NEW THREAD - 143 Contributory Parent (Migrant) Visa - Tips and Other information

Orphan

VISA PROCESSING UPDATE as at 29 November 2014

According to the automated response received yesterday, the Parent Visa Centre is now processing applications dated 20 May 2014

The good news is that the Centre is continuing to catch up, and is now tracking at 18 months and 11 days from visa Lodgement date to visa assessment date.

The even better news (as far as the Orphan Family is concerned) is that we received our Case Officer appointment letter yesterday. Our assessment process is now underway, and barring any unforeseen issues, we will be in Australia in time for Christmas! :ilikeit:

• Like 5

Orphan, what absolutely wonderful news, huge congratulations!!!!

• Like 1

O my word!!!!!!!!! Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful news. Praise the Lord for that. Really hope you spend Christmas in Australia.

• Like 1

Timothy, yes they do!

Hey guys

Can anyone please guide me on aos steps and its completion time ? My daughter submitted her aos documents 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard any response from centerlink.

Does she need to chase them to get things done ? :glare::glare:

Edited by Niamatbir

Hi Rich,

On a previous post, ShazPas indicated that the Assurance of Support process took her approximately 2 months.

In my case, our AoS timeline to date is as follows:

30 October 2014 - AoS application documents lodged with Centrelink

11 November 2014 - Centrelink returned the originals to us, having scanned them into its system.

18th/19th November 2014 - Telephonic interviews conducted with sponsors. Additional documents requested by Centrelink.

21st November 2014 - Additional documents lodged with Centrelink.

01 December 2014 - still waiting for final confirmation from Centrelink, and call for AoS Bond to be paid

So, our own process has now taken exactly one month, and has yet to be concluded. Hopefully, we shall hear from them within the next week to 10 days.

I don't think one gets away with much under one month, but then it probably depends entirely on how organised and uncomplicated the AoS application is.

Hope this helps?

• Like 1

Hi Orphan,

Sorry if this is off topic but I am in the process of putting an application together for my dad and it asks about armed forces discharge papers. He served in the SANDF from 1975-1976 and therefore assume he needs to get the discharge papers and was wondering if you had already gone through the process of getting discharge papers and how this is done?

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

Hi Greg,

I cannot really help here, as I served in the Rhodesian Army.

However, it sounds as if your Dad was doing his compulsory national service, in which case I don't think the SA troopies were issued with demob papers. I certainly wasn't, and said as much in my own visa application.

But I would say that your best bet is to make enquiries with the Ministry of Defence and Military Veterans in Pretoria. Speak to the Human Resources division, at one of the numbers below. Remember that you will need to know your Dad's Unit, Rank and Serial Number.

HR Div : (012) 339 4000

SA Army: (012) 255-1438/ 1420

SAAF: (012) 312-1261/ 2875/ 2695

SA Navy: (012) 339-4352/ 4004

SAMHS: (012) 671-5169

Edited by Orphan

Hi Orphan,

Thanks for the reply...

It is for his compulsory national service and he was definitely not given any papers when he left as you mention.

I will try and give one of those numbers a try and see if we have any luck otherwise I will go with putting down he was not given even release papers on his application.

Thanks again...

At 9 AM this morning my Parents Visa came through, I got the cheque issued on Friday last week and registered posted it

to PVC - Perth, they banked and invoiced the cheque today 04/12/2014 and then issued the Visa. :ilikeit:

so it took 4 working days.

Edited by ShazPas
  • Like 3

Wonderful news Shazpas...

...and everything so well managed.

It has taken only 10 days (including weekends) from your CO request letter, to the Visa being issued.

A great example to the rest of us!

• Like 1

Thanks Orphan, Good Luck with your process hope to meet you on the Gold Coast one day.

• Like 1

Very good news ShazPas ! So glad for you. That was very quick.

And I'm also very happy for you Orphan ! Wish we were where you are already in the process.

But at least we'll be in the Gold Coast with our family next Sunday visiting for 3 1/2 weeks :)

• Like 1

Hi Dirkz

Your turn will come! The key is to learn from others like Shazpas on how to expedite the process. One cannot influence one's actual time in the waiting room, but one can certainly reduce the time it takes after that, as demonstrated by Shazpas.

As for our own timeline, we have hit a bit of a speed-bump with my son's AoS application. Being self-employed, his annual income is a little erratic, and this has made Centrelink somewhat nervous! We have now had to bring on another sponsor in the form of my Australian-based brother, which has delayed our whole process.

Trouble is....we have already booked our flights to ensure we get airplane seats to arrive in time for Christmas. Its going to be seriously touch-and-go; and the next 18 days will definitely be a nail-biting time for the two of us, so a little prayer from those of you Christians out there would be much appreciated.

Orphan, yes this is where faith comes in !

Stay positive and do the correct things. I'm sure it's going to work out fine for you.

We'll keep you in our prayers.

We also bought our tickets in August already when seats were filling up for the December holidays. But fortunately we got Visitor Visas :)

• Like 1

No no Orphan. God is so so so good!!!!! Just pray and believe and everything will be ok. Will pray as well. Kop op en oe na Bo!!!

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Hows everyone doing?

Just wanted to update on my application progress as now its been exact 1 month and 5 days from my CO alottment.

We have submitted all pending documents and now just struggling to get AOS done.

Yesterday, centerlink has finally sent the letter giving details of lodgment of bond and its gonna reach my daughter any time now.

Its all coming to an end now and hopefully we gonna get our visa before christmas.

Good luck to all the new applicants and please keep updating and sharing your experiences.

Regards,

Niamatbir aka Richard Coull

Edited by Niamatbir

Hi there Received our AOS approval yesterday, Medicals done, PC done, so all sorted. House sold too, Happy face. Just waiting for CO now. Will update, hoping its in the next few weeks.

Good luck to all.

Hi Rich,

Good to hear that your own AoS process is now coming to an end. Once you have submitted your bond receipt to PVC, the rest wont take very long before your Visa is issued - possibly 5 - 8 working days.

We are still awaiting our bond payment request letter from Centrelink. We hit another speed bump in the AoS process when our Centrelink case officer went off for two days with dental problems. To compound the delay, it appears my brother wrote down "SA" in his sponsorship application form, which Centrelink took to mean we were coming from "Saudi Arabia". That must have set off alarm bells somewhere in the corridors of State Security, and thereby added a few more days to our process! So it is looking highly unlikely that we shall get our visas before we are scheduled to fly out on Monday 22nd, which will mean we wont make it in time for Christmas. Still praying for a miracle though!

And for Belinda....

Very well done indeed! Now that you have all your ducks walking nicely in a row, your visa will be issued with the minimum of delay once your turn comes. This just shows how this process can, and should be managed.

Please take note all those who follow behind.

The Assurance of Support component of your application can be a bit of a minefield, and Centrelink are not exactly working at breakneck speed. So set aside two months to get this part done, and start before you expect your PVC Case Officer to be appointed. Also, make sure that you keep checking with Centrelink on the exact income level required by your sponsor, as this can be increased at any time, and without notice (as in our case). Note that the amount to be earned by each sponsor is different, as the income calculation is influenced by the sponsor's personal situation, such as size of the family, number of dependents, type and length of employment etc.

Edited by Orphan

• Mara pinned this topic