do the medicals in the mean time without a HAP number. If we can, we'll do it in April so we can have it ready when required by the CO. We also plan to transfer the 2nd VAC amount into our daughter's bank account before we expect our CO so she can send a bank check to the Parent Visa Centre in Perth as quick as possible when requested by the CO to minimize delays.

Hi Dirkz and MomMuerte. Thank you for your replies. Congrats to you and the family Dirkz, Hope you have plenty time to get acquainted with the latest little addition, 

Dirkz, your panel physician will be found here :http://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Help/Location/South-http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Heal/meeting-the-health-requirement/arranging-a-health-examinatioquote from the website:Africa#sub-heading-1 at  Bay Medical Centre.

The problem I have is this and I quote from the website                                           http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Heal/meeting-the-health-requirement/arranging-a-health-examination#

"If you have already lodged a visa application, you should follow the steps below when completing your health examinations electronically.
You lodge your visa application:

1. We determine whether health examinations are required
  2. We provide you a HAP ID and request that you undergo health examinations
  3. You use eMedical Client to consent to eMedical processing and complete your medical history if required
  4. You download your eMedical Referral letter
  5. You make an appointment with an approved panel clinic or the migration medical services provider and provide your HAP ID
  6. You attend your appointment and bring your eMedical Referral letterwith you
  7. The clinic locates your case in eMedical using your HAP ID
  8. Clinic staff record your health examination results in eMedical
  9. Panel physician and/or radiologist grades and submits case to us
  10. Your health case may be cleared within minutes by the system or referred for manual processing
  11. If you meet the health requirement, your visa record is updated and processing can continue.

Note:

• If a significant health condition is identified during immigration health examinations, additional steps will be required to be completed.
  • Please do not use My Health Declarations if you have already lodged a visa application."              So, this means we HAVE to wait for CO to issue us with HAP ID's? Do I understand correctly?
  • Thanks for your support.
  • Regards, Elna

Thanks for the info Elna.

I remember now that a HAP ID is necessary for the doctor to submit one's medical examination results online. So we'll have to wait for that.

There was someone on the forum who mentioned that their departure date was somewhat delayed due to additional examinations that had to be done after picking up issues on the questionaire or X-Rays. 

I know the doctor in our city who does the examinations and will check with him just to make sure what the correct procedures are.

My Health Declarations is a different venue and I don't think it applies to our visa.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi DirkZ. Hope you are having a fantastic time in Australia. Please keep us updated re the medicals and HAP numbers once you are back. Are you on the CPV tracking list?. http://www.australia-parent-visas.com/tracker2.php I wish more people kept the page updated as it would give us a much clearer picture of the progress of our applications.

Regards

Elna

Hello Elna57,

thanks for the CPV tracking list tip.....just registered on it :rolleyes:   seems a great tool to have on hand.

You enjoy a happy hoppity Easter

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi MomMuerte. Just checked the processing dates.

"OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

In the 2015-16 Migration Programme year, 7 175 Contributory Parent visa places are available for applicants applying from in and outside Australia.

When your application is allocated to a case officer, which may take up to 23 months, you or your authorised contact will be asked to provide more documents including but not limited to Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 6 May 2014 "

• Like 1

Good morning to everyone,

I plan on putting  my home on the market (Sept '16), and am busy getting in quotations from international moving companies.

One such is Magna-Thomson International Movers.  2 concerns came to mind when we met:   1) their inventories don't give details of each item in a box, rather they label Box No. 1 as "glassware", Box No. 2 as "DVD and games"  etc.  2) they don't fumigate your shipping crate nor issue a fumigation certificate (as they feel this will draw attention to your crate -_-)

Has anyone had experience with this or this company?

Good morning just a question-  our agent had contact from a case officer that asked for a new police clearance that we luckily got before they even asked for it and we provided it the next day. According to the agent they acknowledge receipt of it. That was a week ago.  Now  total silence !!  How does it work? Why the delay? Is there a timeline to this or normal procedure ? How long does it take for next question?(payment!!) we are so impatient !! 

