NEW THREAD - 143 Contributory Parent (Migrant) Visa - Tips and Other information

Orphan

Dear Now Adopted,

Thank you so much, that clears up the payment questions in my head (to an extent). W.r.t the VAC 2 Payment is that payable irrespective of your visa being approved or rejected? Or is it only payable if approved?

Question 4
In terms of documentation, were you required to submit unabridged birth and marriage certificates, police clearance, proof of English proficiency

I hope you are absolutely loving your new home!

The Hoff

Hi Hoff

The Vac2 payment is only payable if the parent visa is granted. If it is not approved, you will only lose the VAC1 payment.

IRO your parents' documentation, you will only need to submit notarised copies of the originals with their application. These should always be the full ("unabridged") document (NB - abridged anything is unacceptable as these are only temporary documents). Normally, the only document that could be abridged may be a birth certificate, as it is unusual for one not to have the full marriage certificate. In that case, they need to get onto applying for an unabridged birth certificate from Home Affairs asap, as there is usually a long delay, and it can sometimes be a real hassle.

Your folks can get their documents notarised at their local police station, and submit these with their application. They should then courier the originals to you in Australia for safekeeping..

Police certificates must be applied for from SAPS, and takes about 6 weeks from start to finish (I have posted on this forum how to go about that) When these come back, they need to make copies, have them notarised, send you the originals, and hang on to the copies until called for by the Case Officer in 18 months. Note that applying for PCC only happens when you get the acknowledgement letter back from the Parent Centre, as this stipulates the date when they may apply (which is about 10 months after the visa lodgement date)

Under normal circumstances, your folks don't need to undergo an International English Language proficiency test, unless they plan to work professionally in Australia, and received their degrees at a South African university. In which case, look up the professional umbrella/controlling body's requirements on the internet to see what needs to be done. .

Exciting UPDATE...... We have a Case Officer. We have supplied all required documents and they will be requesting 2nd Vac payment (through our agent)

(Who is still on leave) I have communicated directly with her to speed things up.

• Like 2

Quick question, the Bank guaranteed cheque for the 2nd Vac Pmt, who does this get made out to 'Aus Gov' ? thank you so much for all your help.

Hi there Belindaf,

Your VAC2 Bank cheque must be made payable to the ‘Department of Immigration and Border Protection’.

And don't forget, the cheque should be drawn on an Australian bank, to eliminate the clearance delay of 28 days, which happens automatically if drawn on a foreign bank

Orphan , Thank you so much. Yeah have all that sorted, will be from an Aus Bank to eliminate all clearance delays. So my daughter must send it Registered mail to them in Perth. Wish the agent would assist with this now, they still all on festive holiday leave !! SO thank you so much.

Hey guys,

Day before yesterday, PVC team finally requested us for 2nd VAC.Today i made the payment through Bank Demand Draft as suggested by our agent.

Im not sure about its clearance time but i hope everythings goes quickly ( really excited ).

rich

• Like 2

Dear Now Adopted!

Thank you for your detailed information w.r.t the VAC Payment 2 and documentation, I really appreciate it!

I will get them going on applying for the unabridged documentation asap.

We had to provide or unabridged birth and marriage certificates and after waiting 1 year for home affairs ended up using a company in Durban (I was based in Johannesburg) who were excellent.

I am not sure if I am allowed to mention their name on the forum, admin if not please feel free to remove.

The company is http://www.bunnyhop.co.za/.

Fantastic service, documents were obtained and couriered to my doorstep!

Good luck everyone!

Michelle

Hey Everyone,

Time to take a roll-call!

Please let us know which Parents are currently sitting in the Waiting Room, and where you are on your Timeline.

And if you are still in the starting blocks, and in the throes of considering/debating/planning to embark on the Parent Visa route, why not introduce yourself to all the other forumites in the same position?

Progress : 2nd Vac Payment Registered Mail from Bris to Perth, expecting Visa Granted as soon as they rec this. Packing, cleaning and Sorting for Container.

• Like 2

We're very happy for you Belindaf. We're on the other end of the waiting room.

Submitted 143 visa on 6 November 2014

1st VAC deducted about 3 weeks later

Waiting for Confirmation letter (probably delayed due to holidays over Christmas and New Year)

Been following and subscribing to this thread for a few months now and will follow it and contribute when needed.

We were in the Gold Coast over Christmas with our 2 kids and grand children but have to go again for my daughter's first baby in April. The long flights get a bit tiresome... wish we were there permanently already !

