NEW THREAD - 143 Contributory Parent (Migrant) Visa - Tips and Other information

Orphan

Hi Belinda, we're so glad it arrived as expected?

Now please relax a bit and settle down to get that last lot of stuff packed !

We'll stay in touch

Bigvan we are at the end of the waiting room. We lodged out application last November and only expect to be there June 2016

• Like 1

Due to receiving between 800 and 1000 Parent Visas per month at the moment, the PVC has a 8 month backlog of applications waiting for acknowledgment letters.

This relates to applications lodged between May 2014 and December 2014.

So we need to be patient ..... :(

• Like 1

Almost ready to courier application forms. So excited!

Congrats to all who are in Aus already!! Have a fantastic time there and ENJOY your freedom!

Edited by Elna57
  • Like 1

Belinda,

We are SO happy for you guys.

We know exactly how your are feeling at this moment - ecstatic, relieved and terrified, all rolled up into one big ball!

But the long wait is now over, and once you step on the plane, all this will be forgotten as you look forward to what awaits.

All the best, from all of us.

Stay in touch!

• Like 1

Almost ready to courier application forms. So excited!

Congrats to all who are in Aus already!! Have a fantastic time there and ENJOY your freedom!

Welcome to the process Elna. Much information available on this thread to help you along (thanks mainly to Orphan).

Seems like most of Durban is in Aus already. We met a few Durbanites when in the Gold Coast and Brisbane this past December !

Keep in touch because the process might be altered slightly if the Labour Party comes into power after the elections end of January. They seem to be more lenient towards immigration, or so I'm told. Let's just hope they appoint more personnel to cater for the increase in applications for Parental Visas. They are making enough money from us.

Edited by Dirkz
  • Like 2

Hi All

First leg of medicals done. Now for the second leg next Thursday. Cant wait.

Orphan, the tax I was referring to was SA income tax, not Aus tax. I have in the meantime spoken to Cashcow and they have answered my questions.

Is there anybody on the Forum that has not Emigrated Formally? My husband has a company monthly pension and because of that, we believe we cannot emigrate formally. Any advise on RA's?

• Like 1

Hi Ronel,

We emigrated formally (financially) in order that (amongst other things):

1. My monthly (company) pension gets paid into my bank account in Aus, subject to exchange rate of course. The pension fund required the Reserve Bank Reference number to do this.
  2. My wife could get her RA paid out to her bank account in Aus.

Cashcow can provide you with more info on the process/requirements.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Dirkz. Please will you keep us updated re the elections and any changes after that. Our applications should reach the Visa office in about 10 days from now.! so excited!

Ronel, how did the second part of your medical go ?

Elna, After the Australian election end of January, I saw somewhere that a minister said "Australia is basically full" and they will apply stricter rules in granting visas.

But after researching all the latest media releases by the new Minister for Immigration and Border Protection, Peter Dutton, it seems that the issues revolve more around the assylum seekers, illegal boat landings and safety concerns on militant immigrants.

So we should still be positive and sit patiently in the waiting room :)

• Like 1

Hi Dirk

Second leg of the Medicals went fine, I think. These last few weeks of waiting is killing us. Hope to hear soon. Anybody as close as we are?

Spoke to my son in QLD this morning and he said that the new labour party is more supportive of expanding their quality immigrants, like skilled workers and keeping families together (parent visas).

One must also remember that the Contributory Parent visas provide a significant income for the country.

So we should be safe in looking forward to join our kids.

• Like 1

What new Labor government?

Queensland had an election recently, and Labor was returned to power, but immigration is a Federal issue. The Federal parliament is still controlled by the LNP.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

We are getting a bit restless now as our application was lodged on 23 August 2013 and still no word. I have checked on the automatic reply, but for some or other reason the dates seems wrong or they are on a slow strike. 2 days applications done in more than a week????? Anybody out there that is now also waiting longer than 18 months? Would appreciate some feedback please.

• Like 1

Hi All

We are getting a bit restless now as our application was lodged on 23 August 2013 and still no word. I have checked on the automatic reply, but for some or other reason the dates seems wrong or they are on a slow strike. 2 days applications done in more than a week????? Anybody out there that is now also waiting longer than 18 months? Would appreciate some feedback please.

Hi Ronel. I am sure you will hear from them soon. A lot of public holidays must have delayed things a bit. Any day now!! Wishing you all the best.!

Just be patient Ronel. The last I heard was that the waiting time is between 18 and 19 months. So any day now :)

• Like 1

Hi Ronel,

This last stretch until you get your Case Officer letter is the most difficult.

