NEW THREAD - 143 Contributory Parent (Migrant) Visa - Tips and Other information

Orphan

Hi Orphan,

I did tried to find out the website you mentioned to keep the track of delay from Visa Center.

Would you be kind enough to explain me the procedure how and where I can do it. How does this website tracking thing works ?

Really appriciate your help. Thanks :)

Myth,

There is no website. All you need to do each month is send a blank email to parents@immi.gov.au, and you will receive an automated generic notice with details about the various types of visas being processed by the Parent Visa Centre in Perth.

About half-way through the email, you will find a section headed "Processing Times for Contributory Parent Visas - subclass 143 where applicant does not hold a subclass 173 visa". There you will find a sentence "The current processing date is ....", followed by the Month and Year in red (and sometimes the Day as well).

That tells you the date of the applications currently in front of the Case Officers at the Visa Centre, When you see your application date featured in the notice, it means that your CO is checking your application and identifying what documents you still need to submit. Once this is done, you will receive an email from the Visa Centre giving you the next steps to follow.

TIP: The Visa Centre usually updates its notice in the first week of each month, but is sometimes quite slow in doing so. Therefore, you may need to keep sending emails at the beginning of each month until you get the updated information. But once you have it, there is no point sending in any more emails until the following month, as you wont see any change in information.

• Like 1

Thanks Orphan. That was a great help from you. The email had heaps of related information on every topic you possibly want for 143.

This waiting part is very frustrating sometimes :P but hopefully soon it will get over. Thanks so much for taking time and helping. :)

Is there some one else in this forum on the same boat as I am. Waiting for the time to come !!!

Best wishes for every one.

Hi there,

What an amazing thread this is - thank you, Orphan!

I came across this forum whilst googling information on the 143 for my parents. I wanted to login to thank you for all the information here - it is brilliant; it is also so good to hear about the happy, faith-sustained stories.

I do have a question, as well (although even if it doesn't get answered i think i know what to do already!) - it is a bit silly, but it relates to how the forms are lodged. I will carry my parents' package of forms/documents with me back to Melbourne to lodge; there are 2 addresses listed for the PVC, one of mails (a Locked Bag), and one for couriering. I thought i might send the package via Australia Post Express Post or Registered Mail - should I use the couriering address? (I would do so by default, i think).

:)

Hi Calebcat,

Welcome to the forum, and here's wishing your parents great success with their visa application.

In answer to your question, my son who is based in Queensland, forwarded all of our documents to the Visa Centre using the standard Australia Post service to the locked mail bag address, and without experiencing any problems or delays. However, I would imagine that the advantage of using a courier service would be the ability to track it.

But whatever you do, keep copies!

My son, based on the Gold Coast, also just posted our forms to the PVC after we couriered it from South Africa to him. It reached them within a few days, no problem.

All the best with your applications :)

We're flying over on Monday for another 4 weeks visit, but only expect our PR visas towards June next year (19 months from application)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

any updates on subclass 143. Did anyone heard from CO yet. :glare: Still waiting for me and my parents. **Sigh** don't how long it's gonna take. We can't wait to meet my cute little 2 months old neice and my sis. Wishing you all very best who are waiting to join their lovely families.

Hi Myth

We lodged 23 August 2013 and we have not heard anything as yet. No more dates on the auto reply when sending an email. It is extremely frustrating and sometimes you get so despondent that you start wondering if you doing the right thing. Will keep everybody updated. Please pray with me that we get a CO VERY soon.

• Like 1

Hi RoneIP,

I totally agree with you. This waiting does get frustrating sometimes.

Wish you all the best, hope to hear from you very soon :). Do keep us updated

Hi Myth and RonelP

In the automated response the date they are currently processing is

Assessing sc. 143/173

10 August 2013

so not too long now. They are already assessing your month, just a couple of days before they get to yours. Hope you hear from them soon! Keep us updated.

Hi Myth

We lodged 23 August 2013 and we have not heard anything as yet. No more dates on the auto reply when sending an email. It is extremely frustrating and sometimes you get so despondent that you start wondering if you doing the right thing. Will keep everybody updated. Please pray with me that we get a CO VERY soon.

In the automated response the date they are currently processing is

Assessing sc. 143/173

10 August 2013

• Like 1

Hi RoneIP,

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged on 23 August 2013

This is what I got in my today's automatic email reply. Best of luck :)

Edited by myth

Hi All,

Just wanted to confirm about 2nd VAC for subclass 143.

As my application was lodged on March 2014, at that time I came to knew that I had to pay AUD $ 42,220 per applicant. Recently I saw the update that price has been increased to AUD $ 43,600. Was bit confused about it. Could some one kindly help me with the correct info. How much amount will I need to pay?

Thanks .

Hi Myth

Thank you so much for letting us know the new date of assessing. Our exact date of lodgement. We hoping and praying for a CO this week.

Regarding the 2nd VAC, I copied this from the website:

The cost of visas changes from time to time. The cost of your visa is dependent on the date we receive your application. If there is a price increase between the date you lodge your application and the date we receive your application, you will need to pay the new application charge.

So the way I understand this is that we both will be paying the $ 42 220,00 per applicant.

Will keep u all posted.

• Like 1

Hi Myth and RonelP

You are correct. The visa charges as at the time of your application receipt date will be what you will be charged. You both should hear pretty soon from your CO's. So excited for you! Good luck. Wish I was there already.

• Like 1

Hi Elna57,

Thanks for your wishes. And wish you all the very best aswell hope everything goes smooth and easy.