• Like 1

You don't say when you applied. At least there is some activity. Have you been requested to go for medicals? If not, that may be the next milestone. It may take a while or it can be soon.

What I am trying to say is that the application process can take between 18 and 24 months, therefore it moves at a leisurely pace.

You patience/endurance is going to be tested, "vasbyt". The day you get the request to pay the AoS bond you will know it can only be a month or so before the request for the final (big!) payment. Once paid the Visa Grant letter take a week or so to arrive.

Hang in there. The end result is worth the wait!

Hello fellow Forum members,

Got my car written off 4 weeks ago by a driver who jumped the red traffic light at an intersection.   Is there anyone selling off their car?  Don't want to spend a fortune (which I don't have anyway), but am in need of a reliable car in good roadworthy condition.  Something small, along the lines of an Opel Corsa Lite (had the 2005 model).

It'll be in the waiting room for another good 14-15 months and as we all know, a car is a must have in SA. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/12/2016 at 9:32 AM, Lindasmit said:

Good morning just a question-  our agent had contact from a case officer that asked for a new police clearance that we luckily got before they even asked for it and we provided it the next day. According to the agent they acknowledge receipt of it. That was a week ago.  Now  total silence !!  How does it work? Why the delay? Is there a timeline to this or normal procedure ? How long does it take for next question?(payment!!) we are so impatient !! 

Any news yet Linda? We are all watching and waitimg with you.

On 4/16/2016 at 1:20 PM, RichtB said:

You don't say when you applied. At least there is some activity. Have you been requested to go for medicals? If not, that may be the next milestone. It may take a while or it can be soon.

What I am trying to say is that the application process can take between 18 and 24 months, therefore it moves at a leisurely pace.

You patience/endurance is going to be tested, "vasbyt". The day you get the request to pay the AoS bond you will know it can only be a month or so before the request for the final (big!) payment. Once paid the Visa Grant letter take a week or so to arrive.

Hang in there. The end result is worth the wait!

Thanks from all of us in the waiting room Richard...... we need every bit of encouragement we can get. It is getting really lonely in here.

On 3/9/2016 at 7:20 PM, Dirkz said:

We are about 7 months away from expected date of getting a CO (about October).

We tried to go for our Police Clearance Certificate the other day, but our police station was so useless that we decided to try again a bit later.

Note that the PCC is only valid for 6 months in SA but apparently it is valid for 12 months by the Aus Immi Dept.

We're off to Aus in 2 weeks time to meet another grand child that was born a week ago and decided to go for our PCC and medicals as soon as we're back in April. 

According to the Auto Response from WA Parents, one should not submit any PCC or Medicals before asked by the CO. 

I'll phone our medical doctor soon to find out if we can do the medicals in the mean time without a HAP number. If we can, we'll do it in April so we can have it ready when required by the CO. We also plan to transfer the 2nd VAC amount into our daughter's bank account before we expect our CO so she can send a bank check to the Parent Visa Centre in Perth as quick as possible when requested by the CO to minimize delays.

Hi Dirkz. Are you back from Australia yet? How is the latest addition to the family doing?

Kindly keep us updated as to whether one has to wait for a case officer to obtain a hap number and also how many moons you had to wait before you got a case officer?

Thank you so much.

Hi Elna, The visit to the family was great although the grand kids kept us busy and we needed a rest back home !

We have just applied for our Police Clearance Certificate - just a tip : After getting sorted at our local police station, they sent us to Postmed to have our application document sent to Pretoria. The Postnet fee is R300 (one way). Then I noticed they put the documents in a courier envelope of JKJ Express, which is a local courier that my business has an account with. They normally charge us under R100 for a document to Pretoria !!! So I paid an extra R200 for Postnet to do it. Guess who will be fetching it for me...

Apparently one can fill in the Medical forms before you see the quack and I suppose also do your X-Rays, but the latter should be the correct ones and in digital format for the doctor to load. Your HAPP number is needed for the doctor exam and will be supplied by the case officer so we need to be patient on that. We have about 6 months left on the last checking (6 May 2014 processing).