• Like 1

Hi All

We are getting closer. Lodged on 23 August 2013. Medicals booked for next week Thursday (29 January 2015). Please pray that medicals will be fine. I'm neurotic and is worried about that. (the devils loves me when I am like that). AOS done beginning of last year already, Police Clearance with my daughter in Perth, so it is just the medicals and the last bit of waiting.

What is worrying us now is the last Vac payment that must be done. We do not have an Aus banking account and are a bit worried about the income tax implications on depositing the full amount into my daughters account. Can anybody give some feedback on that please. Any advise on that would be appreciated.

Will keep you all up to date with the progress.

Hi Ronel,

I am not an expert, but don't think you need to worry about your deposit attracting a tax liability against your daughter. After all, it is not derived income; but merely a "gift". In our case, we put the money into a trust account set up in our grandchildren names,

If you are concerned, perhaps the best place to start is for your daughter to speak to her bank, or accountant about this?

Hi Orphan,

Thanks for the fantastic write up. So glad for you and everyone else who could join their children in Aus.

QUick question, we have received PR and fly out in April this year. My brother in-law has been in Oz for 3 years now on a sponsorship, a botched application for his PR has resulted in his employer to sponsor him again now while going through the whole process of applying for PR.

This means, he still doesn't have PR and we do. He has been living there for 3 years, we still going. They are only 2 children, hence my 'outlaws' also want to move over.

Will this be acceptable as a sponsor for them, or will they have to wait until we have been there for 2 years? That will seriously suck if it is the case, that means they will only be there in 5 years.

Thank you

Hi Bigvan,

A sponsor must have permanent residency, and "have lived lawfully" in Australia for two years, in order to qualify..

Therefore, if you are wanting to sponsor them, you will need to be there for two years first.

However, not so for your BIL. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that PR and Residency are two separate issues. In other words, it does not stipulate that one must have had a PR during the same two years one is required to live in Oz. The fact that your BIL has lived "lawfully"in Oz for three years already should satisfy the one condition. Once he is granted his PR, should satisfy the second condition. Its worth checking this out!.

Having said this, if your folks haven't submitted their visa application as yet, they are going to wait at least 20 months anyway, which may make this whole discussion irrelevant!

Edited by Orphan

Finally got the golden letter! Thank you Orphan for every piece of information and for making this journey easier.I would really wish to meet all of you guys one day.

One more decision to make:-

Singapore or emirates? :P

Rich

Edited by Niamatbir
  • Like 2

Excellent news Rich!

Its been quite a journey for you, but it sounds like there was no problem with your son's visa ?

As for your airline, my vote goes to Emirates, most definitely.

• Like 1

No problem at all..

The detailed dependency questionnaire reply worked!! :)

Edited by Niamatbir
  • Like 1

@ Orphan,

Thank you for the feedback, I will look into it. Appreciate it

@Rich

Well done mate, so glad to hear! Enjoy paradise

@Belinda

Hang in there, it is coming!

• Like 1

Well done Rich ! Enjoy :)

Just something I noticed while going through my VAC1 receipt.

We lodged on 6 Nov 2014 and received the confirmation of lodgment email on 25 Nov 2014 on which date the money was taken out our credit card.

Attached was the receipt for the VAC1 amount. They also confirmed that 6 Nov is our lodgment date and the delay in registering the application will not affect the processing time as applications are based on the lodgment date.

But they also mentioned that due to the great volumes of applications it takes about 5 months to register an application and send the acknowledgement letter. So we should expect that only about April 2015.

• Like 1

Hi Dirkz

It sounds like the Visa Centre has introduced an initial communication just to advise one that their VAC1 payment has gone through.

The actual Acknowledgement Letter contains a great deal more information, including your HAP Medical Number(s) and dates when you can undergo things like medicals, PCC and AoS. As this letter previously took about 6 weeks to arrive after submitting an application, what you have just received came a lot earlier than normal, and was probably an interim step to keep you from hassling them about the payment receipt, lodgement etc., and because of the Christmas break.

Alternatively (and more likely) it possibly indicates that the volume of new applications being received by the Visa Centre has significantly increased the delay in acknowledging such applications. If true, you may also find that your time in the Waiting Room will be longer than it has been in the past!

However, the most important thing to recognise is that your Lodgement Date has been fixed, and you will see what this is when you eventually get your acknowledgement letter. It also means that your Vac 2 fee has been fixed at whatever the current price is. .

• Like 1

:jester::stretcher: :whome:JUST received our 'GOLDEN LETTER' what a relief......such a roller coaster ride its been.... Thank you everyone for your support and all the information .

• Like 3

WOW Belinda,

That is such fantastic news! Congrats, enjoy paradise.

Dirk, you're next!

• Like 1

• Mara pinned this topic