May I ask what's your lodgement date?

Any update RoneIP, did you heard from your CO yet hows things going !!! till yesterday it was still showing the same date 23/Aug/2013 in email.

Hi All

Received a phone call at 03h45 on Thursday morning from my daughter crying and saying..........We have a CO. She tells me all they need and says she will forward the email to me. Received the email, cant read properly on my phone and I get up to look on my computer. Read the email, see only my husbands name is on the letter. Check the attached checklist and see they need my PC as well, but I am listed as a non-migrating dependent. I look on the front page again, and yes only my husband is listed and only one 2nd VAC amount is on there. Go back to bed, send Melissa a message saying that I am not listed. She checks and now we both a bit worried. You must know this is now about 4 in the morning. My brain does not work at that time of the day. Tell her to email them which she did. Now the only person I know that is still in SA whose visa has been granted is still sleeping. Ok, I decide to wait and at about 06h30, I send my friend a message and ask if both their names were on their letter. She has a look and says yes!!!!!!! Now I am awake properly and starts worrying big time. Send Melissa another message saying I think we should phone them and ask why I was declined (that's what I thought at that stage). She has just started a new job and is very busy, but she phones, on hold for 10 minutes and gives up. My poor son-in-law that has just returned for 1 day from being out of town is trying to sort out work issues before he flies out again the next morning, said he will phone when getting home. This is now about 15h30 Aus time. After being on hold for 25 min, the guy he spoke to said that I am listed as a migration dependent and that we must just send an email to the CO and ask him to correct this. Melissa sends the email. Wake up this morning, no reply from them. We decide to wait until Monday before harassing them. Melissa decides to try and call them at 16h30 Aus time today and got through to a fantastic guy which, while she was on the line, phoned the CO and 3 minutes later she received an email stating............Apologies for the error, this will be rectified on Monday. I wonder if these guys know that they nearly caused me a heart attack.

So we will wait for Monday to see if the correct letter will be mailed.

Hope to tell you soon that our visa has been granted. Tomorrow is 21 months from lodgement date. Hope the rest of this will go smooth.

Sorry for the loooooong story, but thought I had to put it in detail!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Hi RoneIP,

I haven't heard anything like this before. I have learned something new, If anything unexpected happens one must contact immigration office to clear it as soon as possible. I can imagine how much tension this would have caused to you and your family.

Thanks God !! At the end it all turned out to be normal and everything was sorted out.

Wish you all best of luck and hope to hear from you very soon. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am urgently looking for a telephone number for the visa office (not the toll free number). We have a CO since last Monday and we have not heard anything as yet. All paperwork were emailed last Monday. Need to find out what is going on. Can anybody help please.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

We received the correct letter on Monday 25 May 2015. My daughter emailed all the docs immediately and now we so excited because like everybody else we will hear in a day or so. Well on Monday 22 June 2015 we received the email requested 2nd VAC. 28 days after the letter from the CO. I think we broke the record!!!!!!!!!! Money paid yesterday, so now to wait for the "Golden Letter". O BTW, our entry date is 05 November 2015. Little more than 4 months. Hope we get all our things sorted out by then.

Will keep you posted.

Great to know that everything has worked out well in the end :blush-anim-cl: Must have been a very stressful time receiving the incorrect letter. Good luck; I've still got 2 years' of waiting ahead of me - only just paid the 1st VAC on 25 June.

• Like 1

Great to know that everything has worked out well in the end :blush-anim-cl: Must have been a very stressful time receiving the incorrect letter. Good luck; I've still got 2 years' of waiting ahead of me - only just paid the 1st VAC on 25 June.

The end of every journey all began with the first step. The two years feels like an eternity but it too shall pass.

Thanks Jordy, appreciate your words of wisdom; always welcome. I know how quickly time flies, but I still can't help feeling I'm in limbo....so much to do, yet still that wee bit too early to get started - though I must confess, that in ca 2 mnths I'll be looking at packing up the things I know I'll not be using on a daily basis but am taking with me and then stacking up the boxes neatly in the empty spare bedroom (of course making sure everything is immaculately clean and itemised per box) :blush:

Hi All,

It's good to hear for RoneIP, hope you meets your family soon in Australia :).

Just wanted ask that is it always that immi gives a later entry date in-relation to subclass 143 as RoneIP mentioned that still have 4 months later entry date ??

If someone could share any info related to it..thanks :)

Hello Myth,

If I understand your question correctly, please note that in your Visa Grant Letter, there appears a date which is described as your "Initial Arrival Date". This is the latest date by when you must enter Australia using your new visa. In Ronel's case, this is 05 November 2015.

A person's "Initial Arrival Date" seems to be exactly 12 months after one's Police Clearance Certificate date, or Medical Examination date, whichever is the earliest. Please note that both your PCC and Medical are valid for one year only, and therefore you need to arrive in Australia before either of these expire.

In my case, my PCC was issued on 14th April 2014, and my Medical examination took place on 16 May 2014. Therefore, my Visa Grant letter stipulated that I must enter the country no later than 14th April 2015 (being the earlier of the two dates). Based on the date provided by Ronel above, you will find that 05 November will match the earliest date of one these two activities undertaken by her.

If you want to know what your initial date of entry will be, you should look at the dates of your PCC and Medical Examinations, and using the earlier of the two, project exactly one year on. If you haven't done either of these tasks yet, then the longer you delay them, the later your initial entry date will be.

• Like 2

• Mara pinned this topic