Will update if we have any other news.    Vasbyt !

• Like 1

I had a chat to the doctor who does the Aus medical. Just to confirm that they do need a HAP no before they can do the exam. One can't even do the X-Rays without the HAP number. 

So one has to wait for your CO for a HAP number.

• Like 1

Hi Dirkz I do not know if the system has changed in the meantime but if it has not changed you get your HAP Id long before your CO is assigned. When our agent lodged our application 24 months ago he sent us a list of what to do and when to do. This included our HAP id's. We did our medicals and police clearances 10 months before we were assigned a CO. These were sent to our agent and he furnished the CO with all the necessary documents on request. Once you have been assigned a CO you only have 28 days to supply him with all the documents which does not give you plenty time to apply for medicals and police clearances. Fortunately we will be flying out on 3 June 2016

Thanks so much for the update Linda. I assumed the CO would give us the HAP id number, but remember now that I read somewhere that they should assign a HAP id a few months before you get a CO.

That would be great, because we intend leaving before our visa is granted and then just activate it from Australia (leaving and entering again).

Good luck with the last arrangements ! Waiting is almost over for you :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update you in this thread

The Parent and Other Family Visa quota numbers are close to being filled for the 2015/16 year so it may get a bit quiet until July when the new year starts

Allocation dates for final processing for contributory Parent Visas are currently for applications received:
Offshore subclass 173 or 143 - 16 May 2014
Onshore subclass 884 or 864 - 7 August 2015
Temporary 173 holders applying for Permanent 143 - 6 November 2015
Temporary 884 holders applying for Permanent 864 - 6 November 2015

• 1 month later...
On 5/16/2016 at 7:39 PM, Dirkz said:

Thanks so much for the update Linda. I assumed the CO would give us the HAP id number, but remember now that I read somewhere that they should assign a HAP id a few months before you get a CO.

That would be great, because we intend leaving before our visa is granted and then just activate it from Australia (leaving and entering again).

Good luck with the last arrangements ! Waiting is almost over for you :)

Hi Dirkz. Any progress to report? I was so disappointed when I sent for the automatic reply this morning and got the same message I have been getting since June. Was hoping to see the date changed dramatically. Please keep us updated.

Hi Elna, no update on my side either. Was going to send the "auto reply email" today, but after seeing your response I'll wait another day or two before I check the processing dates. 

Patiently in the waiting room....

14 hours ago, Dirkz said:

Hi Elna, no update on my side either. Was going to send the "auto reply email" today, but after seeing your response I'll wait another day or two before I check the processing dates. 

Patiently in the waiting room....

Hi Dirkz. Thanks for the reply.

I have just read about Biometrics collection and we might be requested to get those done before visas will be granted.(Not too sure about whether we will have to or not but it is always good to know about these things just in case.)  Read more here : https://au.tlscontact.com/za/CPT/page.php?pid=bio_collect_process

As far as I can find out on the internet, the newly introduced Biometric collection introduced from June 2016 does not affect us in this waiting room.

Visa subclasses included in the Biometric program are listed at the bottom of this page and the 143 visa is not included

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Biom/biometrics-countries

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update for those who don't send Test emails to the Parental Centre for visa assessment dates too often: 

Due to the significant increase in applications for parental visas (42%) during May and June 2014 (before their financial year ended 30 June), the assessing of applications have slowed down a lot. 

During the past month they have progressed only a few days in May 2014 applications, which has increased the waiting times of applications during the latter half of 2014 to over 24 months. June 2014 assessments will probably be the same if not slower.

So unless they catch up again (which is doubtful) applications submitted in November 2014, will only be assessed around January 2017 (for now) and could even shift to a later date :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is so hard to stay positive in the waiting room. Feels as if one's whole life has been put on hold. Someone paused it and forgot to press the play button again. Instead of being able to make the move to Aus a healthy happy positive person, the whole process becomes  an almost unbearable overwhelming experience of waiting and uncertainty. Is there anyone in the waiting room with good news to share please. I am desperate for something positive to pull me through.... Good luck to all and stay strong.

• Mara pinned this topic