You open up your emails every morning in anticipation of a response, only to have your hopes dashed. But then, one morning you go online, and there it is! And from that point on, everything seems to happen at breakneck speed, particularly if you have your AOS and other documentation ready.

Based on the current delay of 19 months, you should get your letter on or about 23rd March. However, bear in mind that everything slows down a bit in the first quarter of the year, due to the Australian holiday breaks - Christmas, Australia Day & Easter. Visa processing then seems to speed up for the rest of the year, and the delay is probably at its shortest around November.

Also bear in mind that demand for parent visas is growing each month, and that applications are again open for relating visas (such as Aged Parent and Carer visas) which were repealed and closed between 02 June and 25 September 2014. All this is putting additional pressure on Visa staff and slowing things down.

One thing you can count on is that things DO work properly in Australia, and there is no need to worry whether your application has been mislaid or overlooked for some reason. It IS in the system, and when your number eventually comes up, everything will happen as it ought.

So, be patient....don't fret....and look forward to the day it all happens!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi All Update: First container leaving South Africa the end of April '15, (all been in storage since end of Feb '15) Flights finally booked, we leave last week in May'15. This has been a long pull, looking forward to finally getting to Brisbane to begin our new adventure closer to our children and granddaughter. All the best to my friends in 'waitingroom' I will never forget the feeling we had when we received that Golden letter in Jan'15, worth all the stress and worrying believe you me.

• Like 1

Hi All,

I was reading through and I must say it is not very common that people share there experience in such a beautiful way especially MR. Orphan.

A little about my self and my situtatiion.

"We (me, my father and my mother) have applied for subclass 143. As my only sister lives in Australia and is ofcourse PR over there. So she is our sponser.

Our application was submitted in march 2014 and we recieved our acknowledgement in august 2014."

I have two questions:

Q1. I will be 25 years this year and as I am included on this application along with my parents, would there be any problem. I am full time student, not married and not working. What documents would be required in relation to it?

Q2. As I have already mentioned dates above. when can we expect that CO will be allocated to us?

Thanks so much for your help.

Q1. I will be 25 years this year and as I am included on this application along with my parents, would there be any problem. I am full time student, not married and not working. What documents would be required in relation to it?

I wonder how this will go for you? I cannot see your 143 visa application being succesfull but then I am not an expert. Surely the visa is intended for parents, and not dependent siblings of the sponsors. Is there some clause that allows you to apply on your parents visa application?

Hi Myth,

Firstly, a very big welcome to this forum, and good luck for the journey ahead. It will certainly be worth it in the end. My youngest son, who is only a few years older than you, is loving every minute being here, and has no regrets in leaving SA!

In answer to your first question, and Jordy's point of concern, the 143 visa regulations do allow the main applicant (presumably your father), to include a "dependent child" older than 18 years old, provided you meet all the criteria for dependency.

You can read about it at http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/143.aspx, and at http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/including-family-members.aspx#.

What is interesting is that there seems to be no stipulated time frame on the age of a "child", and therefore your age does not appear to be a factor. This is also supported by regulations concerning the inclusion of Other Dependent Relatives in the visa, which you can read about in the same section. Provided they too can show a relationship to the applicant, and are deemed "dependent", they may also be included in the application.

They only thing you need to be careful about is whether you are in what may be seen as a "de facto relationship", as that will disqualify you.

As far as documents are concerned, you will need the standard health, character and identity documents, which you will be advised on by the visa centre when the time comes.

On your second question, I am a little out of touch with current visa delays, but it is unlikely you will hear from your appointed CO much before October 2015, and it is even possible you may have to wait until January 2016. Best you keep track of the delay by getting the generic email from the Visa Centre each month, which you can read about in this blog.

Best wishes to all of you!

Edited by Orphan
  • Like 1

Hi Jordy,

It's because I am still fully dependend on my parents and studying in college yet. Our lawyer suggests there are cases where with similar circumtances and so being there only child behind, they can not leave me alone. I have seen other cases on different forums with similar situtations, one child dependend on the application which usually sponer's brother or sister with there parents.

Kindly if some one could clear me on this and Q2 expected CO. Thanks

• Like 1

Hi Orphan,

Thanks a lot for helping me and explaining it to Jordy. I think you have explained it to Jordy in much proffesional way which I tried but failed to do so :P.

About the time frame you mentioned, shouldn't it be maximum of 24 month? which in my case should end in march 2016 as we lodged in march 2014.

Could you kindly explain that please. :)

Yes Myth. I have edited the dates in my post - I was a year out!

You should hear from your CO sometime before March 2016

• Like 1

• Mara pinned this topic